All member reviews for The King's Speech

Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama September 4, 2012

The King's Speech (2010)

Great for 13 and up, if you mute the swearing scene, 16 if you don't. Language: f--k (at least 25 times), s--t, b----y, t---s
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Good for most kids ten and up

Totally fine for any kid who's heard the f word a few times. I think this is really the parents judgment of what they think about there kid hearing swear words. Really positive message. Great movie!
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2012

Amazing!

I saw this movie when I was 9 because my mom knew that I wouldn't use those words! The one scene that made it R was when the main character shouts many, many cuss words (f***,s***,etc.) so if you are uncomfortable with letting your kids see this because of that one scene just cover their ears!!! There really isn't any other reason (in my opinion) why this is rated R. There are positive role models thru out although in a couple scenes the main character gets mad and isn't so positive! ;) great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiLovett June 23, 2012

Language?

I saw this once it came out in the theatre at age 12. Other than language, this film would be rated G or PG. I think fifth graders will be able to watch this film without any hesitation. It's not like they haven't hear the word "f**k" before.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna.f May 24, 2012

great movie

i think it'll be a great movie but it might be sad:( so i think ill love this see it
Teen, 13 years old Written byMike the LEGO Dude May 5, 2012

Such a Beautifully Made Motion Picture!

My MPAA Rating: PG-13 for Strong Language---- My Extended MPAA Rating: Strong Language: There is nothing inappropriate in this Oscar Winner except for Language. There is lots of Profanity, including several uses of F*ck
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 April 10, 2012

Long Live This Movie!

This is a great movie. Period. Superb acting, (especially by Colin Firth), and a wonderful life lesson about never giving up, and bravery. Kids will love how this amazing man managed to find his voice and be an amazing king, all thanks to the people who helped him.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickthebriton March 29, 2012

great movie, does not deserve R rating

This movie tells the story of a prince turned king who comes over the obstacle of stuttering and then must make a World War II speech. There is 1 outburst of cursing and the king has a temper as well as "bloody" is used a lot. The King smokes( although discouraged by the speech therapist) and there is one scene of drinking however if your child is mature I recommend you watch
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2012

Great Choice If You Are Looking For A Positive Message

This movie was amazing. There was a great message of over coming fear and stepping out of your shell. Almost all of the characters were positive role models, good people for kids to look up to. The only issue is the language. Just as long as you tell your kids during this movie that it is not okay to use the language that the king uses, I think that this movie would be a great choice for family movie night. Also, my family saw this movie when my little sister was seven, and she was OK.
Teen, 14 years old Written byquickbuild2345 February 29, 2012

Amazing historical drama with some language that must be taken in context

This is a very, very well made historical drama with superb acting and script. Violence: none. Sex: an affair is referenced a few times. Language: about 20 f-words and an equal amount of s-words. However, the context of this scene is very important: a man is going through speech therapy and his therapist asks him to get angry and swear. He slurs a bunch of cuss words in rapid succession. This is basically the only swearing in the whole film.
Kid, 9 years old January 28, 2012

T-t-this is th-th-th-the best m-m-m-movie ye-yet

Although it got it's R rating for language, it's still great film, Things to look out for are smoking by the king, language like f--k, s--t b------d, and t---s. Still, it has a positive message about overcoming your fears.
Teen, 14 years old Written byno name. January 22, 2012

A film fit for a king.

Colin Firth gives the performance of his lifetime in The King's Speech, A uplifting period piece that achieves its dramatic potential.
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2012

May Be Too Boring For Kids

It didn't deserve Best Picture (The Social Network did), but it certainly is a fantastic film. Colin Firth gives a great performance as the king. It may be too boring for kids but tweens and up will probably find it entertaining. There is one f-word blowout but that wars pretty mild. It has positive messages and role models. It's iffy for 11 and under and off for 7 and under.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 December 23, 2011

Good movie with good uses of cussing

This is one of the most inspiring movies of all times, the swear words in this movie(of which there are many) are used in a very good way. (excuse my mispelling)
Teen, 14 years old Written byiBanih December 9, 2011

Outstanding

Brilliant. I'm not a fan of dramas but this movie is just suberb. Although it can be unrealistic at times (a speech therapist would never swear in front of the king, anger him, or call him by by his nickname: "bertie"), it is still very convincing, and a brilliantperformance from all actors, especially Geoffrey Rush. Great postive messages: overcome your fears, nothing is impossible, if you believe you can achieve anything, and Lionel Louge is a very good role model. The only inapropriate content was some scenes with excessive swearing, but otherwise nothing is really a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 23, 2011

Not really R, great film

This is a fabulous movie. It is an inspiring, touching story and all of the actors are fantastic. This film is not quite worthy of its R rating. If you let your children see PG-13 movies it is no more inappropriate. All of the cursing clearly makes sense for where it is, and it is not suggested that those words should be used every day.
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2011

Strong lauge but life lesson

great movie at 1st my mom was a bit worried i was watching a rated r movie but my dad watched some of it and said there was nothing to worry about although they say the s word and the f word other than that it is a film about life
Kid, 11 years old October 12, 2011

THE KINGS SPEECH -- A+--RATED R only because of the strong use of language, although said so fast and in only 2 scenes, it can be PG-13.

I saw this movie and really enjoyed it! The only reason it is rated R, is because there is one scene where the main character says a long stream of very bad words, and then a few more used later on. However, For the first hour of the movie, there is nothing bad at all. This movie could have easily been rated PG, if the two worst scenes had been taken out. I say this should be rated PG-13, only because the strong language is said so fast and in basically 2 scenes, that you could skip that part, and watch it with 8 year olds! Anyways, this is a great film, and perfect for a family of young teens and mature tweens! I highly recommend!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCat2OO7 October 5, 2011

The Kings Speech

I saw this when i was 11, and i thought it was the best movie ever, alothough, the man does get quite upset and swear, but it is for a reason, my mom warned me that he was going swear, and i was o with it. It is a great movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2011

The King's Speech 101

The King's Speech is a great movie for kids 12+. The language in this movie is pretty crazy! Otherwise, this movie offers great role models and many positive messages. In my opinion, this movie should have been rated PG-13. Thanks for reading! :)