All teen and kid member reviews for The Matrix

Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2011

A bit violent, but with good messages and role models (mostly)!

This movie is a bit violent, but its nothing more mature kids can't handle. It has some good messages in it. Even when Morpheus was captured the Agents, and the others wanted to kill him before he gave them any information, Neo was determined to get him out of there and did. He never gave up on his friend and saved Morpheus's life. The violence and swearing in this is definatly PG-13 and not R.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycinnagurl May 4, 2011

meant for teen kinda confusing

i love this movie its action packed and totally cooolll!
Teen, 16 years old Written byArchanos April 24, 2011

Ok something kids over ten can easily watch.

When I first saw the matrixI was twelve, and I fell in love with the entire trilogy. The violence isn't too bad. Sure there's blood but the more violent parts are brief. It's nothing a pre-teen can't handle. It's fantastic with special effects and cool action, not to mention that the plot is great. Personally I think that the R-rating is a bit shaky. While the language is a bit heavy I have seen lower rated movies that have worse language. It would be rated more accurately as a heavy PG-13. All in all I enjoyed it, a definite buy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byslim shady rocks April 16, 2011

oh come on so there a bunch of action it wont kill you this such agood movie and it is way over rated!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 9, 2011

Complex sci-fi thriller is perfect for teens.

Violence- 9/10 Sexual Content- 2.5/10 Language- 3/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

This movie is a great futuristic sci-fi movie. But, it's pretty violent.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjessica.horsecrazy February 17, 2011

Where'd you get the 14+ from?!

I love this movie. The acting is brilliant, as is the storyline and special effects. Most of the main characters are good role models as they are loyal, determined and care about each other (apart from Cipher, who betrays his friends and kills all but three of them). However, there is no way that this is a 14+ movie. First of all, on the disk, there are two age ratings. One says 15+ and the other says 18+. The romance (two gentle kisses) is not so much of a problem, as is the Oracle's smoking and the few swear words. The biggest issue is the violence and intensity. There's a lot of gun play and blood. Morpheus is brutally beaten up in one scene and then tortured. Neo is shot at least five times and shoots several other men. There's also this creepy bug that's implanted into his stomach. Gross. I also remember the scene where Cipher kills Dozer and nearly kills Tank (you see a lot of charred flesh). Don't get me wrong, though. It's an AWESOME movie, but just NOT a 14+.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process January 22, 2011

Very interesting!

The movie has created another world where nothing is real, and everything is just a computer program. Awesome! However, the script could have been a little better.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2010

Best Movie in The Whole Wide World

Though I'm 10 Years Old there's no movie better than The Matrix in my opinion.The end really Thrilled Me because Neo dies and comes back to life. It was funny when Neo stole a guy's phone. But Kids under the age of 10 should not see it. This Movie should have been rated PG-13 not R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Highly Reccomend this Movie A Bit higher than Star Wars.
Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2010

SICK MOVIE - WATCH THIS !

A SICK ACTION MOVIE! This is proper nice, and not as bad as its saying, although its still violent with guns and punches and stuff, but its not intense, its exciting, i mean its not a horror, and OKAY it does swear here and there with the Sword,but its kinda funny, I dunno if the people whos seen it thinks this but i do. GREAT MOVIE THOUGH, WATCH THIS.
Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2010

The Best Sci Fi Flick EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Matrix is a great movie, but some kids may not get it. The action/violence is AWESOME!!! Nothing a tween/teen couldn't handle. The language isn't too bad...no f bombs. A few kisses. My rating would be PG-13 for Intense Sci Fi Action Violence, Language, Some Frightening Images, and Thematic Material.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2010

good for teens

the matrix is a really violent movie. There's lots of killing. there is also a really gross scene where a bug go's into a man's stomach. there are lots of uses of s**t and godd**n which can be to much for yunger kids. And though the movie has no f-words, there is tons of swearing (counting the f-word) in the music. the movie can also be very confusing at times. so i recemend this movie for ages 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 August 28, 2010

seems okay though

this movie has alot of violence, i hope teens are gonna handle watching this!
Kid, 12 years old August 22, 2010

WUZB UP

Very good movie. Common sense is for over reactor parents!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2010

This was an awesome and visually stunning movie but got a little boring in the middle. The reason for the R rating is because of the intensity but it's like every other PG-13 action film. 9 or 10+ if they can handle violent sci fi films
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 9, 2010

Complex but rewarding

This is a movie that everyone tells their friends to see cuz "IT'S AWESOMEEEEEE!" I caved and saw the movie and initally was very confusing. What am I saying, the whole movie was extremely hard to understand. It makes sense though, the point they're trying to get across, but like "The Truman Show" it made me question reality for a while and made me feel a little paranoid. You'll regret not seeing "Matrix," but for me it's no masterpiece.
Teen, 16 years old Written byapple boy 2 July 19, 2010

bigger kids will love this movie

teamwork, mild violence, mild language, great movie
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

I loved this movie I havn't seen a bad Keanu Reeves movie yet, but the language is pretty bad in this movie, and also the scene at the end when Neo gets shot and all the blood was on the wall.
Teen, 15 years old Written byguitar_grrrl June 25, 2010

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!! I will admit I HATE SCARY MOVIES! But this one did not bother me. We watched it one of my classes at school towards the end of the year. I was a little freaked out by the bug that enters Neo through his belly button.... it is a little gross. As far as drinking and drugs there is a scene towards the beginning where they are pictured in a bar/club and people are shown drinking , smoking, and having a good time..... There is A LOT of violence in this movie. However there is not a lot of blood. Many guns are fired and people are shown being killed there are not many gory scenes. Some blood is seen coming from Neo's mouth when he is punched in the face. This movie is very exciting and keeps you on the edge of your seat and begging for more. For those of you teenage girls who love romantic movies.... surprisingly this is one of those that at the end you WILL be smiling and going AUHHHHH! I highly recommend this movie for anyone who can handle a little action violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzayzin June 25, 2010

A Classic.

Very well directed! Lot of people die in the movie. Some scare images. Main character gives the finger once throughout the movie. Great storyline! Boys around the age of 13 would love it!