All member reviews for The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

Romeo and Juliet in the pridelands.

Adult Written bykcmorg April 9, 2008

A Very Dark Film...

I was very disappointed in this sequal to "Lion King". This movie was dark, and very violent. I cant even count the number of times that these lions were told to "kill". The whole movie was dark and depressing. Don't waste your time on this one for the kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byletsglompJareth! April 30, 2012

Lion King 2 :Disney's pride.

More beautiful , wonderful and better scored than any Disney sequel [even my other fave peter pan return to neverland] and even in some respects better than the original. Fans of the original; disappointment does most definitely NOT await. One BIG but though; Timon and Pumba are completely annoying and for the most part pointless in this one.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2011

Nice!!

I have no BIG pointers, but it's really twisted version of Romeo and Juliet. I thought this was a smidge better than the first, but I liked the first's soundtrack MUCH MUCH more! Kiara is a great role model for believing and knowing the Kovu is good. And Simba is a bit too insane in this one... (not really)
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

Love the 2nd movie,though I think they should make a third.

They should make a third Lion King.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKevint2010 October 7, 2010

Surprised at how good it actually was

The lion king is my all time favorite movie so I was a little weary when this movie was announced (after seeing lots of horrible sequels to disney classics). When I found out that it was going to be direct-to-video, I was completely put off, but for some reason I bought the movie the day it came out... ...and I loved it... ....fans of the original lion king will be satisfied by this worthy sequel as it continues the saga of Simba through her daughter Kiara. Her love for Kovu was extremely touching, definitely one of my favorite movie couple ever. But to be frank, there are some points in the movie that needs work. The music by itself is great but when compared to the first lion king, is an absolute letdown. For me only 3 songs are really good and memorable: "He lives in you", "We are one", and "Love will find a way". "Upendi" is great, "My lullaby" isn't bad, but not good either, while "One of us" was definitely the worst of the lot, I would always skip that scene whenever I watch it. But even though the music seems to have been rushed, the movie is still memorable and is definitely a worthy sequel to the lion king. Anyone who has watched the first shouldn't miss this great sequel.

This is a Good Sequel

I love this movie, although it is not as good as the original.
Kid, 9 years old August 7, 2015

Pretty good

This movie was pretty good. I thought I would hate Kovu, but I actually liked him. Simba is a dad and the king of Pride Rock, and I loved him just the same as I did in the original. Even though "We Are One" is drab and awful. As for "My Lullaby", whatever happened to "Be Prepared"? The love ballad, "Love Will Find A Way", is gorgeous. "One of Us" will get stuck in you're head all day, not that that's a bad thing, and to top it all off, "He Lives In You". That song is SO POWERFUL AND AMAZING!! It's better than "Circle Of Life". "Upendi" is cool too. Rafiki remains my favorite character. Zazu is in it some, but other than that, he is missed. Kiara is a great princess, and Nala isn't in there much, but she's in there. So anyway, it's great, but it's no original.
Parent Written byAnimeMama June 4, 2013

AMAZING!!!!

i think that this is the most amazing Disney movie ever it is defiantly my fav. i love i sooo much i have watched it like a hundred times im 18 and i still watch it and cry lol its just soo heart worming and touching
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

Touching And Heartwarming

Disney gave a great sequel to the lion king! LOVED it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLillyTheGrayWolf March 16, 2012

eh....

Not the best,but cute
Teen, 15 years old Written byMarvinMartian February 18, 2012

Lion King 2

Not as good as the 1st movie. Still great to watch. Nothing that could disturb any child. I don't class kissing and cuddling as sex issues. Adults do it with there kids, so movies fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 23, 2010

Could be better

I like it a little, really i do. But they need to work harder on their sequels! I don't like Kiara's attitude at everything, always mouthing off and refusing to understand. Simba is differen't, he seems more stricked and it loses his point of his character. The 'villan' characters are interesting though. Like Zera ( not the BEST motherly figure - haha ) But I especially love the three siblings Kovu, Nuka, and Vitani. They made the movie funny like how Vitani and Nuka argue. But if they made it less sappy it would be easy to get through. Why do they always make the second movies sappy? Well, almost always. Oh, there WAS this discusting saying "Lets run away together and start a pride 'all' our own" - think about it. Although it could just be my perverted teenage mind that could be blocking good judgement.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2016

It's okay.

This one wasn't as good as The Lion King, just a movie where you could sit down in front of the tv and watch with your kids. Just explain to them about the violence and that its only a movie, if that is a concern.
Adult Written byOliviaReviewsIt September 15, 2015

Lion King Sequel is Good-and I'm Not Lion!

While this movie may not be quite as good as its predecessor, it is nevertheless an outstanding follow-up and possibly Disney’s best movie sequel ever. Simba is now king of Pride Rock, and father to Princess Kiara – a young cub with a thirst for action, much like Simba when he was young. However, it does not take long for two worlds to clash-as the young Kovu, a male lion cub chosen by Scar to become king in his place-works his way into the Pride lands from the outside to do the dirty work of his master, Zira. Though the plot is pretty easy to follow, the songs are fantastic and it is very light-hearted and fun. There are a few scenes, which may be frightening to some children, but not quite as much as the first one. There is some mild violence: Zira swipes Kovu in the face, giving him a scar (just like Scar’s from the Lion King 1) and there is a song where Zira sings about killing Simba and wiping out his pride. Overall, the actual violence level is very mild. Simba has a nightmare in which he relives Mufasa’s death only to find Scar replaced by Kovu and he in his father’s place. I would give this movie an on for ages 9 and up-it is funny, lighthearted, and shows true love which goes against all odds.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015
Teen, 14 years old Written byanimateddisneyfan July 6, 2015

Thank goodness for a good Disney sequel!

WARNING SPOILER ALERT!!!! I think this is one of the best Disney sequels because it has good animation and the story has a good villain. Some not so great sequels are The Hunchback of Notre dame 2 (which in fact has the worst animation ever) and Lady and the Tramp 2 . Something else I like about this movie is the story and the characters for example: Kovu is strong and eventually learns that his mother Zira is making bad choices and that he doesn't want to be apart of the plan to hurt Simba anymore. Zira is a evil female villain who has a serious grudge against Simba and wants to kill him. And finally Kira who is Simba's daughter and is sometimes whinny and has attitude but she really wants to be independent and her and Kovu fall in love and saves everyone at the end of the movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

POW!BANG!ZOCKO!

Your wondering why the title is called POW!BANG!ZOCKO!,because they beat up simba too much(don't worry,he survives),not for a kid who's favorite Disney character is simba.
Teen, 17 years old Written byZoocreature345 May 19, 2014

A direct-to-video sequel that's surprisingly very good.

This is a direct-to-video sequel to The Lion King. Usually, these kind of sequels would suck, but, in this case, this is a very good film. I'm actually relieved that this was a good film, because I'm such a big fan of the original. This time, the protagonist is Simba's daughter, Kiara (that does seem to be a bit of the custom with most direct-to-video Disney sequels). Rather than just rehash the story from the first movie, they actually decide to continue the story like a good sequel should. It takes different approaches than the first movie did. For example, while Simba was all "Oh, I just can't wait to be king!", Kiara doesn't want to be queen at all. The songs are also very good in this. It's like Elton John and Tim Rice returned to do the songs in this. The animation in this movie is pretty good, though, since it is on a direct-to-video budget, the animation is nowhere near as good. This movie is said to be based off Romeo and Juliet, but I really don't see it except for the very basics. Even though this is a good film, I still say that the original lion king is the superior movie. But as is, this movie is decent. I'm glad i saw it. i might even see it a few more times. Despite its flaws, this is an overall very good film. If you liked the first movie, you'll probably like this one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBugie78 July 30, 2012

"He lives in you"

Great movie, some vilonts not too much, and love this sequel. And love the animation.
Parent Written byKorra Lin July 5, 2012

The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride?

The Lion King, being well on its way to becoming a classic, is hard to top in a sequel. However, Simba's Pride is less dark and does not have the excessively conniving plot of Scar, which is great for a younger audience. Looking back on the original movie, Scar is a master murder to gain power. Zira, Scar's temporary successor, is not as brutal as Scar (also great for a younger audience), she just has a skewed view of thinking. (Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is a good lion) Kovu and Kiara meat in the beginning of the movie, it is a forbidden friendship from the beginning, but has a cute Romeo and Juliet twist that the kids will love. On top of that, the songs are just as catchy as the original movie's Over all it has a nice positive message: "We are one". As Kiara points out: "them? us? they are us". Her view can be seen as an easily approachable introduction racial discrimination and overall discrimination. Yes, the outsiders look different, but they are still lions. All in all, it was a good sequel, and the circle of life lives on for another generation of The Lion KIng.