All member reviews for The Last House on the Left

Grim, vengeful horror film well made -- but NOT for kids.

Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 21, 2011

Boring movie

Me and my daughter watched this movie then my son watched it on HBO later.I rate this 3 stars because of not the stuff it has in there but because it really wasn't a good movie.my daughter thought it too disturbing and boring.I thought it was no good at all.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 March 10, 2012

High Disturbing And Graphic !

it was very well done but this Movie is High Graphic Violence the storying is basic about parents who revenge for what did to they daugther it but the movie is Rate R for good Reason don't recommend this Movie For Date because it Graphic Violence and rape scene in this Movie is Very Graphic And Disturbing !
Adult Written bycallofduty5 October 17, 2011

Last house on the left (2009)

First off this is not for kids, it's graphic sadistic violence, rape, sexual content and drug use and intensive continous scenes of intense peril and danger are not something you would want to share with kids below 17. The movie starts off with a brutal car crash and when Mari (Sara Paxton) goes to spend time with her friend Paige (Martha Macisaac) they get kidnapped by a villain called Krug (Garrett Dillahunt) and his company torments both and finally leads to killing Paige with a brutal way and savagely raping Mari. After the storm arrives and Mari escapes they assume they can seek shelter from the nearby house. They don't know it's her parents summer cottage, and after they realize who are the house's real owners they get in middle of brutal carnage and peril. Death scenes include severing finger with a sink garbage disposal shredder, blowing a hole into the head with a blunt hammer, shooting in the eye (results blood to flow on the wall as the victim falls). Blowing head off with a microwave and many other gruesome death scenes. Sexual stuff excluding rape is pretty moderate, the rape is very gruesome and girl is in continous pain. Profanity is present too. Not for anyone under the age of 17!
Adult Written bygreengobbie June 21, 2010

Not scary, but very violent!

I actually liked it. A well-written suspense thriller. Although brutally violent and disturbing, it's actually thriller. Common Sense got it wrong by calling this a horror multiple times in here. They don't know what horror is, really. Doesn't mean it's not a horror, kids can watch it. This film is recommended for adults only. 16 year olds CAN handle it.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 7, 2009

One of the better remakes of today!!

This movie I highly enjoyed. I put it off for a long time, I thought it would be just another bad remake. Wrong I was! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Very gripping and realistic! Wish the rape scene was cut-out, it's very brutal and hard to watch. Really good scary atmosphere will keep your eyes glued to the screen until the end. NOT FOR KIDS or anyone under 17 at least!!!
Adult Written byxomakeupxo October 26, 2009

loved it

I really enjoyed this movie it's one I did buy. I don't think it's for kids though. Theres a very brutal rape scene, a lot of random nudity (a girl walks into the room and takes her shirt off, a girl sleep naked) There's a lot of violence and gore which i'm a make-up artist so I don't mind scenes like that but examples are guy getting nose broken, girl getting stabbed in back and stomach, guy gets hand put down disposable, and guy gets head put in microwave. Theres also a lot of curse words used and a scene with teens doing drugs.
Adult Written byBrentJohn August 20, 2009

TRUE Horror! For the open-minded and horror lovers only

I personally enjoyed this film. It's not like most other horror films when the villan is a supernatural, mindless and unmotivated killing machine where all the deaths are predicable. It really asks you - Your child was raped, shot and left for dead, you have no car, the closest house is 6 miles away, and the criminals are in your home... What would you do? About the rape scene: Yes, it's horrifying, realistic, and barbaric, but you're SUPPOSED to hate it, making you hate the villians in the movie.
Parent Written byFilmcritic95 March 20, 2014

(FILM FANS' ALL TIME ENTERTAINMENT)

One that should only be seen by adults, 18 and up. The film does have nudity but not as much as other films. The acting and believe ability is very strong besides Sarah Paxton's performance. There's very realistic hardcore and gory violence that is real life looking, there's swearing that may offend parents or other adults. The story centers around a family's daughter who was almost killed by a group of serial killers and is extremely injured. While trying to take care of their daughter the mother and the father decide to get revenge on the killers for what they did. The message is great for parents to see what could happen to their child if they're not careful enough or responsible enough to care for them. It has a great message for parents and adults. But it is not to be seen by kids. Parents should wait until their child has turned 18 to see this movie.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy March 2, 2012

Awesome Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Good Movie. But extremely Inappropriate though. I Really liked The Last House on the Left I owned It and I give It 4 out of 5 stars and I Rate It NOT FOR KIDS. Good Film.
Adult Written bychristian2011 November 14, 2011

A very well put together horror film, but adults should only see this.

It's mainly about a wife and husband who's teenage daughter is raped and beaten, including her friend whom is brutally killed by the three prisoner escapees. Then, the parents find their daughter who is told that she was viciously beaten and raped, which puts them at a desperate struggle to find the attempted killer. There is alot of graphic and brutal violence in this film, including the scene where one girl is graphically stabbed multiple times in the abdomen, and the other is raped by one of the three prisoners; one girl tries to escape by swimming in the river that goes up to her parents house, but is shot in the back in the process, but survives; one guy's hand is put in the garbage disposal which his hand is blooded and flesh on it is torn apart; a naked woman is shot in the head and blood splatters on the wall behind her; a guy is tortured by putting his head in a microwave and graphically explodes, with brain matter bursting out. Due to the extreme violent nature in this film, there is ALOT of very strong and vulgar profanity, mostly aimed at the two teenage girls (f**k, c**t, b*tch). The killers are heavy smokers and drinkers.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byjacob545 June 29, 2010
i think this movie is great for the more older generation
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 29, 2009

Wes.... you did it again!

good! but not as inappropiate as the original!
Parent Written byMelanie Williams September 26, 2012

Not For Children

The Last House On the Left is a great film but does consist of very horrific events. Such as sexual assault, blood and gore and the terrifying truth that events such as these do happen in today's economy. It is definitely not a film for children, I have learnt that the hard way from letting my 15 year old daughter view the movie, and as a result she was quite disturbed by the occurrences in the film. But If you are an adult and enjoy a good horror/slasher movie this one really leaves you hanging off the edge of your seat!
Adult Written byoxana August 23, 2011

Great movie, and the parents didn't plan to kill them, it happened when they were looking for the boat keys!

This movie I really like, of course it isn't for kids, but I think it is suitable for 16 year olds and higher, why? because this doesn't show what already in high school people see and know, drugs, drinking, and violence(well ofcourse not this kind of violence like in the movie). People say the parents weren't role models because they should've just left straight to the hospital....Did anyone saw the movie??? they were looking for the keys but then one of the bad guys come in, hoping you will get lucky with the victim's mother. The father was also looking for the keys, but when he saw the tools he just had an instinct to grab it, but it wasn't like he was going to go and kill them, but then he saw his wife and well he went for it...and don't forget, they lost there son, and the fact that there only child almost died probably scared them! plus the bad guys saw the girl, so what should they do? obvouisly if they didn't kill them they would've killed them instead. What else are they suppose to do? they dont have a gun, and the bad guys do...I must add Monica did great in this movie, and so did Tony, and Sara!!! I never expected Sara to play in this movie so good since she played in a disney movie. By the way the rape scene wasn't that bad, I mean it wasn't something pretty to watch, but I didn't have problems watching it because I saw how they interviewed the actors and Sara explained how she was wearing a nude suit when she was acting in the rape scene, so after I saw the interview it wasn't that bad...P.S and don't forget the parents let the boy live!
Adult Written byNICKYNICK67 April 9, 2011
I am a fifteen year old, and I honestly can say that I love this movie, however I will say it's definately not a good movie for those who can't handle gore or feel uncomfortable with a rape scene in a movie. I think it's up to the parents. If I was a father right now I wouldn't have a problem with my kids watching it as long as they're mature and can handle it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydb1250 January 25, 2011

graphic

I thought this movie had a pretty graphic rape scene not as bad as I spit on your grave though
Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 3, 2010

not for kids.

the last house on the left is a very disturbing movie that's not for kids at all this movie is only for adults the violence is brutal, bloody and intense and there's one graphic rape sex scene that's very disturbing and hard to watch and there's nudity shown character's used constant strong language like crazy and character's drink and smoke such as marijuana, beer, wine, and hard liquor.
Parent of a 7, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byCandylover789 October 1, 2009

This Movie Isn't That Brutal And Should Not Be Seen If Your Under 15 Years Old

This Movie Has Very Strong Language And Bloody Violence. Some Parts Are Brutal And Gory. This Movie Is More Gory Then Freddy Vs Jason And Watchmen.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bymasequeradebeauty August 20, 2009