All member reviews for The Last Exorcism

Tense "documentary" has some blood, lots of scares.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 8, 2011

boring movie

nothing any good, its supposed to be scary but there are too many talking scenes throughout the whole movie, i cant take it anymore!
Teen, 14 years old Written byallisonsheehan June 30, 2013

Good but Gross

Be careful watching this movie if your kid is easily disturbed!
Teen, 13 years old Written byneongreendave March 23, 2013

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhahahano

a fun fmaily movie!!!! lol <3 #Yolo
Teen, 14 years old Written byDC9000 March 18, 2013

Not too scary, not the best movie...

This movie really was not as scary as I thought it would be, however there are some scenes which are disturbing, for instance there is the birth of a small baby looking demon at one of the final scenes. There is some discussion of inappropriate things, and lots of scary things the possessed girl does. For instance breaking her figures as she counts to ten in front of the camera. Not too graphic, overall it was only an ok movie, but not too scary, rather slow start.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow March 2, 2013

Not the scarefest I was expecting

Being an enormous fan of found-footage horror films, I was hyped to see this movie. I rented it on a day that I was alone in the house, and, unfortunately, found it disappointing. Quite a bit, in fact. There were little to no scares, and while there was tons of buildup, there was very little payoff. I mean, the acting was okay and there were a few jump scares, but other than that, nothing. I guess they were just trying their best to keep it PG-13, but if The Ring, Apollo 18, and Drag Me to Hell were PG-13, they could have had more scares. For instance, when Nell becomes possessed, she starts saying evil things to the priest and all that stuff, but the things she says aren't scary, in fact, they're laughable: "Want a blowing job?" "Words, words, words!" "If you be quite for 10 seconds, I'll let the girl go!" That didn't come off as scary, it was just weird. They also made the mistake of giving the film a musical score, which I think ruins the tension of a found-footage movie. The only part of the film that I thought was really scary and surprising was the twist ending, but I won't give anything away. The sequel was actually a little better, but overall, I don't see this as a series that has potential for strength.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshans10 August 21, 2012

Please read this review before making up your mind! :)

Hiya! I'm 13 and I watched the film last night! It was very good! There is talk of incest and rape but that is only TALK and it is only an IDEA they have, as they think this may have happened to the girl. There is NO sex scenes at all, and i cant remember any bad language, it is fairly gory and there is a fair bit of violence but most of the atchall 'scare' is left to your imagination :) My review covered all that my mum would like to know when looking for a film for me t watch so hopefully i helped you choose! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 30, 2011

A Very Violent and Confusing Horror

A very violent and confusing horror that I will never come back to.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykate luvs dogs October 27, 2011

wasn't that good

I didn't think this movie was scary at all.
Parent Written bymoviemonster811 August 5, 2011

PASS ON THIS TASTELESS MOVIE FRAUD.

This is a very deceptive, disturbing and psychotic approach to movie making of any kind. It leads anyone to believe it is a documentary but in fact is nothing but a movie pretending to be a documentary. Because of this approach, this movie has absolutely no value except as far as talent goes but just a circus of masters of deception. I don't like fraudulent behavior, misleading information or otherwise deceptive practice of any kind. This is a new door opening up in the movie business that shouldn't be promoted or applauded. What a scam. Just a perfect mirror of the chaotic scam that is escalating in society. Talking about the "Devil, master of Deception" this is certainly a model for that subject to say the least. If it presented itself as a movie mocking a documentary, it still would be short of any entertainment value. The subject matter ranges from a exorcism to violent incest. Not a movie that should be viewed by anyone with any moral compass.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 19, 2011

This movie should seriously be rated R. It is psychologically disturbing and violent, and the way the filmmakers show that aspect is way too much for the PG-13 it has.

My rating: R for constant anti-God messages, frequent strong disturbing content involving horror-related/psychological violence, and for some brief sexual allusions.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 3, 2011

Great movie.very scary

This movie is kind of like the blair witch without all the cussing! OK movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byAsh1234791 March 4, 2011

I just watched this and screamed hafe to death im not good with blood so i had to turn my head alot. It was VERY VERY scary
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2011

It's a little....

I think that this is a good movie (I personaly didn't like the ending), a little scary for viewers under 13... also they probably wouldn't know about sex or understand what "rape" is... I'm 12 and watched it, but I was brought up differently than most 12 year olds...
Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 February 9, 2011

scary
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2011

Amazing!!!

I really love this movie, it is one of the best horror movies made in the past 3 years. I really liked it and it wasn't too scary. Watch it!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

SCARY!!!!!!

i saw this in theaters with my 15 year old friend and her older sister and mother.i was terrified! i almost screamed.i was so scared that my whole body was shaking and it continued to for 2 hours after the movie.my friend jumped a few times and her sister and mother wasnt scared.but i would watch it again
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 January 13, 2011

Don't get me wrong but there were some intense parts in this movie. Some parts did make me jump, but I'm really jumpy when it comes to scary movies. There were some blood and violence here and there, but it didn't show the act really well since it's one of those shaky camera type movies. The grossest part is probably the blood on a guys face when he gets cut by a knife. I'd probably say it was better than paranormal activity since that movie was definately not scary at all. Overall I thought this movie was ok, but definately not one I would watch again.
Adult Written byThat Guy Over There January 11, 2011

The Last Exorcism

One of my favorite movies in recent years. The only thing that should concern parents are the quick glimpses of violence. Although not much is shown. Most of it happens pretty instantly excluding the demise of the cat, which is shaky and fairly bloody.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez January 8, 2011

The Last Exorcism is a poor movie to watch but the story is really real about people getting possessed with demons in their body and with that being said this movie is only for your older teens young kids should stay clear of this movie because the movie is scary and parents you need to know that The Last Exorcism is a disturbing movie filled with violence blood and other disturbing images that may scared your young kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheCritic14 January 3, 2011

How did this not get an R RATING!?!?!?

One of the most violent PG-13 films I have ever seen, and one of the most disturbing at that (cult, fetus being thrown into a giant fire). Don't get me wrong, this is the one and only film that got a scream from me. The acting was great from the pastor and the girl, but once it gets scary, it's scary. Take high caution when taking younger kids for this