All member reviews for The Lucky Dragon

Awful voice acting makes this anime unwatchable.

Parent of a 11 year old Written bysewsilly February 1, 2015

Random is "I'll make gloves!"

The line from the movie that is quoted in PhantomVulpix's review has become our family's go-to phrase for when we just need to say something random. For that, I will always treasure this movie. Otherwise, it's awful.
Adult Written byPhantomVulpix November 30, 2013

90 Confusing Minutes That We'll Never Get Back

okay. so, three of us (early twenties girls) sat down to watch this on netflix. we tend to enjoy poorly made movies. this seemed right up our alley. EVEN WE COULDN'T STAND IT. the only reason we even finished was because we'd spent enough time on it already. we were invested. the translation is abysmal. the voice actors didn't deserve to be paid. whoever was doing the subtitles made some subtle but important errors, resulting in the one swear word of the film. the plot......I'm still not really sure there was one. if there is, it was certainly well hidden. oh, and in two probably very important scenes close to the beginning, THERE WAS NO DIALOGUE. the character's mouths were moving, but we don't have a clue what was said. and it probably would have explained everything we needed to know. the ending was predictable and very abrupt. if you've seen Disney's Hercules, then you've already seen the end of this movie. we actually rather liked the animation, except during action scenes where it seemed a little jumpy. oh yes, and the single most random line of the whole thing, which we highly doubt was said in the original Chinese: "wait! come back! I'll make gloves!!"