All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2010

Violence mildly disturbing

I enjoyed the movie very much, but the violence is mildly disturbing for some. Mature kids 9+, immature kids 14+
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

This movie was amazing and I deffinently cried. It was one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. I think 11 year olds shouldnt watch this. She dies by getting raped, which is a mature subject. There wasn't any nudity at all except for a man's bare chest. Surprisingly there wasn't alot of bad lanuage just really mature and disturbing scenes. The "F" word was barely understandable because it was muttered. There really wasn't anything else though. It is a great movie for 12+ year olds. The parents are role models because they don't give up on her daughters murder case and they find a way to cope with thier loss of thier daughter. I would recomend this to any preteen or teen kids. But be prepared to cry.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2010

Very Good

The Lovely Bones is a very good movie but also a little creepy. I think it's sending a good message to kids to not talk to strangers even if they bribe you with something or if something sounds very appealing. It has a little violence in it because Bryan is hitting Mr. Salmon with a baseball bat. There's a little conflict with Grandma Lynn smoking and drinking in front of her grandchildren. Overall I'm 11 and I saw the movie with my mother and I recommend it because I think kids our age can handle what this movie's message is sending.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCyonnara April 4, 2010

This movie was very well done I do not know why critics hated it so much but I personally loved it, it would be alright for a younger teenager to watch this but beware though there isn't much "violence" but there are a lot of disturbing content
Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2010

Weird, but good!

Here's a tip: Never go somewhere we you and a creepy 40 year old guy will be alone. Lol, the movie's weird, and hard to understand. I suggest read the book first. I love it though! P.S Take my tip as a gaze of the movie. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieLover1222 March 25, 2010

For mature audiences

I really liked this movie. Although you need to be mature enough to see this.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2010

Great Movie!!

It was great,but also very sad.Watching it with my Mom,we almost cried if it got any sadder.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 1, 2011

I couldn't sleep after seeing this movie. I found it extremely disturbing, and it was the first time that had ever happened to me.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for disturbing content throughout.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2010

Great movie directed by Peter Jackson.

This movie was hunting and a great drama horror story. This movie sat with me all through the night. Positive stuff...... Pretty much the story tells you the connections that people make when someone dies. The arguments that people have. The lovely bones they discover. Concerns: Violence: You see Susie shoved around by Mr.Harvey. Her father is beat up by a teenager. We see a black bag dragged along the floor, the corner is dripping blood. You see Mr. Harvey soak in a bath splattered with blood. We see a man fall down a cliff covered in blood. You see other victims' body parts. Sex: Not too bad. Just some kissing. Swearing: P word, D word, H word I say if you have encountered a recent death SEE THIS MOVIE.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° December 15, 2010

scary, but beautiful

I actually think it really was depressing and a little scary; I was 13 years old when I saw this movie and I was a little afraid that someone in my street might do the same thing; cause for this character, it is just a man in her str and he's a psychopath or whatever. And after, he wants to kill her sister to and that is what Ii think the most scary part. He creates a whole trap and well yeah, i don't have to explain. But I definitely don't regret that i saw it and it gives a great message. Don't be afraid to die, it's not the end. I think that gives hope to people who lost someone.
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2010

So sad, So good

I was 10 when it came out and i watched it on the internet it's not very scary i've watched scary movies sense before i could talk. I like the people in it because the good people dealt with the death. I really like it, it's a little sad though :[
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2010

So magical! So tragic! So Lovely Bones!

This is probably one of the most mystical movies I have ever seen! I mean, even the transitions from scene to scene were astounding! It blows my mind that Tucci or even Saiorse didn't receive an Oscar! Beware, this film is intensely creepy! Not scary, just creepy. NOT for kids! Any mature 12 year old can handle it though. CSM was way too strict about this movie. It sends a message that this can happen to anyone, and you shouldn't talk to strangers. There is one part that is so sad because **SPOILER ALERT** when it shows the young girls that Mr. Harvey killed, one of them is six! And then at the end of the scene, she says her name. Whoa, that was deep! Anyways, other than the bad role model of the grandma (drinking, smoking) and the violence, this movie is FANTASTIC and it's mature also, so know your kids before letting them see it. It takes a lot to handle this. It may be hard to understand midway, but in the end it all fits together. Also, I think the ending was underdone (is that a word?). They could of done a lot with it, but failed. But, still see this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 February 27, 2010

Awesome drama

Very good movie, sad, but it proves never to talk to strangers. Very good graphics
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

The Lovely Bones: A good, yet borderline R movie

The Lovely Bones is a movie that will make an impression. Stanley Tucci is horrifying in the role as a serial killer. Mark Wahlberg and Saorise Ronan match him with emotionally deep performances. Jackson's direction is not as acute as normal, the movie is uneven in parts trying to pull together spellbinding afterlife with cruel realities. Yet the acting and visuals are strong enough to keep the film afloat. Note to parents: The subject matter is far too intense for 13 and under. There is not too much graphic violence here, but there is in pockets. The worst part of the movie is where the girl is trapped with the killer in a claustraphobic environment. The scene was strong enough to which I almost fast-forwarded through it. Even some adults may be disturbed by it. Older teens only.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011

If your looking for good role models and positive messages this is not the movie for you

its a great and beuatifully acted movie that i have seen many times before. It is a sad dark and confusing thriller about a child murder.In the movie you dont actually see her death but if you've read the book oyu know whats going on.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 15, 2011

A Strong Film

The Lovely Bones is definetly a movie that older tweens and young teens will die to see. The film is very good, sad, violent, and dramatic. Even though some Tweens may want to see this chilling tale i strongly recomend waiting until they are 13 or older so they can understand and enjoy the movie better. I would say no kid under 13 should see this movie and is a little iffy for young teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOnlooker January 25, 2012

One of those deep movies that touch the heart.

I'm a 13-year-old girl, and I watched this movie right after finishing the book in two days, after not being able to put it down. I see how it might not be suitable for some people, and I'm not just speaking about children here, but to me, this movie had a great impact. I used to laugh and joke about paedophiles and murder/rape cases, but this movie opened my eyes. It just seemed so real. Though you didn't see her get raped and murdered, if you read the book you could picture it all in your head. The surrealness of her family eating dinner while she was in agony, dying all alone, is something that places quite a heavy weight on the reader/watcher. In terms of sexual references, there's pretty much nothing in this movie. The only way to tell that she was raped was if you read the book. A young child can't understand this stuff, but I don't consider myself a young child. I'm 13, and I'm well old enough to watch and read this type of thing. The violence is a bit confronting, but it's the surroundings, and the atmosphere, that really put it out there. It's done splendidly and beautifully, and I think the special effects were done as best as possible. Kids my age, we lie in bed and wonder about what comes after death. This movie didn't clear anything up, but instead it showed me that life is too precious and pure to be gone after death. From now, my relationship with my family is more cherished. You may say it's just a movie, but it was as if I was experiencing reality itself. Everything just had the right amount of unfairness and despair for it to be reality. Overall, I highly recommend this movie (and the book) for those who want a highly moving experience that will have them in tears and enlightenment.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicislove December 1, 2011

gud message

they dont even show the murder and it has a freakiin good message.. reeaally awesomee... ;;)
Teen, 16 years old Written byP and L October 13, 2011

the grass field way to their home.

Precisely. This movie is awesome. For kids age 14 & up are consider to watch this movie. Because of it's love for both parents and child. They will appreciate what will happen also if they do this thing. This movie is a warning for some adolescence not talk to strangers.
Teen, 14 years old Written byscissorluv971 September 27, 2011

The saddest and best movie I've ever seen!!!! :D

I loved this movie!!!! It was so sad when the little brother said to the dad in the middle of the night "Papa. I saw Susie.." It was so sad!!!! I got really creeped out though because my math teacher last year looked a lot like the antagonist (Mr. Harvey)