All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 November 15, 2011

AWSOME but a little scary movie

GREAT movie with a few scary/disturbing scenes and some violence... the role models of aragorn and the elves is great along with frodo's resistin of the ring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 4, 2011

Love it but violent.

Ok, so I know the main character looks weird but after a little while he grows on you. This series is amazing! The reason that i said it was violent is because there are a few decapitations of Orks. Also there is a lot of sword going through bodies. The violence is almost like Gladiator but with mythical creatures. Other then that there are some frightening scenes. Very scary creatures for younger people. But its a wonderful movie! You should watch it. I like the 2nd and 3rd movies the best but this one is awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesseVitu October 16, 2011

MUST WATCH

This movie is a must watch for anyone who has read the book! Read the book first, but absolutely watch the movie after that. Amazing and very true to the book. I highly recommend the extended edition, because it adds so much content. It is a tad violent, but anyone that can handle battle scenes with bows, axes, etc. can watch it. I have watched each of the extended editions 8 times they are so good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byShadow9713 October 15, 2011

Welcome to the Fellowship.

This adventure will have you clinging to your seats awaiting the next high-thrilling moment. Jokes are spread across the way and the fight scenes are magnificent. If you're looking for a movie after a long day at work, fun entertainment purpose, or a movie to hang out and chill with your friends, this is it! =)
Teen, 15 years old Written byWell Informed Pizza September 11, 2011

I think you have to know your kids.

I think that the movie on it's own is a bit iffy for 8 and under, what there being intense violence and scary scenes... but I reccomend getting a copy of the book first, and reading it to your kids. Then they will know what happens and the movie will not seem as scary. The only question is the violence- Boromir's death is quite the same in the book as in the movie and if you think your children couldn't handle it (I also reccomend pre-viewing movies :P) then of course don't buy the book. LOTR horrified me until I read the book- so I know from experiance.
Teen, 14 years old Written byflavoredsarcasm July 12, 2011

This movie is epic

This is a classic battling adventure tale that is completely fantastic and entertaining. This movie is clearly a story with defined "good" and "evil". With the many battle scenes comes many depictions of death, wounds, blood, and violence. Some children may be able to handle it at a younger age, though I think a safe age is definitely age 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

Lord of the rings Part 1 rolls in the gold

The beginning of the film trilogy of J.R.R Tolkien's fantasy books is a great epic ride. Meticulously shot and with an array of fabulous visuals, this is a great start for the trilogy. It also serves as a fun way to introduce kids into epic filmmaking. The director, Peter Jackson, after making a series of campy slasher pics, finally proves his talent. Note to parents: The film contains characters smoking at every turn and some pretty intense violence. Not to mention the film goes on for 3 hours.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustagirl May 12, 2011

Best movie on earth. Saw with my daddy when u was either 4 or 5. He read me the books when I was little
Teen, 13 years old Written byoag721 March 27, 2011

The best of the trilogy

I love Lord of the Rings, and I believe the movies are fantastic adaptions (this is the closest and best) and appropriate for anyone who can handle violent/scary scenes or has read the book. The violence is not overly presented. The messages are positive and the characters are moral. I wouldn't get too worried about the statue mentioned in the review because I've seen the film so many times and haven't seen it. There's nothing else to worry about in the category besides a kiss, and it's appropriate. Anyway, a great movie for everyone to enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEowynBear March 7, 2011

Really great Trilogy

I love watching the trilogy again and again. When I was little my mom let me watch it and the orcs were really scary but now I'm not scared at all with it. Plus, I'm named after Princess Eowyn, niece of King Theoden of Rohan since my dad liked the movies and books so much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense violence throughout, sequences of intense action, violent images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 12, 2011

good movie

amazing movie.me,my dad,an 15 year old friend love it but i dont think you can really understand it unless you read the books.requires having some patience to watch.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2010

seen this when i was nine (whoops) nut handled it with ease...

I love the books, and movies. I have seen them about.....(count on fingers)...52...53.. well, u get the picture. Anyways, u should read them first, THEN watch 'em.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Why Commonsense!?! Why do you hate the Bible of Geekdom so!?!

Oh commonsense... This is LOTR at its best. The battles are great, the characters are great! There is no swearing and the violence is mild! Sexy stuff is nonexisting! THIS IS LOTR! You just gotta share it with younger kids! This really is close to the books! Kids NEED to see this! Overall, I say let them see this wonderful movie so that they can begin their jouney to the next films!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycillee November 8, 2010

Perfectly told, decently scary

This movie is a beautifully told story of the battle between temptation and good. The audience comes to know and love the characters, actors, and anything that ever had to do with the story. The Ringwraiths at the beginning are quite scary, but not gory. The idea of them is the only scary part. You will not want to stop watching this trilogy. It is the epic movie of our generation!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 26, 2010

GURG CSM MAKES ANOTHER CRAZY MAD MINDED STRICT REVIEW! MY GOSHGUFFLES!

MY GOSH! COMMON SENSE MEDIA GIVES ME A HEADACHE AGAIN WITH ANOTHER OVERPROTECTIVE REVIEW! EVEN MY 10 YEAR OLD BROTHER SAW THIS!(WHEN HE WAS 8!) AND IT DIDNT SCAR HIM FOREVER, HE DDINT GET NIGHTMAREES FROM RINGWRAITHS OR ANYTHING! AND WHO CARES TOPLESS STATUARY! THERE THE ELVES AND THEY KNOW WOMEN AS ARTISTIC INSPIRATION FOR STATUES MORE THAN YOU SUCKY CSM! Alrhight, done ranting GREAT movie, but better book. And the movie did not include Glorfindel, the elf with Golden hair, whichs sucks. Extreme violence but kids should handle it because its such a good movie. There is no language and no sexual contenet except for Arwen the love interest of Aragorn they just kiss, AND EVEN 6 YEAR OLDS HAVE SEEN KISSING IT6S NOT INNAPROPIATE CSM EXCEPT IF THEY TOUCH TONGUES!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymathgirlie August 24, 2010

One of the best movies I've seen in my life

This movie is amazing. Period the end.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2010

Its great movie filled with many intense battles for younger kids. Frodo and the other hobbits are good role models because they tell you it is not right to go to war and ends it before Middle-Earth becomes a grave yard.
Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010

violent fights smoking and drinking parts but the rest is just fine
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 April 28, 2010

In love with it! Definetely a must-see.

I love this movie, it is outstanding. No blood shown, no profanity, there's one kiss, no drinking or drugs. The characters do smoke tobacco sometimes, but I don't feel like it's much of an issue. This movie is just... I don't like to use this word a lot, because it shows lack of knowledge of the English language... but this movie was just epic! Leaves you wanting more! There are such good role models and positive messages. Yes, there is franchise connected to the movie, but none in the movie itself. Yes, there is violence... and intense scenes, it is amazing nevertheless.