All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Outstanding adventure, but very violent battle scenes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° June 12, 2011

awsome movies!

I REALLY LOVE ALL THE FILMS! so the're might be some violence, but you can see it's fake, like those orcs, they really don't look real, but if youre kid has a weak stomach, than i coul understand,, GREAT MOVIES!:D
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

Great movie! Not for under 11!

9? 8? Seriously.I read the books first then watched them.A rule I have is: If they can't read the books they shouldn't watch the movie.This is because children are watching movies way too old for them now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 26, 2010

ALRIGHT FOR ALL KIDS EXCEPT 8 AND UNDER

READ MY REVIEW OF FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. NOT MUCH WORSE EXCEPT SARUMAN AND THE ORCS MAY SCARE KIDS YOUNGER THAN 8. There is no more topless statuary in Rivendell, which didnt really matter in the first film but Common Sense Media here seems like it wants the first amendment abolished. You know what that means(i think it may be another amendment but i think its first)? IT MEANS KIDS DO NOT HAVE THE FREEDOM TO SEE ANY MOVIES OR VIDEOGAMES WITH BAD CONTENET! If that amendment is abolished, that will happen, which makes CSM, kind of communist. It also restricts kids from seeing art with nudity. WHO CARES? its not like real nudity and they are drew by expert artists.
Adult Written bymca27@optonline.net January 24, 2009

great movie, but not for little kids

first i watched the special features of this movie and then I saw the movie. But the only reason I saw the movie was because my babysitter let me watch it. It was kind of creepy. In the beginning the close up of golum's face is very startling. THere are a lot of battle sequences. Some parts of hte movie had arrows going into Orc's heads and mouths. When Sauron comes out and his fingers get cut off, everybody falls down and on of the most gruesome parts is when Golom eats the live rabbit. I would not recommend it for young kids, even though i saw it when I was seven
Teen, 13 years old Written byLove_my_Dogs_SMR April 10, 2011

OK i first watch this movie when i was 5! now my little sister is afraid of it, so i guess i was wired! but any way it is a good movie. there is lots of battles and stuff but not to much blood or guts and gore.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2010

The next chapter in the lord of the rings. Frodo and sam are on there way to destroy the ring and meet up with the creepy Gullom. Younger kids will be scared of Gullom.
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

The Lord of the RIng: The Two Towers

Even better than the first one with a lot more war and violence. Great epic battle scene in Helms Deep. Grade A film that deserves 5 stars and nothing less.
Adult Written byuranus1945 June 9, 2009

CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND SCARY SCENES

Again, an outstanding film, like the first, but contains too much violence for a PG-13 rating. Scenes that contain this type of violence include: a man ripped open slightly with bloody, mortal wounds (the gory site of the massacre of him and his men is seen); a scene for an orc's head is chopped off (blood gushes out for about three seconds), then the uruks rip out his intestines and devour them; an uruk's head is staked on a spear; a dwarf digs through bits and pieces of dead, burnt corpses; an orc is smashed so hard, the leaves around him are bathed in blood; a man is thrown down a flight of stairs (and spits blood on another man's hand); a creature breaks a rabbit in half and pulls out the flesh with his teeth; a man is devoured by a warg, an orc's throat is slit, blood comes out; a battle, many are killed and eaten, bloody ground, screaming wounded; an orc's neck breaks; a man had many bloody wounds but lives; a creature is beaten graphically (for about thirty seconds); a collosal battle, thousands die; (an uruk violently slices a man's face apart), a man is stabbed several times, he lies next to other gory bodies; (a man is crushed by a battering ram, the one next to him slices the assailant's arm off, leaving him to suffer); a man is stabbed by a pike, which he thrusts into an orc's throat; a man is hit by ballista; a huge cavalry charge causes enemy infantry to be massacred gorily. There is also plenty of scary and disturbing scenes. Other than that, its a great film.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fantasy Movies Ever

This is a very intense Fantasy movie that will please almost everyone not scared by the intensity of monsters and battle.
Adult Written byamandaisl April 9, 2008

An unbelievable film - better than the first!

Whether you've read Lord of the Rings or not, this movie is sure to please. Make sure to see it on the big screen because it will transport you to another land and another time. The magic and beauty are engulfed in a sense of suspense. There are many scenes that would not appeal to young children as the make-up of the Orks (bad guys) is so realistic that they are really quite scary to look at. There are also some very vivid battle scenes that may leave a child with nightmares. However, for anyone over 13, this movie is sure to thrill and satisfy!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoc13 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byYankeeman242003 April 9, 2008

Excellent

Great movie, a must see for movie goers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 20, 2015

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

VERY COOL MOVIE! I think It is great for kids, the next installment in LOTR Gollum Is a great character. Great for tolkein fans, and people will love frodo and sam, also very good story. VIOLENCE 7/10 Strong fantasy violence and battles, SEX 1/10 kissing, Scary scenes 4/10 Gollum may be somewhat frightening, some jumpscares, LANGUAGE 0/10 none, DRINKING AND DRUGS 3/10 some smoking and wine drinking, I think it is fine for 9+
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is good film and gollum is intresting character.

This movie have lots of fantasy-adventure violence and scary scenes.
Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers

This is an excellent sequel to the original film - The Fellowship Of The Ring. I personally think all of the films in the trilogy are brilliant, but this film didn't really interest me as much as I thought it would. Oh, and did I mention, the duration of the film is 2hrs 59mins! :( Not For Little Kids ): My Classification: M - Strong Violence
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015

Keeping up the good work

Keeps up the good work from the Fellowship of the Ring. Action-packed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 22, 2015

Even better than the first

There is way more character development, a lot of violence and Andy Serkis a.k.a. the single greatest motion capture performer EVER
Teen, 15 years old Written byW0PR February 16, 2015

THE HOBBITS ARE NOT KIDS!!!

common sense media says that even kids go to war, this is WRONG. they are HOBBITS, not KIDS, they are not even Hobbit kids. Frodo is older than most of the adults (49), Sam is around 40, and Merry and Pippin are in their 30s. hobbits are officially "kids" until they are 30 but develop and mature to the level of about a 25 year old by 30. definitely old enough to go to war
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

My Rating 91%

Violence- 13+ (Frequent Action Violence)
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 December 28, 2014

A brilliant follow-up.

Just fantastic with intense battles.