All member reviews for The Italian Job

Exciting heist film for teens and their families.

Teen, 14 years old Written bythat_one_guy726 April 9, 2008

Edge-of-your-seat action!

This is an exciting movie clean enough for anyone 12+. There's some iffy content for anyone younger. The main characters steal for a living, so the good guys are bad guys, and the bad guys are REALLY bad guys. The movie never slows down, I enjoyed it alot. But it may be akward telling your kids that the good guys are the ones they see stealing.
Parent Written byedk012 April 9, 2008

Great movie, but there's one big problem.

This was a really fun movie and I've enjoyed watching it several times now. The thing I think parents need to be careful about is the way the movie portrays crime. In the beginning you've got thieves stealing most of whom all of the sudden become the victims of the "bad" thief. As the saying goes...there is no honor amoung thieves. On top of that the casting is very good, so it's easy to love the good "bad guys" in this movie. There are a lot of movies that do this, just make sure you have a conversation with your children about what really happens to criminals the majority of the time. Oh, one other thing is that there is a part toward the end where one of the characters makes a reference to being filled with the Holy Spirit. Funny part, but makes light of sacred things.
Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Questionable Message

This was a very exciting movie no doubt... packed with action, cool cars, and great computers. However, it contained plenty of questionable elements. It placed a very high vaulue on money, money, money. It excused stealing and lying. Also language and violence marred the film. Would not reccomend it to an adult or child.

Adult Written byadrian April 9, 2008

Finally an action movie without the sex and non-stop swearing

We enjoyed this movie. As Christians, we have a hard time finding movies that we approve of for ourselves let alone would let our kids watch. Other than a bit of swearing, which could have been left out, the movie focused on just being a fun, action-packed, intelligent film. It was full of cool chase scenes and was a lot of fun. It was fast-paced and never boring. The story line was original and well-written. We let our 9 year old watch this movie and there were no spots where we didn't think he should cover his eyes or ears. A bit of swearing like I said but it was still a refreshing experience to go to a movie and not have a list of offences afterwards.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Good Action

This is probably one of the best not R-rated action movies you will find. I've seen it several times, and it's very cool.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzorba1994 April 9, 2008

A solid heist pic

Good film. Here's the lowdown Sex: A seemingly post sex (morning after) seen, no nudity, guy walks off before girl wakes up. A character replaces a conversation he can't hear with possible words to himself, involving taking virginity. Violence: One gruesome seen with a body floating in water. Guns, a character is sent to his fate, which probably involves being crushed by a garbage compounder Social Behavior: The characters or robbers, but it's implied that they only steal from crooks. Language: 1 f-k some less severe words, 3 flip offs. Drugs/alchochol: Cigarrettes and beer, but no one gets drunk. Seriously, what kid hasn't seen that. All in All 11+
Teen, 14 years old Written byJostriker May 15, 2010

iffy for 12 and under

amazing move one of my favs the lingo is not to bad there is 1 fu#@ it is implied that a man will get crushed by machines that tear down buildings but you dont actually see it.
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

very good 11 and up

very good its almost like oceans eleven lots of action and the movie is funny too 11 and up some people consider this movie a classic
Teen, 13 years old Written byIrateyourmovies October 1, 2009

Stealing and Revenge- is pretty much what this is about

Ok, this movie is not the best example for kids. Seeings how it is all about stealing money and revenge. But along the way there is some really good parts. Besides the car chases are amazing seeings how they used austin minies!(Best car in the world) Anywho, wouldn't miss out. But I would say don't let kids under the age of twelve, watch it unless they are mature.
Adult Written byMovie Man December 6, 2009

Exciting, Full-Throttle Heist Flick is Very Fun!

This is a very fun and entertaining film. The acting is superb and the writing is top-notch. The action sequences are also exceptional and fun to watch. There are clever one-liners and heist plans. PARENTS: Not too much to watch out for, there are only a few shootings and punches; there are multiple intense car chases and heists, but that's it. There is also strong language and some sexuality. I highly recommend this film. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Teen, 14 years old Written byEragonfan April 9, 2008

Great Teen movie

A man and his group of robbers steals gold from Italy, but one of the members goes bad and kills the leader. He then takes all of the gold away from them, years later the members of the group seek revenge. Strong Language and some strong Violence. rate: 4 stars not for 12 and under
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman August 23, 2009

one of the best

really good. contentsome mild violence and a man wakes up with a girl in her panties and some brief strong language
Adult Written bylisalisa April 9, 2008

not complete torture

A great movie to see with young teenagers or fairly together 9-10 year olds. Lots of chase scenes, vaguely ironic humor that kids love to pretend they understand and good bloodless explosions if you like that sort of thing which I do. One 9 year old wanted to know why everyone was "feeling on" Charlize Theron to which the other 9 year old answered with feigned sophistication that it's because "everyone thinks she's cute". So the sexual content is benign at worst, puzzling at best; there is one scene in which Edward Norton shoots repeatedly into the water hoping to kill his former cohorts and another in which he shoots the gold dealer at close range. Gross and disturbing but no worse than most tv shows. The consensus was "awesome" mostly because of the chase scenes and cool ingenious ways they managed to steal the loot. Harmless.
Adult Written bykyleporter January 8, 2009

Very engaging

Engages the audience to the characters as well as the plot. Very fun, exciting, enjoyable 2 hours. Seen it 5+ times and loved it the same each time
Adult Written byed1993 December 30, 2010

Terrible "remake" of a classic

Yeah, it's suitable for the over 9's, but the plot is thin, the humour thinner. Buy the original!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCinnamoe August 10, 2011

Entertaining!

A very entertaining film with many twists! Some language and sexual comments. There aren't really any positive messages or role models, I have to say, but it is fast-paced and exciting. Solid entertainment!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymferguson03 April 9, 2008

Fun to Watch

I loved the main characters and the way they interacted with each other. The action scenes were pretty cool, and overall, it was great. The only downside was the language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Thrilling Heist Film

This is a very good movie, filled with suspense and action, not recommended for kids under twelve, but enjoyed most by older teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster March 15, 2013

just good for tv

This movie issn't gory or really brutale kids over 10 can watch this for sure the movie itzelf well you can watch this if it is on tv but not to buy or rend movie is ok