All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Haunting mystery-drama examines a child's murder.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 16, 2011

Manages to be bad and creepy at the same time.

Wow. I watched this and was kinda scared, but then afterward was like wow that was horrible. The events didn't connect at all really and most of the characters were unnecessary. The dad becomes psycho and tries to whack someone that he thinks is the murderer. I mean really confusing and has some really creepy parts.
Adult Written byvwterry March 22, 2011

The Horror Years

For those who grew up in the seventies, this movie plays a bit like a horror version of The Wonder Years, an expanded version of that creepy elementary school child molestation film. Although it mercifully spares us some of the more gruesome details found in the novel, it is much too frightening and disturbing for young teens or younger children.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

book was better

i thought the book was better
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucas201 March 12, 2011

Awsome

This is a good movie and i like her message at the end when she says "i hope you all live a long and happy life",im reading the book too.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byThemaxieriddle March 12, 2011

beautiful movie!!!

I honestly love this movie. It is not meant to be a sad movie, nor is it meant to be a thriller. This movie is meant to be realistic, to open our eyes. It has a very intense plot, but it is a realistic one because in the real world, things like this happen all the time whether we hear about it or not.
Kid, 11 years old March 4, 2011

Sad Movie But, Use The Book As A Guide

I love this movie! I laughed and I cried and I smiled. this movie is a wonderful film that you should see. If you're confused try reading the book it explains alot that the movie didn't like susie's murder her relationship with her botfriend Lindsay and her boyfriend ect. I'm not even a quarter through the book and it cleared up alot so just recomending it as a guide but overall great movie
Kid, 12 years old February 28, 2011

the lovely bones is a very depresing film that builds up the tension well. the scene with all the dead bodies is sad and depressing as is the tone of the film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySgt.Pepper February 21, 2011

Good for mature kids.. Suspense and not much violence.

I saw it when it came out in theaters. My 10 year old brother saw it and he liked it. If your kids are ok with a little violence then it's fine. There isn't even much violence actually, just suspense. When she is lured into the cornfield room she tries to get away and is held back, but it doesn't actually show him murdering Susie. There is one scene where numerous dead girls are shown, all of them were murdered by Susie's killer. Some are dumped in mud, others by a road. This scene is sad and disturbing, but it doesn't show them being killed. I know some kids who probably wouldn't like this movie, but my younger brother wasn't frightened.There isn't much bad language at all, some smoking, no sexual content. It's a sad movie, but pretty appropriate. Some kissing is shown... but that's not really bad. So, I hope this helped a little.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011

i watched this with my friend.my dad tried watching but he couldnt get through it he had to leave the room while me and my friend where watching it.it was too sad for him.but me and my friend watched the whole thing and throughout almost the whole movie we are both crying like crazy. we just couldnt stop crying. the saddest movie i ever seen.it also kind make you wonder what secrets YOUR neighbor is hiding.
Teen, 15 years old Written byraenne January 3, 2011

intense tear-jerker

this movie is the absolute best. I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole movie! It's DEFINITELY a go!
Teen, 16 years old Written byCRITIC007 December 22, 2010

Beautiful movie but very mature. Dont let young kids watch this
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° December 15, 2010

scary, but beautiful

I actually think it really was depressing and a little scary; I was 13 years old when I saw this movie and I was a little afraid that someone in my street might do the same thing; cause for this character, it is just a man in her str and he's a psychopath or whatever. And after, he wants to kill her sister to and that is what Ii think the most scary part. He creates a whole trap and well yeah, i don't have to explain. But I definitely don't regret that i saw it and it gives a great message. Don't be afraid to die, it's not the end. I think that gives hope to people who lost someone.
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2010

Great Movie

I'm surprised that this is more for teens. It is COOL! I like it a lot. I'm shocked that I'm undereaged. My mom was conserned that I watched it. I don't think she expected me to like it a lot. My sister liked it too. She's ten years old. I like the movie a lot. Never read the book, but the movie is great. I was a sad movie, but I didn't cry. And it was funny. Cool movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClarissa-Rose November 14, 2010

I love this film. I think it is quite dark in places but also quite humours in others. I am 14 and I really think they have age-rated this film too highly, although I would not show it to younger children, I defiantly would not rate it a 16. It is a life-changing movie. It is also quite an educational movie with lots of moral topics, like never go off with strangers.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySACYUC October 21, 2010

Nothing new for the genre

Pretty bad, it is boring and repetitive, althought it have some good parts.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythekatfew October 21, 2010

thers a few thang i1. is that its sad 2.thers a littel language 3. thers a grand mother she drinks a lote 4. thers a part wher shey gets grabed but the merder sen but its off screen 5. thers a lot of blood .the move isen well put to gether it dont make sents at 1st but the end explans it to u the pont of the move is shes raped and killed ther reley no parts thats bad .
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2010

Ok for tweens NOT ok for young ones still in elementary school.

It was a REALLY good movie! I saw it and didn't think it was THAT bad. There was some inapropriate parts. And, the story and what it is mainly about is really sad. There are cuss words and kissing, and some violence.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Who would want to watch something this sad?

Seriously. This is one of the most depressing, anti-climactic movies ever made. I hated it, but that's just me. I wish I hadn't spent money on it. Others may consider it beautiful. I don't judge them, but I still thought this was dull, dark, and depressing. Oh, and as for the special effects sequences, there were just too many. Parents: This movie is about a child's off-screen rape and murder. There are also other acts of on-and-off-screen violence and sex, plus language. Bottom Line: Sad and slow, this is not a movie for action, comedy, or thriller fans. I honestly don't know who would want to watch this. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 14 years old Written byDhana September 27, 2010

A good movie with the murderer around the toppings.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLOLZ17 September 6, 2010

Great Movie, Not Age Appropriate

Love movie!! Movie is more appropriate than book. Some bloody scenes but thats about it.