All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Haunting mystery-drama examines a child's murder.

Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bygirl4natwolff August 10, 2010

Love this, but your younger children will be frightened.

I found this movie beautiful, and life-changing. I did not exactly find it disturbing, but my mother did. If you have a young daughter, this movie will make you more protective over your child.This is a story about a 14- year - old girl named Susie Salmon who gets raped and murdered. The raping is not shown however, and the murdering is shown with Susie laying on the ground,(you only see the side of her face), and the murderer beats her repeatedly, and it is implied that she is killed. Meanwhile, Susie's parents wonder why she is late for dinner. While Susie is dead, she sees the murderer in his bathroom, taking a bath in gray water. There is mud and blood everywhere, and this appears to be what he's doing after he kills Susie. Susie sees her charm bracelet hanging around the faucet of the bloody sink. A knife that was sitting on the sink drops to the floor, the murderer removes the washcloth off his face, looks at Susie with a CREEPY smile, Susie screams, and vanishes. I saw this picture when I was 12, PLEASE don't let your little ones (ages 2-11) see this! I found it amazing and well done and hardly disturbing, but all children experience it differently.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 8, 2010

Good mystery/thriller movie!

I'm not sure why the site reviewed this movie the way it did. IT is totally appropriate from all aspects starting with violence. the violence in this movie is fine for a PG-13 movie. There is a couplr scenes where blood is shown. Corpses are also shown. But this is not too bad for a PG-13 movie. The sex in this movie is kept to a down low. You know the girl is raped but it is not shown in the movie. It implies that she was sexually abused but nothing is shown. then other than that, it is movie where lessons can be learned. This movie illustrates that talking to 'strangers' is indeed bad. And that the love between a father and daughter is stronger than anything.
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

The Lovely Bones Is a Lovely Movie.

Ok I LOVE IT! 1st movie in my faves! If you like movies with a tiny bit of (very tiny) thrill, Drama, and a bit of comedy... this is the movie for U. I loved it. I couldn't take my eyes of it. Salmon (The girl who got murdred(THE ACTRESS WHO PLAYS HER)did a great GREAT job. The movie was perfetion!
Teen, 16 years old Written byminaj August 5, 2010

physco

i liked it alot but some parts were boring
Teen, 14 years old Written bynickiminaj5 July 22, 2010

very good movie

I love the movie.There is nothing nasty in the movie.The colors and pictures in the movie are really pretty.There is nothing so bad in this movie that you need to cover anyones eyes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwigirl1097 July 14, 2010

Loved it!! definatly one of the best movies ive ever seen. Im 12 and the rating says iffy for 16+ which is off
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2010

For teens

its a terriabel movie i hate it.
Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2010

it was a very sad movie with loss. but awesome movie!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

Okay for teens to see

This movie was so disturbing, although the ending was almost happy. I still think you should be at least 13 before seeing it. The death was very creepy and I almost wanted to throw up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byReportItCrabz May 29, 2010

Read the book before you see the movie! It makes more sence that way!

I read the book before I saw the movie so I knew what was going to happen. I was glad they didn't show Harvey rape her, show Lindsay have her intercourse with her lover or show the very fine details of the intercourse Susie has with Ray while she is in Ruth's body. They kept it very much to the book. but I absolutely HATED Holly's voice! She was SOOOOO ANNOYING!!! Plus, in the movie version she never meets the old lady which is a key impliment in the story. You really must read the book before you see this movie to understand it though...otherwise it really doesn't have a point. Its better a book than an unexplained movie. The Father in this story/movie is just like my dad, he would have done the same. I was kind of angry at why they didn't show the Mom's affair with Len Fennerman, this is KEY in the book as to the hatered the Father has for Len...all in all its complicated! LOL
Teen, 15 years old Written bykassidywhite11 May 16, 2010

I Don't Really Like It.

I Don't Really Like It And Her Change Of Scenery Alot.
Kid, 12 years old May 8, 2010

So magical! So tragic! So Lovely Bones!

This is probably one of the most mystical movies I have ever seen! I mean, even the transitions from scene to scene were astounding! It blows my mind that Tucci or even Saiorse didn't receive an Oscar! Beware, this film is intensely creepy! Not scary, just creepy. NOT for kids! Any mature 12 year old can handle it though. CSM was way too strict about this movie. It sends a message that this can happen to anyone, and you shouldn't talk to strangers. There is one part that is so sad because **SPOILER ALERT** when it shows the young girls that Mr. Harvey killed, one of them is six! And then at the end of the scene, she says her name. Whoa, that was deep! Anyways, other than the bad role model of the grandma (drinking, smoking) and the violence, this movie is FANTASTIC and it's mature also, so know your kids before letting them see it. It takes a lot to handle this. It may be hard to understand midway, but in the end it all fits together. Also, I think the ending was underdone (is that a word?). They could of done a lot with it, but failed. But, still see this movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2010

Sort of scary but good

This is a really good movie with a sad story. The killing scenes were scary but not too bloody. overall good movie,
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2010

The Death of Susie is Shown

Common sense said that the actual death of Susie was shown off screen, well yes the actual death is shown off screen but in flash backs and towards the end the death is pretty much shown. My aunt watched it and told me although I have not watched the movie and don't plan to until I'm older. Basically, the death is shown in some way or another. I have heard that it is a very good movie though!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrandonheaton April 27, 2010

Saoirse can act!

Very good. saoirse deverves an oscar. Very sad but these things do happen. Stanley Tucci is perfect.
Educator Written byyellowdiamond15 April 24, 2010

Good movie

Little kids woulnt get this movie. You need to put the pieces together to understand it. But overall very touching movie!
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

Good Movie but a little too violent

I really enjoyed this movie but little kids wouldn't really understand it. I think it was a little confusing at some parts but I won't give anything away. Some parts were really gross and gory but I think the message is really good to never go anywhere with a stranger. I liked this movie!
Teen, 17 years old Written byReanRossier April 21, 2010

The Lovely Movie

I loved this movie. Even thou it's really sad. This movie stars such good actors such as Saorise Ronan ( who plays Susie Salmon) and Stanley Tucci ( who plays Mr. Harvey) This movie did make me cry in some parts because Susie was just such a nice and great teenager. Is this movie basted upon a true story? I am not so sure. and also ( Dad I saw her. You no what son so did i. That was an inside joke by the waY. I also thought in some parts were bizzare but good.
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2010

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

I loved it! I think they rated this movie too strictly, the only thing that I would be concerned about is: The language and disturbing content. It shows dead bodies, ghosts, and violence. The movie is really sad, but is heart-warming. Anyone will enjoy it :)