All member reviews for The Last Song

Sweet Miley Cyrus drama depicts first love, family troubles.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycatwiz97 April 3, 2010

LOVED IT!! (: I read the book, and it made me cry :'( but books have to be very powerful to make you feel so strongly that you cry, and the person that I went to the movie with cried too!! It was really good and other than maybe...2 bad words, it was great.
Parent of a 13 and 14 year old Written bykhopper April 4, 2010

Althought there are things that happen in the movie that I would not want my kids to do. I have raised them to right from wrong. They its only a movie. They are mature enough that just beacause they see something in a movie does not mean they imatate those actions. The characters in the movie grow. There are several possitive messages. Miley Cyrus did a good job. I was pleasently surprised. As you get in into the movie you see the characture she plays not Miley Cyrus. To me that means she did a good job.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykittykoo April 3, 2010

Luv it

I just saw it today with my mum... it was sooooo sad, if you do go see it bring tissues cause i was cry for about half the film :) lol um miley is surpisingly good in this!!!!!! heart warming movie......... go see it!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2011

Cool

I thought this movie was okay. I saw it when I was about 10 and I liked it. It is a little violent but I think it's not bad at all. It is rated PG though so I think it's really fine for kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylilly117 April 4, 2010

Can't Miss, Positive, Gotta Luv It Film!!

The "love conquers all", heart-warming story will make you consider the concept of love at first sight. Not only does the movie leave tears in your eyes, but it plants a positive message in a child's mind. Awesome for teens like me and early to later tweens!! (Some young children may also see the movie, but due to the mild violence and flirty talk, PG certainly states the point of mind.) The Last Song, being as great as it is, does have its flaws. Violence dominates a part of the film. LOVE THIS MOVIE!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybbrriitttaaannnyy April 13, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byilovedonaldduckck93 April 5, 2010

It was a great movie...MIley did a great job acting in her on screen "wig free" debut When i went to go see this movie with my friend i was also making sure that it was appropiate for my 8 and 11 year old sisters and my conclusion is that a definit NO for my 8 year old sister and for my 11 year old sister this is the line...like this is her next step before she can start watching Romantic movies the innapropiatness in this movie is about the same as a cinderella story, what a girl wants, and raise your voice
Parent of a 12 year old Written bykrista1 April 20, 2010

good for tweens! 12/13 up

alot of teenage kissing! ha the boyfriend has his shirt off alot! but all movies do now. very good messages for teens/preteeen! shows how chooising wrong boyfriends, deals with death, parents divorce,teen rebel turning around, shop lifting isnt good! positive messages!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovielover1000 August 14, 2010

Great plot, but emotional.

The Last Song is one of my favorites! I read the book and usually a movie isn't comparable with a book, but this time it was different. There were some truly emotional parts in this movie with convincing acting. I recommend watching it.
Adult Written bysmoothmoves97 April 17, 2010

Love this!

May not be appropriate for tweens. There is entirely too much kissing for my taste and the more sensitive viewers may not like it because of an unexpected twist, which I won't reveal. The Last Song is a powerful movie. Few movies celebrate REAL music, not rap or pop, but the instruments on which actual music was founded. I did think it was a bit unrealistic that Ronnie got accepted into that prestigious of a music school - she didn't even apply. If she did the movie didn't say it. There is a lot of crying, a lot of kissing, a lot of hugging. One violent scene. One scene shows Will and Ronnie hosing off after a mud fight. Ronnie stuffs some padding down a dress she tries on. Overall I would recommend this for 12 or 13.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCrossgirl1995 May 10, 2010

Not a Disney movie for Tweens. Teens only.

I thought the movie was good but not appropriate for Tweens. I think the ideas of the movie were way too old for people under the age of 14 the movie contains a lot of passionate kissing and teen drinking and the ending is way too depressing for young people to understand.
Adult Written bylorlinhail April 1, 2010

Some role models are bad but they tend to get themselves together in the end. Main character is a bad attitude teen who turns around to be a wonderful role model. Some adult emotional things, divorce and parent dying are extremely tearful and could be tough on younger kids. Also some younger kids would be bored of this. Not a fun type of kid movie, more for 13 and up.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byngdord April 4, 2010

Not for the Hannah Montana audience.

I previewed it for my 8 & 10 y.o. girls. It was a good movie, but not for kids under 13 y.o. One of the boys (supporting role) was drunk, drinking, obnoxious, made advances to someone other than his girlfriend, and was physically abusive to his girlfriend. Also, Miley's new friend talked about "living with her boyfriend. Also, passionate kissing, 17 y.o. dating sequences, etc. were more mature storylines than young tweens should see, in my opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysunnysideup7685 October 15, 2010

Not the Hannah Montana Movie At ALL

This is certainly not for the young fans of Hannah Montana. This movie deals with a lot of heavy issues and at points seems to get happier, but really only gets worse as the movie progresses. The movie was only adverstised to be about Ronnie and a boy she meets named Will, but is about so much more. Ronnie has been arrested for shoplifting and not made good choices. Ove the summer her mom brings her and her brother to stay at their dad's. Little do they know that their dad, who is called an arson because he is suspected of burning down the town's old church, is dieing from cancer. In the movie there are teens that drink, very passionate kissing, one girl is in an abusive relationship, some mild swearing, and teenage drinking. While the stories message is good because Ronnie manages to turn her life around. The movie is very deep and younger girls will not only not understand the message it will most likely upset them because it is very sad. I recommend that older girls defenitely watch it though because the movie does have very a good message and will leave you with a very deep feeling at the end.
Teen, 14 years old Written by1twilightfans.com April 3, 2010

LOVED IT!

LOVED IT!!havent seen the movie yet but the book was the best it made me cry going to see the movie xD gives a pretty good message is mostly about 4giveness and ronnies a great role model!!
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2010

heheee when i saw the last song,, it was soo sad and cool! i was crying when ronnie's father died. it was so sad how the brother cried. :'(
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2010

miley cyrus stars in excellent drama about love, music, and loss........

When i first sya the last song i was amazed at how good it was but i was also surprised at how sad and vilont it was at times. But still it was pritty good and i recomend it to everyone 11 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byLaMaier June 25, 2010

The Last Song...

I loved this movie, but the book was even better! Other than Marcus, there's nothing THAT bad about this for 10 year olds. I only said Drinking/Drugs because of Marcus, but that is not horrible either! We need to cut kids some slack and remember what we watched when we were little
Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2010

The Last Song Movie Review :) :) :) (through the eyes of a twelve year old)

If some of you are on the fence about seeing The Last Song here's a review. *Storyline* Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) hasn't touch the piano since her parents' divorce. Her grades are failing and has no friends with positive influences. Ronnie's mom ships her and her little brother Jonah, off to their Dad's for the summer. Ronnie holds a grudge against him and refuses to speak to him unless she's criticizing or yelling at him. At a beach carnival she meets "Blaze" another girl like her that is equally bad and that ran from home and lives with her boyfriend Marcus. She also meets Will Blakelee who immediatley hits on her. Ronnie is not interested. Later when Ronnie comes home she finds baby sea turtles. She calls some nature place and when someone comes its Will Blakelee. This is where their love relationship starts. *Iffy Scenes* "Blaze" and Marcus are seen drinking and kissing obsessively. They are groping each other obsessively. "Blaze" goes to get Marcus a beer and Marcus tries to hit on Ronnie big time. Ronnie responds, and I qoute "Don't ever touch me again." she leaves. Will and Ronnie kiss very passionately. Ronnie wears bra showing shirts and stuffs padding down her dress. They swear a few times and take the Lord's name in vain. *Violence* Marcus tells "Blaze" qoute "You don't leave until I say you can" he grabs her to keep her from walking away. Will comes to help, Marcus comes with a crowbar and says, "I don't want you ("Blaze") anymore I want her (Ronnie)." Will comes at Marcus and punches him 5 times violently. I thought it was a very heartfelt movie. It is not for under 12!!! I would say 12-13+. Nicholas Sparks is the producer if you remember The Notebook and Dear John those were both by him. I spared you from the ending. If you are going to see it in theatres bring Kleenex!!! :) :) :) It's very sad, but my favorite movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic April 17, 2010

I went to see this movie on Friday with my friend and I gotta say it was surprisingly sad!! It made me cry a little in the movies! Though it is sad, it's perfect for tweens! There is hardly any bad language, the worst word is b****, and suck, there is no sexual content, the worst it gets is passionate kissing, the worst violence is when a guy beats up another guy and leaves him with a bloody nose, and the worst in consumerism is that theres a scene with fancy cars and a Mercedes-Benz is visible. Overall, great movie! It will leave you sad at the end though!