All member reviews for The Lovely Bones

Haunting mystery-drama examines a child's murder.

Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress January 22, 2010

OMG I'm in LURVE

This movie is the best I've seen for 2010, and i usually can find at least one thing to crizice a movie on, but no! I loved this movie! THe only thing that was different was it was like the 14 year old was narrated so it didn't sound all proper and mature or as well writen, it sounded childish and, well, like a 14 year old wrote the story, but don't get me wrong, that was a good thing. It was refreshingly different, heart-warming, and just a good movie! I highly recomend it! To everyone! It is definetly apropriate for 12+
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2010

Great Movie!!

I loved this movie. It can be very saddening at times, but it is beautiful and suspenseful at others. The language was not strong, and never once during the whole movie did it say the "F" Word!! Overall, a great movie, I'm going back tomorrow to see it again!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 January 20, 2010

I actually thought this was a good movie. Although, it did have some violent scenes, including grabbing a girl and throwing her down. There is some blood, bloody knife, bloody sink. There is a part showing a man in a bathtub, everything is visible except for nono part which is covered by dark water. The "killer" takes advantage of girls from 6-15ish although not shown, but inferred throughout. This will teach your kid not to trust strangers though.
Parent of a 12, 16, and 17 year old Written byNatalie9718 January 19, 2010

Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

perfect for kids who can under stand the movie.

people at my church saw the movie but I read the book though .The book is great, so if the book is great the movie's great i'll buy four tickets for me and my sister and my friends. only if they want to see it. LOL! They want to see it.
Kid, 10 years old January 17, 2010

It made me cry!

It is a really good movie that is very sad and exciting!
Parent of a 4, 11, 12, 13, 15, and 16 year old Written by7mom7 January 17, 2010

Great movie!

I saw it with my oldest daughter, and it was amazing!
Adult Written bywonder dove January 17, 2010

Beautifully done!

I saw it three times! This movie is exceptional. Very heartwarming but intense, also seems very realistic even though it's labeled "fantasy". I think that a lot of points about death in this film is right on, you learn not be afraid and that there's life afterwords! We need more films like this. It's gripping & chilling at times, you get to see how serial killers live their lives and what may come back at them. It's very sad yet touching with great messages, I definitely enjoyed this and will purchase it when it goes out on DVD! My only complaint is that it's a tad slow in some areas. Highly recommended for families with kids 14++, older teenagers and all adults should appreciate this one.
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2010

All i can say is WOW

The movie was great.A bit creepy but amazing.They really didn't show much of how Susie died but from the objects around(bloody bag,knife of somesort)you knew it was a flashback.The father is a really good influence unlike some of the other characters,Mr.Harvey and Susie's friend who at the end ends up pregnant.It says in the review that there is an F-word but personally i didn't hear anything.I think it probably happened it one of those kind of parts where their just kinda mumbling and screaming and the audience is really just paying more attention to what the charactors are doing.Also in some like newspaper review that might have said that Mr.Harvey raped Susie but that really wasn't implied.For me there was about 2 creepy parts.1-The bathtub part(at one part it shows his whole body while in the bathtub but no body parts were shown except for his chest which you could see pretty low and a little bit of his legs.All his privete parts are in more cloudy part of the water)2-the part where it shows all the other victims from Mr.Harvey and where he dumped their bodies.If you do get to see the movie be sure to clap or cheer when MrHarvey dies at the end some other people will probably do it too or just follow you.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymomwith4kids January 16, 2010

everyone should see it

Teen, 13 years old Written bybasketballGurl101 January 13, 2010

gives a good moral lesson, on not giving up 12mature 13 up

I think it would be a good movie for 13 and up maybe 12 if mature. because the teaches us a valuable lesson on not giving in and not giving up, on what you think is impossible. not sayin just murder, but everyday life, like riding a bike, climbing a tree, or getting to work on time, gives me a positive attitude. also the father is a great rolemodel my not giving up on his daughter adn trying to solve this. and yes, the girl can be seen even though shes dead, but theres gonna be in most movies magic language but gonna have to look past, the world aint perfect and God didnt make us perfect. so overall i say this si a very good lesson and movie you should see. also good for if your daughter , son thinks something is impossible take a day and go see this with your child. 12 if mature 13 and up
Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2010

LOVE IT!
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2009

IDK?!?!

Im SO anxious for this movie to come out....Im one of those kid who is very intriuged by tragedies and want to solve them!!! Honestly, I dont know how gory it is but It pays of if the acting is outstannding! Yahoo!
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2009

This was the greatest film of 2009 and is beautifully crafted and entertaining. Perfect for mature 12 year olds
Adult Written byterra100 December 23, 2009

I went to a screening of this film in Hollywood, with Q&A afterward with the cast and the director. This film is for mature audiences, including mature young adults. I took my 15 1/2 year old daughter with me, but she is mature in her thinking for her age -- more like a 19-21 year old. She is also an artist and studies film and animation. This film is INTENSE but absolutely gorgeous. It is a heart-stopping thriller in Hitchcock style. I never read the book, so I can't say how the two match up. But, the movie is incredibly visual. The acting is also superb. The film is more of an art piece -- have patience -- because there is so much symbolism to tell the story. Stanley Tucci, who plays the bad guy, is going to get an Oscar nomination for his amazing performance, mark my words. The lovely bones, according to the director during the Q&A, are to mean the love that people had for each other -- in spite of such a tragedy -- and how they ended up finding love again; watch for how this plays out at the end of the movie and the choices people make. The messages and emotions are deep. Lots to think about after the film in terms of dealing with tragedy and how important family is. Susan Sarandon steels the film with her "grandma" performance!