All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2012

Really good

First of all, how is it consumerism if the movie is of the book? This movie is awesome. There is some violence, and when the orcs are born its a little disturbing. Really there is one part where Aragorn and Arwen kiss, but that's about it. There is some drinking l, mostly among the duo Merry and Pippin. Some of the characters smoke pipes, too, but that's not bad. There are some amazing characters that could inspire kids to be a better person. Samwise Gamgee, though a little chubby and slow, is extremely brave, though sometimes is blindly. Pippin and Merry are also. Brave, and Frodo is almost as brave and courageous as Sam, but is often too frightened to fight. All are realistically frightened and brave too. The movie is also a lot like the book. This is one of my favorite movies.
Kid, 11 years old May 2, 2012

AWESOME!!!!

Very mild language,smoking,and drinking but very noticeable violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire April 7, 2012

Best Movie Ever!

I absolutely love this movie! I read the book first and watched the movie a few days later (just to let you know, the book is better). There is tons of violence in this movie. There is one seen where someone cuts off an orc's head and arm (though there is no blood). There is another seen where to people fight magically and one is shown with blood on his face. There is not very much blood but there is tons of violence. It is pretty obvious that Sam likes this one girl at the beginning but it's nothing bad. Two other characters are in love and kiss in one seen. There is also a lot of drinking and characters getting drunk. Over all, due to scary parts, I'd wait till you were 12 or 13 to watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydinzyblue April 4, 2012

Awesomme

great movie!! although violent, this movie teaches values and portrays christian worldview... watch it now!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLegend736 March 31, 2012

Great.

Great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieman22 March 16, 2012

A fabulous series and amazing one! Although it is violent and scary though. But this one could earn a PG rating

My rating PG-13 ( broad line to a PG ) for sequences of fantasy action violence, some scary images and some images of smoking. (Violence-4/5 really violent and scary (sometimes bloodless) a lot of orcs get killed (in one scene shows a orcs head chopped off briefly in the climax but no blood is shown and it's only 0.5 seconds) mostly ugly looking orcs.) (sex-0.5/5 really mild only Aragon and this girl kiss once. (Language-0/5 not an issue (drinking/drugs/alcohol/-2/5 some pipe smoking but the hobbits smoke pipe weed. Some mild drinking too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommando_1 March 16, 2012

GREAT MOVIE

I think this movie is Sooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD! It was a well done movie! It does have quite a few scary scenes, but the violence isn't too bad. It does leave out a few things from the book, but other than that it's AWESOME!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkyrimFlorence March 14, 2012

Raised on LOTR

Okay, I've been LITERALLY raised on these books and movies...In fact one of my first words was Frodo!!! I'm fourteen, and my mom has read me these stories as a kid. I remember being amazed at the movies.... The positive role models and the amazing storyline are breathtaking. Also, in the "official" review, it says "topless/nude women statues in Rivendell". That's kind of ridiculous, you'd need to be specifically scanning the background for that kind of stuff. I've legitimately watched the movies all in extended form at least once-twice a month and haven't noticed that...So yeah, that's really no problem. Consumerism is NOT IN THE MOVIE!! Sorry to break it to you, but no. There is no mention of the franchise in the movie (they're in Middle Earth, duh). This website kinda annoys me, (not to mention my mum and my family) it's like they're OUT TO FIND SOMETHING WRONG ON HERE. :) Anyway, LOTR is a GREAT thing to show to younger kids, I mean of course go ahead and skip the battle scenes for them if you want, but heck, I saw it when I was like three and loved it, and I still watch it to this day. Let's just say, LOTR has a much more positive message than Twilight.
Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 March 1, 2012

Scary movie has positive messages, iffy for 9+

Great movie, definitely one of the best films of the decade. There are some very scary sections, particularly involving the Nagzul, tall ghostlike creatures robed in black. However, the underlying theme of good triumphing over evil makes this appropriate for 8+, provided you skip a few scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 17, 2012

Fantasic epic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynatgeo January 9, 2012

lotr1

Teen, 14 years old Written byDaw$0man December 31, 2011

I give this a 17/20

Violence (red) a lot of epic battles even orcs are scary looking and climb up walls like monkeys even a orcs head is cut of briefly shown no blood is shown. Sex (greenish) Aragon and a girl kiss. Language: none alchahol/smoking/tobacco ( yellow ) Characters smoke pipe weed and some drinking beer ( not as much as the rest of the movies). My rating PG-13 for epic battle sequences and violence, some scary images and some smoking.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

Love it!

I saw this movie when I was four ( it was sitting on the bench and my parents were gardening outside so I put it in the dvd player and watched it) it scared me to death! I thought that dark riders would come and get me in my sleep! now I look back and laugh at that. It is a great movie so worth watching over and over. Just don't let your four year old watch it :)
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2011

Great movie

Great movie but not the same as the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypatton1942 November 15, 2011

AWSOME but a little scary movie

GREAT movie with a few scary/disturbing scenes and some violence... the role models of aragorn and the elves is great along with frodo's resistin of the ring.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 4, 2011

Love it but violent.

Ok, so I know the main character looks weird but after a little while he grows on you. This series is amazing! The reason that i said it was violent is because there are a few decapitations of Orks. Also there is a lot of sword going through bodies. The violence is almost like Gladiator but with mythical creatures. Other then that there are some frightening scenes. Very scary creatures for younger people. But its a wonderful movie! You should watch it. I like the 2nd and 3rd movies the best but this one is awesome!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJesseVitu October 16, 2011

MUST WATCH

This movie is a must watch for anyone who has read the book! Read the book first, but absolutely watch the movie after that. Amazing and very true to the book. I highly recommend the extended edition, because it adds so much content. It is a tad violent, but anyone that can handle battle scenes with bows, axes, etc. can watch it. I have watched each of the extended editions 8 times they are so good.
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2010

Why Commonsense!?! Why do you hate the Bible of Geekdom so!?!

Oh commonsense... This is LOTR at its best. The battles are great, the characters are great! There is no swearing and the violence is mild! Sexy stuff is nonexisting! THIS IS LOTR! You just gotta share it with younger kids! This really is close to the books! Kids NEED to see this! Overall, I say let them see this wonderful movie so that they can begin their jouney to the next films!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycillee November 8, 2010

Perfectly told, decently scary

This movie is a beautifully told story of the battle between temptation and good. The audience comes to know and love the characters, actors, and anything that ever had to do with the story. The Ringwraiths at the beginning are quite scary, but not gory. The idea of them is the only scary part. You will not want to stop watching this trilogy. It is the epic movie of our generation!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 26, 2010

GURG CSM MAKES ANOTHER CRAZY MAD MINDED STRICT REVIEW! MY GOSHGUFFLES!

MY GOSH! COMMON SENSE MEDIA GIVES ME A HEADACHE AGAIN WITH ANOTHER OVERPROTECTIVE REVIEW! EVEN MY 10 YEAR OLD BROTHER SAW THIS!(WHEN HE WAS 8!) AND IT DIDNT SCAR HIM FOREVER, HE DDINT GET NIGHTMAREES FROM RINGWRAITHS OR ANYTHING! AND WHO CARES TOPLESS STATUARY! THERE THE ELVES AND THEY KNOW WOMEN AS ARTISTIC INSPIRATION FOR STATUES MORE THAN YOU SUCKY CSM! Alrhight, done ranting GREAT movie, but better book. And the movie did not include Glorfindel, the elf with Golden hair, whichs sucks. Extreme violence but kids should handle it because its such a good movie. There is no language and no sexual contenet except for Arwen the love interest of Aragorn they just kiss, AND EVEN 6 YEAR OLDS HAVE SEEN KISSING IT6S NOT INNAPROPIATE CSM EXCEPT IF THEY TOUCH TONGUES!