All member reviews for The Last House on the Left

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydb1250 January 25, 2011

graphic

I thought this movie had a pretty graphic rape scene not as bad as I spit on your grave though
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek August 12, 2013

Amazing

Parents, even though this movie is rated R, it doesn't mean it is for older teens. It is only for kids over the age of 17, due to strong graphic violence and sex including a rape. Violence includes graphic stabbings, horrid shootings, a prolonged disturbing cinematic rape scene, a Nan's head being blown up in an active microwave, a character's arm shoved down a running sink disposal, car crashes, and constant depictions of suffering and brutality. Sex includes some graphic nudity (a glimpse of female genitals, bare breasts and bare buttocks), a rape scene, and all sexual activity is related with violence. Language includes frequent use of f--k, d--k, s--t, c--t, motherf---er, b-tch, and much more. In the end, this movie is well made, with good acting performances and harrowing intensity, but the rape and revenge themes make it for adults only. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated R For Bloody Images, Sadistic Violence, Strong Sexuality, Drug Use, Pervasive Languge & Brief Graphic Nudity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 January 25, 2013

The Last House on the Left

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 1, 2011

excellent climax,dissapointing plot-just fine

Ok,csm,let's face it,probably the rape scene was inappropriate and the ending was bad.but ,not for kids?you are joking.at least give it a on for 14!!!this isnt as bad as what you described it to be!!!!!!!!you definitely havent seen irreversible(yes,irreversible the one where the woman gets raped in a unflinching,otherwise painful manner for 9 minutes) .go watch irreversible and tell me whether this is bad.this is quite dissapointing,but the climax pretty much makes up for all of it.go watch the 1972 one its tons better.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 7, 2011

OMG SO INAPPROPRIATE!

I went into this movie expecting scary stuff but this movie was so over the top it is not for kids at all!!! Lots of rape and brutal violence
Teen, 14 years old Written bydvdemille March 18, 2011

awesome movie and a lot better than the old version
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

SCARY ENTERTAINING VIOLENCE CURSING TO THE MAX MOVIE

read my title. i watched this at a freinds at 3 in the morning this is how horror movies should be made nowadays but very innapropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

not for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 August 19, 2010

i would of done things more brutal and bloody ! i like it though
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrando804 July 27, 2010

Extremely brutal and disturbing, but very good and well made.

Although some of it is very hard to watch, The Last House on the Left is very well made and acted with a plot that contains somewhat of a cautionary message about who you should trust. I also like the "what goes around comes around" karma message behind it all. One of the best horror/terror films of the year, if not the decade.
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallgood July 20, 2010

Incredibly graphic and intense

A pretty good movie, mainly because of shock value and how intense it was. I didn't think the violence would go as far as it did, which made for total shock. Some notable scenes were; A girl gets raped, A man gets his arm shredded in a garbage disposal, a mans head explodes in a microwave, a girl gets stabbed to death very graphically. I wouldn't reccomend this movie for anyone younger than 16, very very graphic and bloody.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2010

Perfect for 13 and older.

Although young viewers might be offended by the long rape scene, and intense violence, this movie was amazing, and even though it had no real message, it is a great movie. There really are no good role models in this film, (rapist, and parents that will brutally torture the rapist.) One brutal scene with a hammer....) topless females shown, strong language, and disgusting bloody violence. The father is a doctor, and many surgeries are shown in graphic detail. After the girl is raped, she smashes the rapist in the head with a rock, and runs, then he shoots her while she is swimming away. (This scene is disgustingly realistic, as blood pours from her wound into the lake.) Overall it was an amazing movie, and even at some parts very sad. I loved it! (Oh and by the way, sorry for the confusing reviews from miles5501, thats my old account. Please ignore those posts.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles5501 July 17, 2010

Amazing.

This movie was very graphic, but well made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJessxx22 July 9, 2010

Great movie/plot with disturbing scenes; not suitable for kids

Im only 14 and i was greatly disturbed by the rape scene in this movie. My parents had no idea how graphic and disturbing the movie was. I fast forwarded through the rape scene finding it too hard to watch. But the movie was good, i have to admit. I love scary movies and the blood in the movie did not bother me. Overall; great movie, with disturbing scenes and i agree that it is not appropriate in any way for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvmyipod November 13, 2009

Gross

This movie is a little extreme. First of all, there is only one house in the whole movie, so how can it be the last house on the left? And was it eve on the left at all? Next the whole rapping scene was wayyyyy to much. No one should have to watch that. Parents don't let your kids watch this. Espically your daughters if their younger than 13, maybe even 14. It's actually rather stupid. The end is pretty awesome though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygrayuzi October 18, 2009

Violent, but Amazing!

This was a great movie, if you like horror, this a must see! Not for kids at all though. Also, there are posative messages, like loving your family.
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2009

perfect for mature 12 year olds

love it theres a rape but it blocks out nudity
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorrorAdvisor July 14, 2009