All member reviews for The Kingdom

Intense, bloody look at Mid East violence.

Adult Written byD-Fresh June 16, 2011

Great clean action movie

This is the reality of who and what we are fighting in the middle east. Two out of five stars... come on now. Not only is this a good clean action movie, but it does a good job showing the resolve of our enemies, and thus the resolve with which we must face them. Just because a movie is violent doesn't mean you need to give low ratings
Adult Written byMovie Man September 6, 2009

Powerful, Violent Mystery-Thriller in Middle East.

This was a very good film. The performances were superb and the direction very well done. It can get confusing at times, but overall, the story seems fairly clear. The action sequences are rough but I have seen much more graphic violence elsewhere.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJFN1234 March 20, 2009
I thought this movie was very powerful but some parts of the movie where bombs explode and show bodies being blown up. but over all it was a good movie.
Adult Written byThe Blue Cell April 9, 2008
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Fair

Worthy to see.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymak124 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byanoreo April 9, 2008

Great

This is a great movie. You should take them to go see it, as long as you let them hear cussing and they can handle depressing bloody action scenes.
Adult Written bynieton21@gmail.com April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGerard1 April 9, 2008

Good 16 and older though.

Good.
Adult Written bywaterdog April 9, 2008

Good movie with a realistic ending

This was a very good movie the begining is very powerful and very realistic. I would have a different ending. The ending was effective and realistic. There was alot of shooting with very little of the characters getting wounded even thought the enemy had the high ground and more weapons, slightly unrealistic but it played. A very good movie, well worth the time spent watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDrummer1235 April 9, 2008

action movie with a soul

This movie is an incredibly paced action movie. However it goes well past the constraints of any shoot em up. The Kingdom is really an in-depth look at the middle east. It humanizes and villianizes both sides. It allows the viewer to draw their own conclusions. The language and violence are not a big issue for a mature 11 or 12 year old. Any younger and it wouldn't be worth it because they wouldn't understand. This movie will leave you thinking... peace
Teen, 17 years old Written byrobots in disguise April 9, 2008

I want to watch it again

As long as your ok with R rated violence (like Gladiator) and some language then watch this movie.
Adult Written byprs113 April 9, 2008

Action At All Times

If you like action movies with contemporary themes, this is a great movie. Good story, decent acting, well worth renting, even though the violence isn't for everyone.
Adult Written bytedgoodier April 9, 2008

Uncomfortable Moments

I felt this movie was much better than reviewers gave it credit for. Perhaps it is too contemporary and based too closely on very realistic violent terror incidents to be comforatable watching as entertainment. One extended scene, based loosely upon the beheadings like those of Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl, had me crawling in my skin. Unrealistic and a bit overblown in it's plot, still very timely and worth watching.

Very, very good!

This movie is really good, but really violent. In the first 10 minutes of the movie, it shows people (at close range) being shot and killed brutally. It continues during the movie. It may not be the best thing to show your 12-year-old, but I was able to watch it.