All member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Teen, 13 years old Written bynatgeo January 9, 2012

lotr2

Teen, 14 years old Written byJesseVitu October 20, 2011

Another Amazing LOTR Movie

This movie is stunning. Amazing battle scenes and a story that is true to the book. Like for all LOTR movies, read the book first. It has more violence and gore than the first by a decent bit, including one orc getting ripped apart and eaten by other orcs. (This is played for laughs though, and is quite funny.) There is absolutely no language, and no suggestive themes, which makes a great movie for pre-teens to watch. Anyone that can handle a little bit of violence, will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

The Two Towers shovels more gold for the LOTR trilogy

The Two Towers is a magnificent continuation of The Lord of the Rings. There seems to be a deeper emotional depth here, though the battle scenes are quite long. The biggest treat the film has to offer is Gollum, a unique blend of acting from Andy Serkis and CGI effects. Note to Parents: Although this is a fine spectacle, the battle scenes are longer and a bit bloodier in this chapter than in The Fellowship of the Ring. Teens and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byoag721 May 30, 2011

Okay if have read the book

I find it strange that this is iffy but the first an third (the 3rd was much more violent, anyway) are on. I believe that this movie is appropriate for anyone who has read the book, which starts and ends differently than the film. Yes, it is violent, but there's not much blood and gore and the battles are for a good cause. Note that there are times where supposedly characters die but this is just a misunderstanding or they survive; these typically don't happen in the book. The scale of the final battle is shown as dark (at night) and rainy, so very little is seen, and it involves a lot of crazy stunts that makes it really enjoyable to watch. But the messages highlighted in the CSM review are all present and the characters are very moral, though Faramir, one of the most beloved characters in the book, acts very differently and has moral conflictions but understands what's right and the end. I love how Tolkien (and Jackson) emphasized how the role of women (like Eowyn, who wants to prove herself and doesn't like being told she is a girl and must stay out of battle) and those who are younger (like Merry and Pippin or hobbits in general, who also carry out valiant deeds and prove themselves) were often underestimated, even in medieval settings. Anyway, there's also a brief kissing scene in a dream between Aragorn and Arwen--whose character is very built up in the movies--but nothing too extensive.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Less slow than "The Fellowship of the Ring"; slightly more intense/violent/brutal.

My rating: PG-13 for some sequences of intense epic battle violence including frightening images.
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2011

ages 12-all

love this movie there is 1 huge battle scene at the end wich is violent orcs r scary for kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 15, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense epic battle sequences, and strong violence throughout.
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2010

most likely best LOTR movie. ever.

5 STARS!!! most likely the bloodiest, goriest LOTR movie. perfect :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 2, 2010

Outstanding sequel

Although very dark, "The Two Towers" is such a well-made sequel to the 1st iconic movie in the beloved LOTR series. It blends special effects so surreally with live action its outstanding. This is my least fav of the trilogy, but that's only because this is an incredibly good series.
Kid, 7 years old July 11, 2010

Teen, 15 years old Written byimawesomebroski July 2, 2010

awesome movie, scary and bloody, disturbing images, highly epic and intense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiheartchocolate198 April 28, 2010

Intense and gripping movie. Parents shouldn't be too worried.

I know, the movie is packed with intense scenes and fighting, but you see almost no blood. There are no curse words, and only one kiss. There is a lot of franchise related to the movie, but no advertising in the actual movie. There's no drinking or use of drugs. From time to time, the characters smoke tobacco, nothing too bad. There are good role models, helping their friends, using their wits to help overcome obstacles, brave and caring. Has positive messages, fighting for what you believe in, in spite of death. I love this movie. It is quite long, but even me, the most restless person ever, was not able to turn it off until the very end. It's very emotional, many people die, but I find it amazing. I think 13+ is an okay age, because, believe me, kids at 13 see things much worse than that.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2010

Good for teens, but not for any younger.

This is an O.K. movie, but it has a weird, gross orc-eating scene, and then some decapitating and stabbing. It's worse than the first, so don't see it until you're a teenager.
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2009

Good Message Bad Violence

This movie is the worst of the series.
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2009

LOTR Hasn't Disappointed Me Yet!

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE! I am a fantasy geek and I love LOTR. I like when the orcs head is on the stick. I called him a "shish kabob" My dad started cracking up. Gollum's eyes kinda creep me out though. :P
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan November 4, 2009

Really good movie, but very violent

This movie is outstanding and the battle sequences are all top notch. The music, voice acting, make up etc. are all much better than most movies and the messages and characters are very uplifting. As can be assumed, battles are fairly graphic. This movie is not too bad with blood and guts and usually just show people being stabbed and then falling without showing the after-effects of the inflicted wound. However, in one particularly gross scene, an orc is pretty much torn to shreds by other orcs and organs can be seen flying through the air. If you can ignore that scene though, this is a really good movie. Watch it.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2009

loving it

great movie and it has great action in it it is violent but ok for mature kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna312 September 2, 2009

my least favorite of da series but still totally cool!

this is my least favorite of the series but still deserves five stars.it gets pretty violent but not that grafic (not that much blood, but just the idea can creep u out). and gullum is creapy but not really scary. so i saw it when i was about ten and i wanted to cover my eyes sometimes but now im not scared at all and i love it! this is a must see.
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2009

AWESOME!!

I like the ending battle