All member reviews for The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou

Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

disgusting

i saw this at school and was disgusted. the f word is repeated way to many times. it's like the characters don't know any other words english vocab. an older man (really old) is shown desiring younger woman (a lot younger). my freind and i almost puked
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Peter May 26, 2014

Main Reviewer:

How is a "sex" point added just because a character is bisexual. If you can't deal with your kids witnessing such horrors of the modern world, than maybe you shouldn't be allowed to choose your your opinion as the best choice for anything. I'm not one ti discount anyone else's views of the world, but I can sure as hell disagree.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCMoreMovies February 26, 2014

Completely Superb

As with all Wes Anderson films, The Life Aquatic has a quirky and interesting tone to it. As a child of 14 I found it completely enjoyable and not at all offensive! All of the sexual content that is in this movie is in a non-sexual way. This just meaning that none of the characters become intimate. Really the only reason this movie is R (in my opinion) is because of the two instances of the F word.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats February 13, 2014

The Deeper You Go, the Weirder Life Gets

"The Life Aquatic" is one of my favorites from Wes Anderson. It's visuals are beautiful and the use of stop-motion is genius. It adds to this dreamy, other-worldly element that the film has going for it. "The Life Aquatic" is not only a blast but it explores human relationships to a large extent. It's a great movie tame despite its R rating. There are only a few f-words and milder profanities and brief topless nudity twice. There is some brief violence but it's very tame and done in a comedic manner. B+.