All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 15 years old Written bydinzyblue April 4, 2012

Awesomme

great movie!! although violent, this movie teaches values and portrays christian worldview... watch it now!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 March 31, 2012

Great.

Great.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2012

Excellent movie- Much better, then Harry Potter!!!

As a fan of the harry potter books and especially the movies, I have to say that The Lord of the Rings trilogy took the cake. However parents should be aware that there are some grusome scenes involved. However, if you have let you children watch the movie The Hunger Games, than these movies shouldn't be a problem. There are excellent morals in these movies, and I encourage all parents and kids, to give them a try. Some violence may not be suitible for children however, so parents may want to view it first, or watch it with thier kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieman22 March 16, 2012

A fabulous series and amazing one! Although it is violent and scary though. But this one could earn a PG rating

My rating PG-13 ( broad line to a PG ) for sequences of fantasy action violence, some scary images and some images of smoking. (Violence-4/5 really violent and scary (sometimes bloodless) a lot of orcs get killed (in one scene shows a orcs head chopped off briefly in the climax but no blood is shown and it's only 0.5 seconds) mostly ugly looking orcs.) (sex-0.5/5 really mild only Aragon and this girl kiss once. (Language-0/5 not an issue (drinking/drugs/alcohol/-2/5 some pipe smoking but the hobbits smoke pipe weed. Some mild drinking too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommando_1 March 16, 2012

GREAT MOVIE

I think this movie is Sooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD! It was a well done movie! It does have quite a few scary scenes, but the violence isn't too bad. It does leave out a few things from the book, but other than that it's AWESOME!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkyrimFlorence March 14, 2012

Raised on LOTR

Okay, I've been LITERALLY raised on these books and movies...In fact one of my first words was Frodo!!! I'm fourteen, and my mom has read me these stories as a kid. I remember being amazed at the movies.... The positive role models and the amazing storyline are breathtaking. Also, in the "official" review, it says "topless/nude women statues in Rivendell". That's kind of ridiculous, you'd need to be specifically scanning the background for that kind of stuff. I've legitimately watched the movies all in extended form at least once-twice a month and haven't noticed that...So yeah, that's really no problem. Consumerism is NOT IN THE MOVIE!! Sorry to break it to you, but no. There is no mention of the franchise in the movie (they're in Middle Earth, duh). This website kinda annoys me, (not to mention my mum and my family) it's like they're OUT TO FIND SOMETHING WRONG ON HERE. :) Anyway, LOTR is a GREAT thing to show to younger kids, I mean of course go ahead and skip the battle scenes for them if you want, but heck, I saw it when I was like three and loved it, and I still watch it to this day. Let's just say, LOTR has a much more positive message than Twilight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 March 1, 2012

Scary movie has positive messages, iffy for 9+

Great movie, definitely one of the best films of the decade. There are some very scary sections, particularly involving the Nagzul, tall ghostlike creatures robed in black. However, the underlying theme of good triumphing over evil makes this appropriate for 8+, provided you skip a few scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 17, 2012

Fantasic epic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynatgeo January 9, 2012

lotr1

Kid, 11 years old January 3, 2012

exellent!!!

A great way to start the series. Very violent but that get's made up for by the positive messages and role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDaw$0man December 31, 2011

I give this a 17/20

Violence (red) a lot of epic battles even orcs are scary looking and climb up walls like monkeys even a orcs head is cut of briefly shown no blood is shown. Sex (greenish) Aragon and a girl kiss. Language: none alchahol/smoking/tobacco ( yellow ) Characters smoke pipe weed and some drinking beer ( not as much as the rest of the movies). My rating PG-13 for epic battle sequences and violence, some scary images and some smoking.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

Love it!

I saw this movie when I was four ( it was sitting on the bench and my parents were gardening outside so I put it in the dvd player and watched it) it scared me to death! I thought that dark riders would come and get me in my sleep! now I look back and laugh at that. It is a great movie so worth watching over and over. Just don't let your four year old watch it :)
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2011

Great movie

Great movie but not the same as the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 November 15, 2011

AWSOME but a little scary movie

GREAT movie with a few scary/disturbing scenes and some violence... the role models of aragorn and the elves is great along with frodo's resistin of the ring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 4, 2011

Love it but violent.

Ok, so I know the main character looks weird but after a little while he grows on you. This series is amazing! The reason that i said it was violent is because there are a few decapitations of Orks. Also there is a lot of sword going through bodies. The violence is almost like Gladiator but with mythical creatures. Other then that there are some frightening scenes. Very scary creatures for younger people. But its a wonderful movie! You should watch it. I like the 2nd and 3rd movies the best but this one is awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesseVitu October 16, 2011

MUST WATCH

This movie is a must watch for anyone who has read the book! Read the book first, but absolutely watch the movie after that. Amazing and very true to the book. I highly recommend the extended edition, because it adds so much content. It is a tad violent, but anyone that can handle battle scenes with bows, axes, etc. can watch it. I have watched each of the extended editions 8 times they are so good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byShadow9713 October 15, 2011

Welcome to the Fellowship.

This adventure will have you clinging to your seats awaiting the next high-thrilling moment. Jokes are spread across the way and the fight scenes are magnificent. If you're looking for a movie after a long day at work, fun entertainment purpose, or a movie to hang out and chill with your friends, this is it! =)
Teen, 15 years old Written byWell Informed Pizza September 11, 2011

I think you have to know your kids.

I think that the movie on it's own is a bit iffy for 8 and under, what there being intense violence and scary scenes... but I reccomend getting a copy of the book first, and reading it to your kids. Then they will know what happens and the movie will not seem as scary. The only question is the violence- Boromir's death is quite the same in the book as in the movie and if you think your children couldn't handle it (I also reccomend pre-viewing movies :P) then of course don't buy the book. LOTR horrified me until I read the book- so I know from experiance.
Teen, 14 years old Written byflavoredsarcasm July 12, 2011

This movie is epic

This is a classic battling adventure tale that is completely fantastic and entertaining. This movie is clearly a story with defined "good" and "evil". With the many battle scenes comes many depictions of death, wounds, blood, and violence. Some children may be able to handle it at a younger age, though I think a safe age is definitely age 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

Lord of the rings Part 1 rolls in the gold

The beginning of the film trilogy of J.R.R Tolkien's fantasy books is a great epic ride. Meticulously shot and with an array of fabulous visuals, this is a great start for the trilogy. It also serves as a fun way to introduce kids into epic filmmaking. The director, Peter Jackson, after making a series of campy slasher pics, finally proves his talent. Note to parents: The film contains characters smoking at every turn and some pretty intense violence. Not to mention the film goes on for 3 hours.