All member reviews for The Last Lions

Visually stunning nature docu has some upsetting scenes.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 October 19, 2012

last lions

Families can talk about the proverbial circle of life. How did the lioness' trials and losses affect you? Was it too upsetting to see animals -- at times cubs -- turn up missing or killed? Did the narration over-dramatize the action? Is it OK to assume that wild animals have human-like traits and emotions? Talk about the movie's overwhelming call to action to help save the lions of Africa. Why is it so important? Is it clear after watching the movie how people can help?
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 14, 2012

I love this movie...but very sad

I love animals...but little did I know that this was a documentary where lions eat other animals, and die! Sooooo sad! Amazing visuals though, and I guess i should just suck it up, cause it's human nature.....huhhh
Teen, 15 years old Written byComedyKing December 30, 2011

It's a good educational movie

This movie has alot of educational value to kinda teach us what Lion prides do and it also teaches us to never give up hope for your kids. There are positive messages to support dying lions. There is one positive role model which is the main lioness who is trying to defend her cubs and make sure they survive. There are some scary moments were a lioness pride and their male leader wants to go kill the main lioness. There are a few scary moments were the lioness' mate dies after he was murdered by the lioness pride and where one of her cubs gets eaten by an alligator after being chased through the lake by the pride but we don't actually see it getting eaten. There is also a scary moment where she encounters a pack of hyenas which might worry the viewers. Only one cub survives and he grows up to be a sucsceful lion. In conclusion, The Last Lions is pretty depressing during the death sences and the scences where the mate dies. But it's still a fun movie that teaches us alot about Lion life. So, I'd say it's okay for atleast 10 year old kids to watch.