All member reviews for The Last Exorcism Part II

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaitham Bayazeed April 27, 2013

Not that bad!!!

It has really bad reviews, but it entertains although it is dim and unnecessary sequel but as a movie it is not scary as hell, but I had nothing to do and went to watch it and found it not that bad, I mean as a movie, not a sequel, it stands alone better than for example The Devil Inside, Paranormal Activity 4.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 11, 2013

Imperfect, but better than the first film

The first Last Exorcism (did I just say "first last exorcism"?) received a heavy amount of positive reviews, but I found it very underwhelming. I didn't hate it, but I expected more. Its greatest saving grace was the fairly effective and wildly unexpected twist ending, which definitely left me hungry for answers. Then I heard there was going to be a sequel (I guess it wasn't the last exorcism after all), and the trailer looked OK. So, even though I didn't like the first film too much, I decided to watch it and see what it had to offer. I saw the opening weekend matinée, without my parents (first time!), and sat with a trio of girls around my age who I didn't know. They were fun ;). And as the movie got going, I actually kind of got into it. It's not a great movie, and, as with the first film, I expected a lot more, but, ultimately, it's an OK movie. Shooting it in regular, non-found footage format was a good decision that helped make the film seem original. They also made Nell a three dimensional character that I could relate to. In the first movie, she just felt like a typical damsel in distress whose only purpose was, well, to get possessed. But in this movie, she is actually quite relatable, likeable, and sympathetic. The premise feels slow and simple, but it is more engaging than that of the first film, going into some depth with the characters and slowly springing some twists into the plot. The scares, while still a bit scarce, were well presented and, while never too shocking, they were pretty effective when they wanted to be. But, like Paranormal Activity 4, this film makes the mistake of not answering any questions from the first film and just bringing up some of its own (not that it's as bad as PA4, but it has that same problem). Also, while the first film had a mediocre first and second act but a great ending, this movie had a good first and second act, but the ending was really lame. For the most part, you could see it coming, and it was presented in an oddly upbeat tone. Maybe they were doing that to give it a touch of black comedy, but it just didn't work. And, of course, I can easily tell that it's going to lead into a third film. And, of course, I'm going to have to go see it when it comes out. See how easily manipulated we all are? It's disgusting. But whatever. This film is certainly nothing special, but it's at least mildly decent. It's worth seeing, but only once.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: The Last Exorcism Part II

Not the worst horror sequel ever. Although you might find it entertaining. Unnecessary. Absolutely straight to DVD and Blu-Ray sequel. Resolves nothing. Just for cash.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat July 31, 2013

Great, but extremely scary!

Teen, 14 years old Written byallisonsheehan June 30, 2013

Great movie!

Good, but some iffy parts of the movie. Don't let your child watch it alone.