Parent reviews for The Meg

Lots of shark-movie clichés and violence, not many thrills.

Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 8, 17, and 17-year-old Written byParzival _12 September 7, 2018

The Meg is dumb

this is a predictable cliche was OK but bad when I saw it the second time don’t bother

Parent of a 17-year-old Written byGamer Ratings September 2, 2018

Good Movie

This is a good movie if you like sharks. It has normal shark behavior and it's not like they make it up. Its a good movie to see if you like sharks are your 10+. 9 years old is probably ok with an adult present. There's not that much blood. Just some bad injuries. Great Movie!

Adult Written byurlex September 1, 2018
A fun and entertaining film with sadly little depth and character to Statham and the shark and for that matter everyone except for the little girl. Sadly, Statham having a 1 on 1 doesn't create the entertainment that they wanted to make, it just made it funny. No one looks surprised that they are up against a megalodon, in fact, they just brush over it. Also, the beach scene is nothing new. Where this film does shine is that the characters have no escape and the only way they can prevail is by killing the shark. Which Statham does in a very unbelievable way.
Adult Written byILSarah August 27, 2018
Parent of a 13-year-old Written byLisNZ August 26, 2018

My 12 year old loved it, I didn't

Jason Statham wanders around being macho. To be fair I was okay with that, it's typical in an action film. The wee girl in it was great. May of the other roles were a bit lame. It was fairly B grade. The action was okay. There was a bit of laughable Meg chaos but nothing I thought too ghastly and graphic because I really don't like splattery films.
Adult Written byGoPoly August 24, 2018
I went into this movie hoping for a typical Statham action movie and was disappointed. There was very little action with Statham. The serious family scenes seemed very out of place for a shark movie also. A lot of scenes made no sense also (like how often the little girl is kept around in dangerous situations). Cool to see Rainn Wilson in a movie, didn’t like his character though. I wished the movie was more about Statham fighting a shark than all the other stuff.
Adult Written byRahma Mohamad August 23, 2018

Interesting

No bad scenes. Not that horror
Very attractive but not surprising and predictably..
Suitable and suspension for children above 9
A little bet sense of humor
I like it
Enjoy
Adult Written byQuint61 August 22, 2018

The Meg - for kids ?

Certainly more fun unsuitable programmes on TVs, can be a little scarey for kids at times with shocks but minimal.
Do you really want to put the kids off swimming in the sea?
Good film good fun but advise guidance with children
You'll need a massive boat for this one!!!!
Adult Written byBellazara August 17, 2018

So bad, u can tell chinese invested in it

Painful to watch, so predictive, horrible script

Adult Written byStevie111 August 16, 2018

Fun and enjoyable summer action movie

The Meg is a fun film, if not a great film. It passed my expectations by a lot, but I had pretty low expectations. It's an over the top action movie with a giant shark. It is really good for what it is. The action scenes were done fairly well and while most performances weren't anything special, they didn't ruin the movie either. There is a lot of action and people are killed during shark attacks, but there is almost no blood in most scenes. Characters are in danger for most of the movie, but all of the violence involves them fighting the shark. There is a little bit of language here and there, but nothing too bad. If you like action movies, I would definitely recommend it.

Adult Written bydogmen August 15, 2018

Could have been much better

It's not a bad movie but not a good movie - just an OK movie. My understanding is that the movie was filmed in China in hopes to make more money overseas - especially in China. As a result some of the "Chinese" acting was very amateurish compared to the US actors. There were also long scenes where the dialog was in Chinese. You had to read the English at the bottom while watching the movie - very hard to do. This ruined the movie for me - all for a few extra bucks for the joint Chinese/US studio production. Many of the scenes were so predictable as well - kind of boring in fact. If I would do it again I wouldn't care to watch it.
Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byCheese and Bread August 15, 2018

Meh

Disappointing movie, kinda predictable. Somewhat fun to watch

Adult Written bySharkweektothemax August 14, 2018

Good story line, good comedic relief

Not much gore for a shark movie, definitely would recommend
Parent of a 11-year-old Written bynetryder7 August 14, 2018

Good for tweens!!

Those of us with tweens seem to have a hard time finding movies these days. My daughter is 11, almost 12 and it’s hard to find something that she will go and see that’s not too babyish and not too much sexual content. There’s some swear words in this one, if you can tolerate that- then your good! Your tween will be just fine and they will hopefully enjoy this Jaws like film! Also- not too much gore in this one.
Adult Written byyomama7 August 11, 2018

fun and entertaining

great fun, definitely a theatre movie. may be intense and a bit graphic for elementary aged kids.
Adult Written byCarmaa55 August 11, 2018

Too many with no taste

Although the so called experts give this film low stars, it deserves 4 across the board.
Parent of a 7, 7, 7, 10, 10, and 10-year-old Written byPiki1234 August 8, 2018

looks good it think so but looks so good

looks good so when i heard the movie Skyscraper was bad which was a movie i really wanted to see i checked the reviews and was like what the heck..so i checked common sense and heard it was pretty rubbish but then i watched it and thought huh that wasint too bad it was acuatlly really good movie just like what happened with the movie Rampage ,so The Meg looks very much good so it will probably be good becuase Cliff curtis is in it yeaa and will be good but looks a bit scary with the reviews and has soem launguage and swearing by the way this looks a bit funny which i hope this film will have some laughs so want see this film cannot wait