All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoaoMarques.pt January 21, 2015

the lord of the rings have alot of violence, but the plot of the movie its amaizing

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 28, 2014

A grest way to start the franchise.

Absolutely outstanding with great performances.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

good for 12+

good movie drugs (pg) hobbits smoke violence (pg) lots but not bad language (g)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJohn trevor December 26, 2014

The lord of the rings:the fellowship of the rinng

Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

Really?

Really? Age 12, 11? I saw this at 9 or 10. And I was not scared! (hello there) My brother is watching this at 6! I mean, sure there is tons of violence! (violence is so cool,right?) tis awesome watch it now!
Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2014

Great Beginning to a Great Trilogy

I haven't read the books yet, but this movie makes me want to read it so badly! Unfortunately, I don't have too much time. Anyway I would recommend this for the whole family, although it can get pretty violent and scary! There is an especially shocking scene Bilbo's face suddenly changes to a scary expression, but only for one second. There are several mythical creatures: some good and some bad. The good are beloved, but the bad can be ultimately scary!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 10, 2014

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring movie review

"The Lord of the Rings" trilogy is definitely my favorite movie trilogy of all time. That means I like it more than the original "Star Wars" trilogy. I grew up watching "The Lord of the Rings". I was obsessed with it for a while. "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" was an incredible start to one of the best sagas of all time. The movie starts out at the Shire and the music is spectacular. Every time I hear the score, I feel like I am in the Shire. The movie's introduction was very subtle and calm. I really liked the first 45 minutes of the movie. All of a sudden, the movie is fast-paced. The transition from calm to fast-paced was handled so well. Peter Jackson directed this movie with lots of care. The nine members of the fellowship of the ring are truly fascinating. They all have different personalities. Characters like Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf are all so iconic. The movie is a film adaptation of the novel of the same name by J.R.R. Tolkien. It is very rare when a movie is actually better than its source material. Peter Jackson did an incredible job of recreating the world of Middle-Earth. The themes of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy include friendship, staying true to yourself, and not giving up. The action scenes in this movie are marvelous. It was filmed in a way that made it look real. This movie had one of the most iconic battles of all time. The battle at the mines of Moria was truly amazing. The villains Saruman and Sauron are so menacing. They are definitely one of the best villains of all time. Many people's complaint with the movie is that it is too long. I strongly disagree. The movie's run time is just perfect. The movie went in depth with every scene. This movie is absolutely perfect. I don't think it could have been any better than it was. If you have never heard of The Lord of the Rings, I suggest getting a life. If you are a person who does not like fantasy, I still recommend this movie. The Lord of the Rings trilogy is meant for anyone. That being said, there are some gruesome scenes. I can talk about "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" for about three hours, but I am not going to. I really recommend checking out "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy on film or by novel. If you do hate both, you have no taste in good cinema or literature.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilyIsGeeky September 25, 2014

fantastic film

I first watched this film with my dad when I was five. My mother was not pleased. However, yes this film contains some violence and death, it is not too bad. The main reason why I believe this should be 'pg-9' is because children younger will not follow it. The role model, Frodo shows determination and most of the characters show lots of courage though out the film.though, if you are not sure, watch it yourself, only you know what is appropriate for your child and as well as that, if you haven't watched it, your missing out on a lot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 16, 2014

Classic Wonderful Movie

This is a great movie for kids 10 and up, no sex and drugs in it. Although there is some smoking, nothing to worry about. Some violence, chopping off of heads, battle, nothing a 10 couldn't handle. Great classic movie, defiantly good for a family movie. If your kids loved Harry Potter, they will probably love this movie too!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth September 2, 2014

The lord of the rings

The fellowship of the ring is one of the biggest films of 2001. It won 4/13 academy awards. It is based on the book than was released in 1954 about a hobbit trying to destroy an evil ring that corrupts people. It is 3 hours ( not including the extended cut). This is not a movie for little kids, there are monsters, deaths and brutal scenes.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

My favorite movie!

This is the best movie I have ever seen! Just watch it! You'll love it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjxvk22 August 10, 2014

Very violent.

This (and the other movies in the series) is a very violent movie with beheading, fighting, and killing. The orc characters are very scary, and anyone that watches this should be prepared for some gore and a lot of violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMakinley August 6, 2014

Great old fashioned movie

Such a spectacular film! I have watched these series over and over again and they never get old. It is very slow in the beginning and may be scary to sensitive kids. Oarks are big ugly and violent creatures in this movie. Most kids these days are scared of a messed-up creepy crawly creature called Gollum. Gollum is ugly and talks in a very creepy voice that some kids might find disturbing. But this movie sends a great message and the writer of this film happened to be a Christian. Enjoy the movie and thanks for reading!
Teen, 15 years old Written byQuartermaster July 7, 2014

Epic

Amazing. Just be careful and make sure your kids are ready to handle the amount a violence. There are some very violent scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byc@l June 6, 2014

Lord of the Rings

amazing movie!!!! This is one of the best movies you will ever see it has great battle scenes (though not as big and epic as the next 2 Two Towers and Return Of The King) amazing scenery and solid special effects and acting all round just a great movie.
Kid, 0 years old May 15, 2014

SO DARN AWESOME

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES ONLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie is great,but could be a little to violent for some young viewers.The only other thing is ocassianal smoking, GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 1, 2014

a amazing movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byOfficial Critic March 2, 2014

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Review

This excellent film is emotionally fulfilling, brilliantly plotted and exciting. This movie is a masterpiece and a textbook example on how to create an epic adventure.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPaul Decker February 18, 2014

This is actually The best!

this is a very good movie with tons of action and a good story to it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacob Barrera February 7, 2014

Amazing Film With No Language At All and Some Violence

Really good film with positive role models, messages, no language and sex. Violence is pretty high but its fantasy violence. Two orge like creatures are beheaded while many others are stabbed, shot by arrows, or sliced. Some jump scares that really isn's as much scary as surprising. The movie can be a little frighting at times, especially when Bilbo goes mad over the ring. Recommend to mature 8-9 year olds and up.