All member reviews for The Mighty Ducks

Classic kids' sports movie has some iffy humor, language.

Parent Written byMom in Atlanta February 2, 2013

Can't believe this was made by Disney.

While I would consider my boys too young for a PG movie (6 and 8), they both play hockey and a friend told me this was a great Disney movies and really family friendly. The review on this website it was okay for age 8, so thought I would be okay. I turned it off after the first 15 minutes. Within the first 15 minutes they used the word "s*cks" and "*diot" more times than I can count, the word "h*ll" multiple times (as in, "what the h*ll" and "get the h*ll out of here"). They also used the word "b*stard," "p*ssed off." And it was the KIDS using these words. They also had a scene (albeit brief) were the boys oogling over women in the sports illustrated bathing suit issue. Call me old fashioned, but this is not what I want my kids watching.

ok

This movie we watched in class this is just a ok movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byLamboLover April 18, 2011

I enjoyed this movie, but if I were a parent I wouldn't let younger children watch it because of the language and drinking.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byJaxDad24 May 26, 2014

Common Sense got it way wrong

I grew up loving The Mighty Ducks movies and wanted to share them with my 6 and 7 year old. I routinely check CSM for a heads up on the content so I can decide whether to show it to the kids. CSM must've watched another movie - or possibly the edited for TV version. There was MUCH more profanity than CSM acknowledges. Frequent uses of "hell", "damn", "ass" and "God/Oh my God, etc". "Bastard" and "bitch" even make an appearance. Other non-profanity words "idiot", "pissed", "sucks" are thrown in. I was really disappointed - not so much in the movie - it could be expected from a movie targeted towards older kids/teens. But when I checked CSM, I thought, "Great! This will be ok for mine." I'm not really sure how to trust CSM from here on.
Adult Written byfonzieg April 25, 2015

Edgy, but fun sports flick is a genuine classic!

If your kids love hockey, then show them this movie, it's a fun, edgy, and very entertaining sports comedy with heart, and won't ruin their intelligence!
Kid, 10 years old September 19, 2014

good movie.

this movie is just good.
Kid, 10 years old August 23, 2012

I Love Hockey. Period.

This is a funny but hardcore movie. There is plenty of swearing. Every scene must have some swear word. The bad language has mild swear words but they are used very frequently. Some words are A**, Ba****d, D****, S*** and, H***. Some mild words like jerk, idiot, sucks, crap, and other words come out of coaches, moms, children, and other people. The other kid's mom kisses the coach. The coach would drink beer sometimes and would get caught behind the wheel. Many brands are shown like the Dallas Stars, Staples Center, Philadelphia Flyers, Coca Cola, Hartford Whalers, Winnipeg Jets, Chicago Blackhawks, Easton, and much much more was there. The kids didn't always act good and the coach didn't even care. Kids would skate through a mall and go to the principial's office. This movie is cute but you should probaly be 12 years old or a responsibile 10 year old. Hockey fans would love this movie. It's a good movie. 98.7% out of 100% 5/5 stars.