All teen and kid member reviews for The Last of the Mohicans

Teen, 15 years old Written byNahil June 27, 2012

Not as bad as people are making it sound.

I think I saw an edited version of this movie on Netflix, because the content is not bad at all. Most PG-13 movies, maybe some PG, have more violence and language then this movie does. The extent of the violence was the BRIEFEST scalping scene you will ever see, a man holding up heart, and the very beginnings of a man burned alive. Besides that there is shooting and some dead bodies. The language is rare and there is no sexuality. If your child's mature enough, I would even have a nine year old watch it with his parents. If not then I would say about 11 years old by himself. Hope this was helpful!
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2010

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This is the best movie in the world. I think so because i have always been interested in history but it was a good movie. If you are thinking about letting a child see it, i think that you might want to see if he or she is mature enough. There are many battles containing gun shooting, 1 scalping, (that you see) many hand-to-hand battles with tomahawks and various clubs. There is one bloody scene that shows an indian cutting out a british officer's heart out, But the only thing that you see is his leg twitching and then the indian holding the heart in the air. Other then that its pretty good, one sexy part when the frontiers man and a british officer's daughter but it wasnt that bad no nudity nothting... Well i hope this review helped those wanting to see if last of the mohicans was good for them selves or their child.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycountrygurl9237 March 8, 2009

this is a crazy movie

i think it was an ok movie just a little weird, but it was something to learn from.
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2009

WOW!!!

Excellent movie!!!! The battle scenes are pretty violent but I think teens can handle it. Probably better or 13. And up
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 July 11, 2015

Mohicans

This movie was not that violent there were only two very bloody scenes one where an Indian takes out a man's heart and one where an Indian is brutally killed with a stick and a small axe. Other than those scenes the movie was not to bloody. I did not enjoy this movie too much.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie July 30, 2014

Although the movie was violent it was great

The movie The Last of the Mochicans was great. It featured repetitive action which kept my interest up. Age wise the movie was very violent, which included lots of blood and gun fights. There is a little sex but nothing major.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShamefulEnglishman January 19, 2013

An enjoyable movie, with lots of gore.

I first watched this when I was around 9/10, even then the brutal violence did not bother me, however I recently showed the climatic duel to two of my friends (aged 14 & 16) and they both found the gore to be rather disturbing (and they watch violent movies such as Resident Evil). Some noticeable disturbing scenes include; include a man's heart cut out (off screen, but still pretty harrowing), a man being burnt alive, scalping on numerous occasions, a young girl jumping to her death and graphic wounds during battles. This is best for people who are not easily disturbed by blood and gore.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 November 3, 2012

masterful drama about the frecnh and indian war is brutal, violent

this grand, epic drama about the french and indian war does not deserve the R rating. the violence here is bloodless and not graphic. this film should get a PG-13. although there are some scenes of sometimes brutal action, this adventure is ok for older teens. as i said above, the violence is bloodless and not graphic, but there are several scenes of fighting, with beatings, clubbings, slicing, throat slittings, stabbing, shooting and fist fighting. a man is imoaled with a rifle, a man rips out another mans heart, (which is shown offscreen but we see the aftermath) and a supporting character gets tossed off a cliff. there is also a suicide.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShamester123 April 30, 2012

OK for 13 year olds

This is a great movie. I am 13 and I watched it a few months back. There is some moments of intense violence, but if your that does not effect your kid he/she should be able to watch the movie with no problems.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTodd Hewitt November 22, 2011

Intense, but good

Intense and violent, but it helps a lot with understanding the french and indian war. I'm in ninth grade and we're learning about it now, and my history teacher recommended this movie. But not for little kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStop animal abu... January 13, 2011

Good for older kids, but not Tweens

I thought this movie was great! Good movie for really knowing how people back then really died brutally. A lot of violence, especially with the scalping and a heart being cut out. It may be disturbing. But over all I thought it was great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKate R October 5, 2010

Talk about violoence

Violent,watched it in American History. I looked away most of the movie. Lots of gore but it shows the reality, people die brutal deaths.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

Well my babysitter told me about this movie. She watched this movie in fifth grade.
Teen, 13 years old Written byspystart May 21, 2010

not a good ,movie for kids

the violance is horrific one mans head is choped off infront of his daughter. A man is stabed and then has his hart cut out an get eaten by a native. A man is scalped tortured and then burned at a steak in vivid deatail The story ends with every one dead but 2 people. people die du to shrapnel in a fort invasion. This movie is definitly violont
Teen, 13 years old Written byNickD531 January 1, 2009

OK

This film is OK but not excellent. The battle scenes are bloody but not graphic, and teenagers should be able to deal with this film.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolo April 9, 2008