Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Miracle Maker: The Story of Jesus

Birth of Christianity artfully animated; biblical violence.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byI'm to Tired fo... May 14, 2017

The Best Thing you Never Heard of

I watch a lot of animated films and seek out the very best that I can find. This film is a gem. You might find it too violent for children, but something that people don't often consider is that the bible itself isn't rated G. What I cannot understand for the life of me is why you gave three stars for "positive role models" in a movie about Jesus. And I find it funny you gave it one star for too much drinking. Is that because of the scene where Jesus turned water into wine? That is laughable. I know that you are making a rating based on whether or not this film is appropriate for children, and from a Christian standpoint, it most definitely is. In Christian families, children are not spared images of Christ's crucifixion because it's central to the whole religion. Even with that said, The Miracle Maker doesn't make it too graphic. This aside, the art and story are absolutely beautiful, and that is something that should definitely be considered. Children deserve quality movies as well. When all you focus on is whether or not a film is appropriate and disregard how beautiful it is, you are starving a child's creativity. When I was young I saw this film for the first time and the absolute beauty of this film left an imprint on me. I knew the difference. I knew that this movie was a cut above the rest. Children know these things and I am sure many other children would love this movie as well.

Adult Written byBecky.schmitz April 14, 2017

Wonderful Lenten and Easter movie

We love the sound biblical portrayal of Jesus Life death and resurrection. The film makers make if easily watched by children with much symbolism that allows adults to think more deeply about the themes it is portraying. We love watching it every Easter Season as a family.

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byCatholiDad April 19, 2019

Boring for young kids

We gave it a shot as a Holy Week family movie, trusting adult reviews and ages over the official. My kids are 3 and 6 and they were bored the entire time. It's a beautiful movie, incredibly well done, and I think my kids will enjoy it in a few years. They're very familiar with the Bible stories presented, but it still wasn't engaging for them.