All parent member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Adult Written bysumodra April 9, 2008

okay

This movie was a disappointment, and it was too long.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Award winning film!

Definitely the best of the year! Action-packed, well directed, wonderful effects, and the story line follows the book very well. Superb!!
Adult Written bycrystal April 9, 2008

The third installment of the Lord of the Rings saga terminates the fight for Middle Earth, and tells the story of Frodo's last attempt to destroy the Ring in Mt. Doom, with his trusty companion Sam, whose character develops substantially as he witnesses his beloved friend's agony, which is increasingly induced by the rising power of the Ring as the enter Mordor. On the other side of Middle Earth, as Sauron prepares his vast army for the final battle, Aragorn is forced to embrace his fate as King, and lead the race of men. As an engaging subplot, Merry and Pippins' characters are enriched as they are separated and start their own paths to helping 'good' to glory. This film is a glorious and extremely satisfying end to the Rings trilogy, due to superb acting (majorly by Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, and Viggo Mortensen), and once again, the breathtaking special effects, bringing to life all parts of Middle Earth and the incredibly realistic battle scenes that have you on the edge of your seat. It brings together excitement, fear, wonder, happiness and sadness all at once: a fitting end to a futrure legendary set of movies.
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

A Great Family Movie

This movie was great. I don't want to give away anything about the movie for those who haven't seen it so I'll just say it's great. It's good for anyone 8 and over.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Excellent finale

Wow is all I can say. They don't make movies like this much anymore. An epic adventure that will go down in history as one of the best ever. Excellent!
Adult Written byadriesse15 April 9, 2008

A must wacth movie for Orlando

Adult Written byRaisingafamily April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

amazing

this is almost to good to be true this is a wonderful movie the second best i have seen this was almost to good to be a movie -10 caution
Adult Written byYankeeman242003 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bythewittyman27 April 9, 2008

lotr rox ur sox!

this movie wuz awesum!
Adult Written bymymjlm April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

There's a reason it won all those Oscars...

My favorite movie of the trilogy. I don't even want to count how many times I've seen it. My sister (who was 9, at the time) and I saw this three times in theaters alone. It's a wonderful ending to the trilogy, and makes the viewer wish there were more to come. Again, no sexual content or modern-day cursing, but strong violence, enough to have, in my opinion, earned an R-rating. Overall, words do not do this movie justice. It's suitable for anyone, except kids who can't handle the intense violence.
Adult Written byLumberg April 9, 2008

Adult Written byrehab maniac April 9, 2008

action packed

Adult Written byvictorianezine April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Very Violent and Intense, but Magnificent Film!

The Return of the King is the most violent Lord of the Rings film. The Battle of Pellanor Fields stands out for its startling and breathtaking visual effects, but is also very violent and graphic. In this picture, blood is shown, unlike the others. But the blood is brief, except for in the end where Frodo loses a finger (very bloody). The film also gets intense as Frodo is tempted by Gollum to turn against his friend Sam. Aragorn must face his destiny, and Eowyn must fight the bonds that held the women of that kingdom. Very violent. Very intense. But great message that is shown even more in this one than the others. In this, the message glows and the beautiful story almost covers the battles. Let me say it this way: you'll be sad when this film ends. Great film for ages 11 or 12 and up!