All member reviews for The Matrix Revolutions

Trilogy finale has same heavy violence, weaker script.

Adult Written bygavin m. jackson April 9, 2008

The Matrix Trilogy Goes Out With A Bang

Matrix Revolutions is the best possible conclusion to the Matrix trilogy. It pulls no fast ones, and leaves viewers with a resolution, but still unrest. This is one of the few movies, such as Phsyco minus the end phsyciatrist and SIgns, that keeps building tension through the end of the film. Most of our questions are answered, and the characters stay true to their motives. The fight for Zion is the scariest scene in film this year. The tension and anticipation for smith/neo oracle/architect and zion/machines battles created during the first two films and Reloaded especially makes the action scenes in this movie so effective. Matrix could not stay true to its science fiction roots and be an action film. But Reloaded and Revolutions strike the balance perfectly with their video game dialogue and epic scenes that fill viewers with wonder. The Matrix is a trilogy with three masterpieces. Revolutions does not pale in comparison with its predecessors.
Adult Written bysimone April 9, 2008

extremely entertaining but in a whole, relatively weak

The Matrix Revolutions is very entertaining while watching in the theater, mostly because of an amazing use of technology and the development of some characters (noteably Niobe), and because the tremendous amount of violent action adds to the rush of being in the theater. However, its plot and dialogue were ultimately unsatisfying. After the excitement of the first Matrix, its many vitues, which included complexity and simplicity molded into one amazing plot, and its unforgettable characters, were hard to beat. Revolutions finally finishes with a bitter-sweet end that leaves you missing the first film of this declining trilogy.
Adult Written byShatterd April 9, 2008

Awesome Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Matrix Revolutions is a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2010

Very and Extremely Wonderful

Um...yeah, I saw this. My dad was with me the whole time and I had to go out in one scene and my dad fast-forwarded a few sexual parts. But this was wonderful. Second one is even better. This got my heart to stop beating at some parts. I loved this! P.S. Lots of language no one--but especially YA and children should not use! No sexual behavior that I saw...but my daddy said in the second one there is.
Adult Written bygbeckwith April 9, 2008

Strong proactive women and diversity rule

This review applies to all 3 films in the Matrix Trilogy.Although the Matrix series contains some graphically violent scenes, they are done poetically (think "Crouching Tiger") so that their artistic value comes through more than raw aggression. The Matrix series gave us a chance to discuss some interesting facts of life with our son such as impermanence, the illusory quality of appearances and the basic goodness and wholesomeness of life. I would strongly recommend that parents preview the Matrix series before allowing your kids to watch. It may be appropriate for some and completely inappropriate for others regardless of age. I would also recommend having a good conversation and debriefing after viewing to clear up any misconceptions about the reality of the "poetic violence" and to discuss some of the interesting philosophical ideas. Women and people of color are stong, brave, wise and proactive in the movies and the cast is totally diverse. There are some wonderful role models here. "The Matrix" was by far the strongest film in the series with Reloaded and Revolutions quite a bit weaker. Most of the characters and philosophical ideas were fully developed in "The Matrix". In the subsequent 2 films, the plot got muddled and characters seemed tired with the special effects taking center stage.
Adult Written byquest133 April 9, 2008

This is for a 15 year-old only but great

Unliek the first this one has one grotesk sexual dance party awy from that it was good. I would let a 14 year-old see it if that danc seen wasen't in it but thats the ay it go'sI guess.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylordmax April 9, 2008

I think the best of the 3

I dont see why people say this one has the weakist plot. I think its a bit predictable and slow, but good nontheless. The action is some of the best in the series (has gunplay, brawling, and giant robots fighting the machines). It has taken the #2 spot of my fave. action movies.
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

great movie 14 and over

yo the action in this movie killed me truth is that this would be the best matrix movie ever made but there a sad part at the end but that doesn't make it a bad movie a mature 14 can watch it if. great movie
Parent of a 9 year old Written byjaredfaux August 11, 2009

perfect for sci-fi lovers that are mature

a very predictable, violent and rough end to a good series. one main character is killed in a brutal way, and strong throughout the entire movie makes it a teen only show
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bycrystal April 9, 2008

Matrix Revolutions, the third installment of the Matrix trilogy, is a must see for those who have seen Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded. The movie is filled with incredible special effects and fight scenes, and the love scenes from Reloaded have been replaced with shorter, more touching ones. However, due to the violence and profane language, it would not be recommended for young children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Final Matrix is a let down

I was really hoping for something better. This movie lacked the creative power found in the first and second movies, and while it did a mediocre job of providing a conclusion to the trilogy, it didn't add anything to the storyline. It didn't have enough matrix action, and the few parts it did have weren't very good. The Oracle, now a different actor, did well, as did Hugo Weaving as Smith, but most of the other actors were exceptionally marginal at best. The battle for Zion was great in special effects, and would have been cool if it hadn't dragged out for an hour. One character dies in an extremely bloody and gory way, while most only die in a bloody way. The final fight scene was WAY to corny and stretched out, though it did include some good dialouge. Very little sex, but horrific violence in some parts. Lots of language, also. I would have liked to see more of Morpheus and the Architect, as well as more of the Matrix itself. Overall, the movie was just barely passable.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2009

No worries!

Like all of the Matrix movies, VIOLENCE AND CURSING ARE ISSUES!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe-Edge April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

Weakest of them all? Bah! Those guys are on something strong...

The Matrix Revolutions has to be about ten times better than Reloaded, and equal to or a bit better than the original. I have no idea how anyone could think this was the worst movie in the trilogy! It has a hell of a lot more story than the second one, and has an incredibly epic feel, especially during the war at Zion. One of the things lacking in the second one was a lack of emotion and humanity, especially in the fight scenes. Revolutions has brought this all back and draws you in deeply, so you feel like your fighting the war for Zion, and you really want the humans to win. The violence is less than in Reloaded, but more than MAtrix. They've added a fair amount of blood (spurting from the bodies, graphic wounds on people), but the Wachowski brothers also took out the pointless sex. Language is the same as always: the "s" word mostly, with some "bastards" and "asses" thrown in their during the war. If your kid saw the second one, than this is probably alright. But otherwise, I know I am mature for my age, this might not be alright for all teens. But hey, if they can see "R" movies, than this is perfectly fine. It actually isn't that bad comapred to other movies, such as Saving Private Ryan. Mature Teens and Up. PS: SEE IT!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! REALLY GOOD!!!! RUNNING OUT OF WORDS TO USE!!!!
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 August 28, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

Parent Written byPlague March 2, 2010

The Matrix Revolutions

Less epic than the first and second, and plot is weaker and less interesting. But altogether, a barable movie that some can still enjoy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya August 7, 2011

good

good, but not enough neo, trinity or morpheus, and the script was weak. lots of blood, death and violence, plus some s-words. neo and smith fight was cool.