All member reviews for The Last Song

Sweet Miley Cyrus drama depicts first love, family troubles.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycatwiz97 April 3, 2010

LOVED IT!! (: I read the book, and it made me cry :'( but books have to be very powerful to make you feel so strongly that you cry, and the person that I went to the movie with cried too!! It was really good and other than maybe...2 bad words, it was great.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byOhioParent June 18, 2010

I try to preview what my daughters watch. This movie was actually very good. I believe that this movie is very powerful in both its messages about love and death. That is why I don't recommend it for under 13 as the manner in which these topics are handled may be too much for 12 and under. I would like my kids to not have to try to understand grown up topics before they need to.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySage_U December 14, 2010

Awesome Movie! Very beautiful story made into a very beautiful movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGirlWithABlueHat September 6, 2010

great for everyone.

Great Movie. It teaches you that family comes first. Sad, and heart-touching. This movie was all about the love.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykkmovie August 19, 2010

I thought it was a nice movie. Not really a kid movie. It was very serious and sad. I would recommend seeing it though.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byTlmcin2 August 19, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byrandonheaton April 27, 2010

Miley shines

Very for a miley cyrus movie. No bad material
Teen, 13 years old Written bybbrriitttaaannnyy April 13, 2010

Parent of a 13 and 14 year old Written bykhopper April 4, 2010

Althought there are things that happen in the movie that I would not want my kids to do. I have raised them to right from wrong. They its only a movie. They are mature enough that just beacause they see something in a movie does not mean they imatate those actions. The characters in the movie grow. There are several possitive messages. Miley Cyrus did a good job. I was pleasently surprised. As you get in into the movie you see the characture she plays not Miley Cyrus. To me that means she did a good job.
Adult Written bylorlinhail April 1, 2010

Some role models are bad but they tend to get themselves together in the end. Main character is a bad attitude teen who turns around to be a wonderful role model. Some adult emotional things, divorce and parent dying are extremely tearful and could be tough on younger kids. Also some younger kids would be bored of this. Not a fun type of kid movie, more for 13 and up.
Educator and Parent Written byNast101 June 7, 2015

Okay skipping the fact that Miley's clothing in some scenes is a little bit skimpy, I would say that this is probably the best modern romance I have ever scene. Its also a movie about family and forgiveness. I really love how this movie is not all about "sex" and how Ronnie changes from this really hardened brat to this gorgeous passionate soul. It will make you smile big and make you cry too! But watch it because love melts ice.
Adult Written bycommonsensegal September 25, 2013

Miley is hot=]

Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2013

Good role model movie

This movie is great for anyone to see, because of it's great messages about hope, love, and dealing with family troubles. Sex isn't an issue, some kissing, one girl is shown literally tossed on to the street by her horrible boyfriend, showing that she might have been in an abusive relationship. Some fist fights are shown. but no one gets seriously injured. Ronnie's father dies at the end of the movie, which might make some viewers sad. Some mild language for a PG movie, uses of hell and one use of b***h. Otherwise, this movie is ok for tweens :) I hope this helped :)
Kid, 10 years old June 23, 2013

good for kids 10 and up

the movie was very interesting but there was a lot of passionate kissing, i watched the movie at the age of 10.I think that kids ten and up should be the ones to watch the movie no age below ten
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2013

Amazing movie

When I first saw this movie, I loved it. It is an amazing movie. This movie can show people what it's like for other people sometimes. People will see the way people look and judge them automatically without knowing their personality. In this movie Ronnie may not look at all so great but she does have a good heart and can care for others as you see in a scene where she tries to save little sea turtle eggs. This movie is wonderful!
Teen, 13 years old Written bychriistinaxoxo March 19, 2013

VERY GOOD(:

i really liked this movie, it had such a great story to it. Some sad parts, but for the most part it was a love story and very good(: there are positive messages throughout the movie, and very very little swearing, overall i think this should be for kids 12 and older, and its worth watching!
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

Good but Sad

I liked this movie and i watched it at a sleepover and i think it is a perfect sleepover movie for girls. It is pretty sad and there are a few kisses but other than that i like this movie.
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2013

The Last Song

I think that this movie is actually really good:)
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2013

Love it!

A really great movie. and honestly there is nothing wrong with it. There are SOME passionate kissing scenes and i think the main actress does say the B word and the S word once. Otherwise definitely a great tear-jerker!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 December 6, 2012

the last song

you of your experiences or your friends' experiences? Tweens and teens: Do you see Miley Cyrus as a role model? Why or why not? Do you think celebrities make good role models? Do you have any real-life role models -- like family members, friends, or teachers? Do you real-life role models have more or less influence over your thoughts and decisions compared to celebs? Is the film’s depiction of first (true) love realistic? How does it change Ronnie?