All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Fabulous, but also violent and scary.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybkid April 3, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome movie

Oh my God... This is one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time turned into a masterpiece of a movie. I recommend you see it, if you haven't. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for realistic fantasy war violence and frightening images.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2010

THE BEST

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is probably the best movie you will ever see! Violent, but an eleven or twelve year old could see it. Two SUPER sad deaths. :( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Written byAnonymous February 24, 2012

Excellent movie!!! Not as bad as this website says, though!!

Love this movie. Seriously though, I first watched it when I was 6 years old. Only one part scared me a little, but I watched it over and over again until I was allowed to watch the second one (which my parents thought was a little too violent until I was 10). I think it just depends on what the viewer fears or likes. Mature viewers will enjoy it!! :D
Parent Written bybabysitrcares May 26, 2011

Has my vote for tweens!

Wonderful classic movie series! Perfect for young tweens and up! Encourage them to read the books as well, they're exciting with lots of action, but are written intelligently, unlike the Twilight phoneme. Some parts may be scary to young children.
Adult Written byuranus1945 May 7, 2009

Beware of graphic violence and scary scenes

Outstanding film but be warned, there is tons of violence! (Spoilers following) The violent scenes include: a main character getting shot in a river by arrows, drenching the river with blood; Aragorn chopping an orc's head of, splattering his face with blood; Boromir getting slowly shot by arrows, you can hear his painful gasps of breath and the blood dribble from his wounds slowly; Aragorn chops an Uruk's arm off and stabs him, the Uruk pulls the blood stained sword further in him, you can hear the flesh tearing and blood dribbling from his mouth, which Aragorn chops his head off with such force chunks of flesh fly everywhere. Lots of scary scenes, too.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great action movie

My 6 year old loves this movie; but he loves orcs and knights.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Enjoy with your teen.

This movie is great. Not very close to the book, because of how epic the book is. However, the characters are well developed, the battle scenes are enjoyable without being too gory. Very good fantasy movie. Not for preteens and younger.
Parent of a 8, 14, and 16 year old Written bymomofvt December 20, 2012

Wonderful films, but not for children.

This is a great movie but it is not a children's movie. Just because there are little folks in it doesn't mean it's meant for little people to see. I say that when children are old enough to read the books they're old enough to see the movies.
Adult Written bysweetypieinusa April 9, 2008

seen all three -excellant

as a mother of 2 daughters and one son , I found this movie violent but fantasy violence to me is completly different than the trash on tv.I would rather my children watch swords and monsters such as the orcs than a drug deal gone bad, or a robbery, or some woman getting raped.my children know that this type of movie is not real .that trash on tv is a fact of life. not to say that reality is not what my children need to know about, but if they can get some entertainment with fantasy viewing rather than the harshness of reality then I am for it. they will face the real world soon enough with all of its ugliness. I like that the lord of the rings is the fight between good and evil.it shows that there is good people ,no matter who they are can be tempted with evil and how as people you have to make choices .some are difficult and there are easy ways out but you must choose the good road.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 24, 2012

Awesome horror movie!

This movie was EPIC! It was funny and action packed at the same time LOL.If you love horror movies you'll LOVE this one!
Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 18, 2009

Parent Written byTHE MOVIE BUF!!!!! July 12, 2011

Very good

Very good
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

really good movie! great for teens
Parent Written byMagidad May 14, 2010

Brilliant; what can I say that hasn't already been said?

This movie is Amazing. It is violent and scary at times. The orcs are gross and scary looking and could frighten young sensitive children. It's themes are greatly covered. And the film is wonderfully filmed and expertly acted. This movie is pretty tense but is the least tense of the movies in the trilogy. Frodo is a great hero in this film but it is his Hobbit friends who are even more amazing. They help Frodo because they want to and not because they feel any obligation to him. My favorite scene is very early in the film when Samwise realizes that he has never been so far from home before but continues forward without hesitation. We should all recognize and accept change that easy.
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

the Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Awesome movie for the whole family. Breathtaking settings and stunning effects. Simply remarkable.
Adult Written bymca27@optonline.net February 24, 2009

o my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie is the best movie ever my best frend saw it when we were ehght and we still are this is the best movie
Adult Written byJess-i April 9, 2008

Good production almost perfect.

This was one of the better movies I have seen. As a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien's books, I was eager to see the movie. After seeing it, I was quite happy with how the movie turned out. A few issues: -Plot. Though it closely follows the book, there are a few details that don't make sense, eg. Aragorn fights the Nine Riders with a sword at Weathertop when in the book he only had the broken Narsil at that point. -Violence. Since movie makers wanted a broad audience, there is a fair bit of tense moments that were added that the book did not include-- eg. the incident with the "watcher at the water" before Moria was somewhat played up. But this movie stays very true to the Spirit of Middle Earth and was great to watch.
Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Phenomenal

This is a fantastic movie. The fighting scenes are not graphic, and there's no idiotic sexual content. There a lot of good elements in this movie. If you can handle violence in a movie, than I would certainly reccomend it.
Adult Written byguitar-tech April 9, 2008

Excellent Epic tale of good versus evil