All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Outstanding adventure, but very violent battle scenes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° June 12, 2011

awsome movies!

I REALLY LOVE ALL THE FILMS! so the're might be some violence, but you can see it's fake, like those orcs, they really don't look real, but if youre kid has a weak stomach, than i coul understand,, GREAT MOVIES!:D
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

Great movie! Not for under 11!

9? 8? Seriously.I read the books first then watched them.A rule I have is: If they can't read the books they shouldn't watch the movie.This is because children are watching movies way too old for them now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLove_my_Dogs_SMR April 10, 2011

OK i first watch this movie when i was 5! now my little sister is afraid of it, so i guess i was wired! but any way it is a good movie. there is lots of battles and stuff but not to much blood or guts and gore.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2010
The next chapter in the lord of the rings. Frodo and sam are on there way to destroy the ring and meet up with the creepy Gullom. Younger kids will be scared of Gullom.
Adult Written byamandaisl April 9, 2008

An unbelievable film - better than the first!

Whether you've read Lord of the Rings or not, this movie is sure to please. Make sure to see it on the big screen because it will transport you to another land and another time. The magic and beauty are engulfed in a sense of suspense. There are many scenes that would not appeal to young children as the make-up of the Orks (bad guys) is so realistic that they are really quite scary to look at. There are also some very vivid battle scenes that may leave a child with nightmares. However, for anyone over 13, this movie is sure to thrill and satisfy!
Parent Written byBlueRIVER September 24, 2015

Cool lord of the rings sequel

Cool movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is good film and gollum is intresting character.

This movie have lots of fantasy-adventure violence and scary scenes.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fantasy Movies Ever

This is a very intense Fantasy movie that will please almost everyone not scared by the intensity of monsters and battle.
Adult Written byJegodby April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

What???????//

Age 14, 12, 11? I saw this at nine!!!! and my brother saw it at 6!!!!!!! and its not scary(i dont get scared of movys) great movie i loved it and do not ask me about violence cause i love violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 17, 2012

Great storytelling, and characters in enjoyable sequel. But extreme violence.

Lots of fantasy violence that sometimes pushes the PG-13 rating. Characters are dismembered, decapitated, disemboweled, impaled, stabbed, mauled by large wolves, crushed, lit on fire, trampled by horses, and elephants, blown up, knifed, bitten, hit with rocks, spears, and arrows. One orc's decapitated head is impaled on a spear, and left next to a pile of burnt orc bodies.
Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Great sequel

Great movie. If you can handle violence, this is sure to be a great action-adventure movie. There are very good elements in this movie.

great movie, but not for little kids

first i watched the special features of this movie and then I saw the movie. But the only reason I saw the movie was because my babysitter let me watch it. It was kind of creepy. In the beginning the close up of golum's face is very startling. THere are a lot of battle sequences. Some parts of hte movie had arrows going into Orc's heads and mouths. When Sauron comes out and his fingers get cut off, everybody falls down and on of the most gruesome parts is when Golom eats the live rabbit. I would not recommend it for young kids, even though i saw it when I was seven
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

The Lord of the RIng: The Two Towers

Even better than the first one with a lot more war and violence. Great epic battle scene in Helms Deep. Grade A film that deserves 5 stars and nothing less.
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2016

Lord of the rings is violent as heck

This is a very violent film especially if you watch the extended edition [3h 55m]. There is a decapitation and a spear goes through and orc's neck many people are shot with arrows stabbed with swords and axes [a few shown on screen] but with the violence in them this is a wonderful movie one of my favorite movies five stars for sure. There are a few funny moments this movie is also intense and the battle scenes are graphic and realistic. Overall sex and nudity 3/10 kissing between Aragorn and and I can't remember her name but the elve. Violence and gore 8/10 for lots of graphic violence and blood and intense violence. Language 0/10 none alcohol/drugs/smoking 4/10 Gimly drinks and gets drunk and gets knocked out along with other drinkers. My rating PG-13
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge review kid November 28, 2015

Violent sequel isn't as good as the first but still very fun

My rating:PG-13 for intense fantasy violence and action and battle sequences
Adult Written byuranus1945 June 9, 2009

CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND SCARY SCENES

Again, an outstanding film, like the first, but contains too much violence for a PG-13 rating. Scenes that contain this type of violence include: a man ripped open slightly with bloody, mortal wounds (the gory site of the massacre of him and his men is seen); a scene for an orc's head is chopped off (blood gushes out for about three seconds), then the uruks rip out his intestines and devour them; an uruk's head is staked on a spear; a dwarf digs through bits and pieces of dead, burnt corpses; an orc is smashed so hard, the leaves around him are bathed in blood; a man is thrown down a flight of stairs (and spits blood on another man's hand); a creature breaks a rabbit in half and pulls out the flesh with his teeth; a man is devoured by a warg, an orc's throat is slit, blood comes out; a battle, many are killed and eaten, bloody ground, screaming wounded; an orc's neck breaks; a man had many bloody wounds but lives; a creature is beaten graphically (for about thirty seconds); a collosal battle, thousands die; (an uruk violently slices a man's face apart), a man is stabbed several times, he lies next to other gory bodies; (a man is crushed by a battering ram, the one next to him slices the assailant's arm off, leaving him to suffer); a man is stabbed by a pike, which he thrusts into an orc's throat; a man is hit by ballista; a huge cavalry charge causes enemy infantry to be massacred gorily. There is also plenty of scary and disturbing scenes. Other than that, its a great film.
Adult Written byYankeeman242003 April 9, 2008

Excellent

Great movie, a must see for movie goers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 20, 2015

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

VERY COOL MOVIE! I think It is great for kids, the next installment in LOTR Gollum Is a great character. Great for tolkein fans, and people will love frodo and sam, also very good story. VIOLENCE 7/10 Strong fantasy violence and battles, SEX 1/10 kissing, Scary scenes 4/10 Gollum may be somewhat frightening, some jumpscares, LANGUAGE 0/10 none, DRINKING AND DRUGS 3/10 some smoking and wine drinking, I think it is fine for 9+