All member reviews for The Mask of Zorro

Competently made action-adventure epic.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Caution! Very Gory

The head being severed is off screen but latter in the film you are shown a close up of the head and hand of the hero's brother in jars! Both the nemesis and the hero drink from this jar! This was very disturbing for our daughter. We stopped the film. Some scenes are cartoonish but not these parts.
Teen, 15 years old Written by98Lynny February 26, 2014

It's Fine

My teacher let us watch it in Spanish class and there was nothing wrong with it. It just really depends on what you or your child has issues with in movies.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I was jumping up and down.

Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2012

Great! But a bit shocking. Iffy for 10 and under.

My Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action violence, some smoking, and a few suggestive references. Violence-4/5 Pretty violent/sometimes disturbing I should say. Multiple people get stabbed in the chest with swords (one with blood). One rather disturbing scene a character presents a severed head and hand in a jar off-screen. Lots of "Ow! That has to hurt!" moments. Sex-3/5- In one scene that takes place in a dessert, two men are tied up with there bodies lying in the cactus frontward naked. It's Shown from behind. 'New' Zorro comically showing his swashbuckling results of a girls top off. No nudity but she covers her breast from a hat. Also one very memorable innuendo, two characters challenging to a playful sword fight and fall in love joke about there 'special purpose' since they had before, referring to love. Language-1/5- D*mn is as salty as it gets. Drugs/alchahol/smoking-3/5- basically, the master Zorro smokes with a pipe. Drinks are offered at a ball.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

A Fun and Rousing Adventure!

THE MASK OF ZORRO is a fun movie, but not for all. Violence is the biggest issue in the film. Swordfights, duels, deaths, and big flashy explosions populate this adventure. One scene very briefly shows a man's decapitated head and hand floating in water. The violence is mostly without gore. Language consists of one use of "d**n". Sex consists of one very brief shot of several men's bare behinds, and one playful scene where Elena's top is cut off (but no nudity shown at all). It's a fun, rousing adventure that makes a good family movie, but I wouldn't show it to sensitive kids. Recommended.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoluxe April 9, 2008

Would be a great movie if they took out one scence

I watched this movie with my family and I suprsingly liked it. It was great, except for the part when the blond guy takes out Alejandro's brothers head. That was very disturbing and unexpected.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

better than the second one

luved it :-D the part where the head and hand are shown in jars is sooo fake. everything else is just action vioence. this movie is a lot more serious and action filled than the second one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAqua-marine!!! January 9, 2012

The Mask of Zorro

It is an exiting fun movie to me. I watched it many years ago when i was nine or younger. i loved it and became one of my favoerite all time movies. there were some scenes of violence and one scene shows a dead man's head and hand floating in a jar of water. Language consists of one use of "d*mn" but i don't think that it was said to much. Sex consists of one shot of several men's bare behinds near the begining, and one playfull duel scene where Elena's dress is cut off (but no nudity shown at all) while she was fighting with the young Zorro. There was also some kissing in that scene and some other scenes also. Near the end of the movie there were some scenes of people getting abused by whips. I think It's a fun, exciting adventure that makes a good family movie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byGoodSSJ May 6, 2011

Some Of The Action Can Be Iffy For Ages 2+

A Lot Of Violence But Its Still A Super Awesome Movie About A Old Hero Letting Another Person Become The New Hero
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

Kid, 9 years old August 14, 2014

good movie

good movie the violence isn't that bad but some good role models
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2011

The Mask Of Zorro

I was a very geursome movie. A lot of people died and it was very scarey. I had to lock all the doors after the movie. It is a good movie for adults but for kids like myself i dont recimend it. Sorry for all the bad spelling.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybgirl Missy August 30, 2011

One of my favourite movies of all time!!

The hand and head in a jar is seriously disturbing and quite a few ppl r killed. But awsum sword fighting and action scenes!!!! Catherine Zeta Jones looks stunning in this movie, even more so than in the second. Antonio Banderas and his character's brother fight men of the law and strip them naked and strap them to bamboo, but only their behinds are shown. In one scene Antonio strips Catherine down to the waist but nothing is shown as she uses his hat and her extremely long hair to cover up. A passionate kiss follows. Other than that, nothing really that bad. Id even say that its iffy for age 9.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 May 22, 2011

this film is an action epic, featuring mostly sword fighting and some significantly intense moments of violence and (cartoonish) gore. The film is not suitable for any child who is easily upset by intense action or simulated gore. Teenagers are its target audience, but not much in the film would bother younger children that are used to Hollywood action clichés.