All member reviews for The Lone Ranger

Kid, 8 years old May 23, 2015

Disappointing action thriller has lots of gore, and extreme violence.

My rating R: strong gory violence, and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher April 21, 2015

Pretty good

I really enjoyed this movie but I would hesitate to bring anyone under 12 to see it. There are some sexual references and flirty behavior as well as one scene where a young woman is nearly raped (this all happens in a "sin house") but most that could fly right over their head. There is some slightly inappropriate dress and overall it's a little too much. The violence is intense and graphic, including some disturbing, bloody scenes. There isn't a lot of language but h*ll is overused. If intense action is your thing, I recommend this. I would suggest that parents watch first if they are under 12.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2015

So Amazing!

This movie is so awesome and amazing I don't know why it received such bad reviews. I don't think there is more violence then the hobbit though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJocastaTheWeird March 21, 2015

Nearly as fun as Pirates of the Caribbean

Basically the wild west version of PotC. It actually has a bit less iffy stuff than PotC, though, especially if you count all four movies. Has all the same sorts of iffy stuff that PotC does, so I don't feel as though I need to list all that?* It's funny, though, with likable (and despicable) characters, and it's pretty historically accurate, as near as I can tell. It doesn't ignore the horrible injustices done to the Amerindians. What I mean is, it doesn't make them the bad guys; it doesn't make them into just "savages." They're portrayed well. Oh, but watch out for the bit o' cannibalism (from a white man.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew February 12, 2015

Seedy looking but laughably violent and long

My rating: PG-13 for intense western violence throughout
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Occasional thrills in overlong movie make it somewhat good

Violence- 4 (Pistols, Explosions a man pulls anothers heart out and eats it)
Kid, 10 years old September 30, 2014

it's ok.

this movie is nice and cool to watch but it is long and slow
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 5, 2014

Ugh, dissapointing

Worst Disney movie ever, no one should watch this, horrible. To much guns and totally boring. Don't watch with family.
Kid, 11 years old August 24, 2014

SHOULD BE RATED R

Violence: 4 1/2 Sexuality: 3 Cussing: 3 Drinking, Drugs, and Smoking: 3 NOT FOR KIDS
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2014

Review on Ender's Game

This movie is violent and positive. The villain is sort of a cannibal so this might not be good for ages under 11
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2014

too much violence

Too much violence and some swearing.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie/gamefan April 24, 2014

A surprising film

A box office flop has never been so great. Cool action and a great score from Hans Zimmer. I loved the heck out of it but some movies have a flaw and that is dissapointments. It was a little two long and the characters kind acted like a bunch of stupid morons. Oh and one character's heart is eaten out and I did not like that one single bit but a great film for teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byJakob Pitcher March 14, 2014

good

Lots of fighting and killing but really good role models
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Disney logo can be confusing.

There's a bit of gore, a lot of violence, a bit of sex, and also tie-in to Disney Infinity. But it's still very good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycrael351 February 10, 2014

Mildly Entertaining: Not worth the money to buy

We rented this when it first came out- thank goodness we didn't buy it! While it had some humor and action, it was basically all Johnny Depp. The soundtrack and scenery were probably the best part. I will watch it again, but I will never buy it.
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2014

Awesome Movie

This is an AMAZING movie but can get violent and disturbing at times.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2014

Although it's PG-13, this western should be okay for age 11, if you're prepared to fast forward through a couple scenes.

Gore Verbinski may have tried to build off the success of "The Pirates of the Caribbean," and is successful once more. Parents be prepared this movie is surprisingly violent and includes more blood than present in most action films. Butch Cavendish not only shoots people, but is reputed for eating their body parts, he knifes someone's heart out, cleavage-bearing corsets, a scene in a brothel, and exclamations, of "Injuns," "harlot," "d--n," "drunks," "a--," "h--l," "heathens," "savages," "oh my God," and "idiot." This movie is really good, although it may seem overlong to some parents (who may end up watching the insides of their eyelids before the credits role), however it does feature extensive action violence present in most action-adventure/western film (as I said earlier) and intrigueing action sequences that'll enthrall teens as some similar sequences did in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" quadrilogy. Although my dad really liked the plot ad representation of characters in the old TV series, he didn't mind when it was changed, ALOT. All in all, this is a decent film, and is worth at lest one watch. I dislike, however, the chemistry between the Armie Hammer (the Lone Ranger) and Jhonny Depp (Tonto) (but Depp's performance was sensational). In comparison to the films released in the months of july, it's just as good as "Pacific Rim," and WAY better than both "R.I.P.D." and "White House Down." P.S. I Know "White House Down" was release on June 28, I just wanted to include it because it was released within 5 days of "The Lone Ranger."
Kid, 2 years old December 30, 2013

neat.:)

The lone ranger is one of my fav Disney movies EVER! but watch out because there is language,drinking,and Tonto calls The lone ranger "white man."
Teen, 13 years old Written byLieutenant Duh December 28, 2013

Just Another Western Movie

The Lone Ranger is a good movie. Just not a movie for everyone. there are there is a lot of violence for it is a western movie. There is also some swearing, also because it is a western movie. They also go to a bar, so there are drinks and cigars, which are accurate. One thing should be added, that there is blood. There are blood stain on clothing and on the ground when they are shot. Overall it is a good movie for boys over 10. For girls you should wait until they're 11 or 12.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJosh2515 December 19, 2013

Pretty Good.

This review made it sound as if you see him cut out his heart it doesn't. I thought this was a pretty good movie. And in the end when the lone ranger asks if tonto knows what his name means in Spanish I looked it up it means silly.