All member reviews for The Invasion

Smart thriller devolves into standard action fare.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Way better then I thought!

This movie is really scary! there is alot of violants and people being attacked. This movie is good for any kid over 13 that loves violant alien action!
Adult Written bysugarmomma April 9, 2008

Surprise

I wanted to let you know that on the Invasion it was a total let down on your review of the movie. You stated there was one scene of Carol striping down to hose and a brief intense kiss. There were two additional scenes were another woman was getting into bed in her panties with a man. Also, a scene where Carol was naked down to her bra and panties and it showed her entire back side while she was naked down to her bra and panties. As you can see I was watching this with my three children ages 11, 8, and 4, as well as my husband, I was highly upset because we watched your movie based on your review. We were ready for one scene to cover up, but were completely unprepared for the other two shocking scenes!!! Please do a BETTER job of rating your sexual scenes in the movie for parents to make a better decision to watch or not to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAmR April 9, 2008

Almost perfect...just a bad ending

This movie would've been 5 stars but the ending was way to basic. My friend friend and I were thinking of some elaborate twist at the end but, nothing. Now there is some really disturbing violence in this movie, at least for it being PG13. And i mean really strong for a PG13 movie. 2 people leaped off a building and you could hear the wet splat when they hit the ground. :(
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

A Subtle Fear

Keep in mind, the last time I watched this movie was in December of 2009, almost five years ago. The film itself has numerous plot holes and quick fixes. There have been movies akin to this caliber, some going as far as exceeding the boundaries of disappointing script writing, among other peripherals. The fear that one is supposed to feel during the movie is definitely extant, but once one chooses to imagine what exactly would happen come the plot's seemingly inconceivable "consequences," that individual will find the uneasiness disappointing, laughable at times. No horror movie is a horror movie without realistic consequence should the same prospect the horror movie pivots on take place in reality.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bykln8r April 9, 2008

Woah

This movie was pretty intense, for a 13 yr old like me, but i liked it. it was more suspense than horror, because the animated aliens don't look very realistic. Definitely for ages 12 or 13 and up, because of violence, some sexuality and horor.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Kept me on the edge of my seat.

Me liking anything with Nicole Kidman, I may not be one to rate this movie, but I will anyway. Very good scary movie in my opinion, all the good stuff to scare you without all the blood and gore. This kept me on the edge of my seat, I would recomend it to 13+
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byunicornb May 2, 2016

Amazing "Outbreak" Film Has You On Edge!

This Film Is Begins With A Space Shuttle Disaster, That Crash Lands Back On Earth. Scientists Then Begin To Realize That The Rubble Was Contaminated With A Contagious Virus. The Virus Activates While You Sleep, Turning You Into Emotionless Beings That Wants To Infect Everyone Else, When You Wake Up. The Film Is Very Suspenseful And Will Have Families On Edge Throughout The Film. There Is A Lot Of Violence Though (Gunshot Wounds, Suicide, Car Accidents, Vomit). There Is Nothing Inappropriately Sexual, Except Passionate Kissing That Quickly Stops. The Story Is Bitter Sweet, With A Great, But Predictable Ending. Great "Don't Go To Sleep" Vibe Adds To The Tension. Totally Recommend To Fans And Families That Love Suspense!
Teen, 13 years old Written byL.C.H. December 27, 2008

An Amazingly Deep Movie

I saw this movie expecting your standard horror alien/zombie movie. I was suprised to find that this movie delved into deep themes about the cost of the freedoms and peace. There is not a whole lot of outright violence, but much is implied and the movie is very creepy at times. I reccomend this to all kids 13 and older and some mature kids ages 12 or older.

Nicole Kidman is the highlight of this great film...

From the creators of the Matrix comes a great remake starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. I know that sounds outlandish, but it's true, this sci-fi fodder is worth your time and money, the critics were way too harsh. Seriously, go enjoy this movie...