All member reviews for The Matrix

Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2012

good movie

This is the perfect movie for families with small children. The agents were so friendly that my adopted children kept asking if there was a "Wachowski-land" theme park. I could hardly believe it when I learned that it was all real!!!
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2011

Should not be R

This movie should not be R, first off, the violence does not consume the movie, and there is only one weird/gross part in the whole thing. You should (if you are a parent) let your kid watch this because in my mind, indiana jones has 3 times the violence
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2011

C-

Cool i guess
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2011

Awesome Movie

There are fight scenes, sure. But that's all they are. Fight scenes. Punches and kicks. There are a few times where there are guns, but it's not gory at all. I would say the worst scene is where a weapon meant for machines is used against humans and burns their skin, but all you can see are just some bumps and black marks. No sex, just some kissing and very minor language. Some of the themes are a little hard to understand for younger kids though. All in all, classic movie that will never get old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysasuke the awsome November 1, 2011

10 blood-spattered stars.... or are they??

"THE MATRIX" the two words that now (in parent language) translate in to "Gorey horror-fest full of blood&death" well you might want to re-watch it because it has a lot of violence and some icky bug scenes but over all 99% of the violence is non-stop kung-fu action that while bloody has no gore what so ever and is certainly not "spattered" the matrix is an awesome movie that i saw at 13 and was fine but it really depends on the kids/young-adults. i LOVED it and its amazing
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2011

Amazing fight scenes, a lot of violence and some language and sex, mature 11 year olds up

This is a great movie with a lot of hand to hand and gun fights but not much blood. There is some language, some uses of s--t, goddamn and other words of that level. There is a scene with some scantily clad characters and some cleavage. The fight scenes are really well done and the fighting style is just phenomenal. In short, The Matrix is an excellent action-packed film with a decent story and some innapropriate content. Well worth watching for mature 11 year olds and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimyrynr October 10, 2011

13 and up

Great movie, tons of intense violence though. I must have missed the "scantily clad" scene, don't remember that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 27, 2011

Science Fiction masterpiece has its violent content

First of all, i think this movie should have been rated PG-13. There is no strong violence. People get shot throughout the movie, some martial arts. In the most violent sequence, several characters in a building get shot. Extreme body count, but nothing graphic. A knife is thrown at a charater's face (not graphic). This movie is great for what it is: a highly philosophical, skillfully written and thought-provoking science fiction movie, that also features effects that are even better than most effects used nowadays.
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

Good But Violent

When I watched this me and my family didn't know it was rated R, I normally can't see anything above PG-13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKoreanRabbit July 27, 2011

great

Mindblowing movie! It is good for any mature 11 year old. Some iffy violence but your adolescent.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya July 22, 2011

great

violent and s--t
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2011

super good movie some parts are hard to fallow

its fine for kids 9/10. I saw it when I was 9 I fallowed most of it but some parts were hard to understand. I love it highly recomended!!! Its one of my favorites
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2011

really good

it was actually a preety good movie my dad got me the trilogy and the animatrix so i watched and i have to say the first one is the best and has the least sex
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2011

It... Is... AWESOME!!

Firstly, The Matrix is AMAZING! My friends had been telling me about it on a school trip, and I desperately wanted to see it. I bought it at a second hand shop on video, and when I saw it was 15 rated I was slightly worried, I'd never watched a 15 before. We did watch it in the end, and my worrying was for nothing. I wasn't scarred for life or anything, and there isn't anything particularly scary in it that will stop you from sleeping for weeks afterwards. There is a gross scene where the hero (Neo) has his mouth covered with a sort of sticky stuff, and then get a sort of scorpion inserted through his belly button. A kid age 10 maybe wouldn't be able to handle that, and I felt a bit sick afterwards. It's over quickly though, and there isn't anything else like that in the rest of the movie. There is extreme violence, but it's mainly in a non-reality world where the characters don't draw blood most of the time, and you know it's not real because they float in the air and stop time and things like that. There's a lot of shooting too, but the killing is mostly off screen and there isn't any close ups of people getting shot. One person The Oracle, who is just an old lady baking cookies, smokes. This scene only lasts about 5 minutes. Yes, there is a scene where one man drinks wine, but that only lasts for about 5 minutes too. There are no drugs or anything as far as I can remember, but there is bad language, butit only goes as far as Sh** and "Goddamn" Anyway, I found this movie really awesome, way better than my friends were explaining. I'd give it a 10/10 if I had to rate it. :)
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2011

A bit violent, but with good messages and role models (mostly)!

This movie is a bit violent, but its nothing more mature kids can't handle. It has some good messages in it. Even when Morpheus was captured the Agents, and the others wanted to kill him before he gave them any information, Neo was determined to get him out of there and did. He never gave up on his friend and saved Morpheus's life. The violence and swearing in this is definatly PG-13 and not R.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 4, 2011

meant for teen kinda confusing

i love this movie its action packed and totally cooolll!
Teen, 16 years old Written byArchanos April 24, 2011

Ok something kids over ten can easily watch.

When I first saw the matrixI was twelve, and I fell in love with the entire trilogy. The violence isn't too bad. Sure there's blood but the more violent parts are brief. It's nothing a pre-teen can't handle. It's fantastic with special effects and cool action, not to mention that the plot is great. Personally I think that the R-rating is a bit shaky. While the language is a bit heavy I have seen lower rated movies that have worse language. It would be rated more accurately as a heavy PG-13. All in all I enjoyed it, a definite buy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byslim shady rocks April 16, 2011

oh come on so there a bunch of action it wont kill you this such agood movie and it is way over rated!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 9, 2011

Complex sci-fi thriller is perfect for teens.

Violence- 9/10 Sexual Content- 2.5/10 Language- 3/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

This movie is a great futuristic sci-fi movie. But, it's pretty violent.