All member reviews for The Monuments Men

Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014

Not a good movie

Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2014

Not too iffy.

Great movie! 4/5 stars. Violence: 3/5 Language: 3/5 Drinking: 3/5 I didn't expect there to be too much swearing but there was more than I expected. Common Sense said a 2/5 language. That made me think there wasn't much in language. Along with the violence. It has great and important messages about culture.
Kid, 10 years old December 3, 2014

The movie is pretty good

It does say words like damn,hell,and s--t but it is not innapropriate at all.It has lots of positive role models and messages.
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2014

Disappointing movie

Violence- 2 Swearing- 1 Drinking, Drugs and Smoking- 1
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2014

A PBS doceumentary on steroids.

This movie is suitable for 9-year-olds, however it is long and boring. One major character dies, there is some gunfire, drinking, and occasional swearing. Other wise it should be suitable for any kid, 9 or older, who can endure it.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

MonumentsMen

Monuments Men is a good WWll movie and not as violent as in the trailers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 May 18, 2014

Average World War II dramedy has its moments and boasts some great performances

I couldn't wait for The Monuments Men because along with it's really epic first trailer, it features one of my favorite movie duos, George Clooney and Matt Damon ("Oceans" Movies) and more awesome actors like John Goodman and Bill Murray! While it's not been very well reviewed by most, I didn't think The Monuments Men was that bad at all. Not that great either but still. I will admit though, that it was quite lacking in a few credentials like the what feels like an extremely rushed screenplay but despite that I can't say I was bored with this movie. The films' light tone while covering such a serious subject gets a round of applause from me for not getting too serious and giving quite a bit of funny one liners and great performances from its cast including George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray, Bob Balaban, Cate Blanchett and John Goodman! They're performances are so great that it elevates the film in a lot of spots and have lots of great chemistry between some of the characters, particularly, Murray and Balaban and Damon and Blanchett! And the heartwarming conclusion left me in a good mood! Overall, I thought it was an okay movie that's a good rental at best!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2014

A Bit Disappointing, Good History Lesson

I thought that this would be better, as the topic is something I am interested in. There is some swearing, but only occasionally. The violence includes a disturbing scene in a hospital, with bloody patients all around. You also see 2 characters die. Claire Simone wants a man to stay the night at her apartment, but he doesn't. I thought that while the plot was weak, he actors were good.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 9, 2014

Better than it looks

I didn't under stand why it didn't get good reviews but than my dad said that it didn't get good reviews because it was different and star Wars probably didn't get good reviews cause it was different a light bulb went on in my head I got it swearing s--- no further it's the best
Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2014

Great Movie

I think it is ok if you know about world war two and about what went on. Two of the men die but not that bloody. And after one dies trying to save a piece of art work but fails and the monuments men try to get back what he died for.
Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights February 17, 2014

It's ok, but comedy?

Why make it a comedy? This could have been a really good drama film, but I was surprised at the comedic route it took . . . and sort of disappointed. It had character deaths, heavy and depressing themes, nice amounts of blood, and comedy . . . doesn't really fit in well, now, does it? Well, the blood was never spilled in sadistic gunfights, but rather in usually depressing and slow deaths. With that said, there actually wasn't that much. I don't remember ever seeing a person's body while it got shot. Only the aftermath (with only blood, not limbs or bones sticking out of place). I don't remember much language. It was as clean as a PG-13 war movie. Some cussing, but nothing escalated. Don't worry about sex. There isn't anything worse that you would see in a Disney movie. Smoking is present, but nothing illegal. The movie is a bit depressing, but not inappropriate. It has a good story, good moral lessons, good characters, and all the likes. The execution wasn't the ABSOLUTE best, but I enjoyed watching it. If only it was a drama and ditched the comedic lines. Still, pretty good. The comedy wasn't TOO overpowering and somewhat incorporated well into the story. There wasn't a one-liner in the middle of a death scene. EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot about the actors. The only problem with that was the lead actor. He was ok, but he got HORRIBLY overpowered by the (very old and experianced) supporting cast.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 9, 2014

slow wartime drama has great acring but confusing plot

I wanted to like this movie a lot, but I couldn't bring myself to. although the movie has good acting, cinematography, and set design, all that can't save the sluggish pacing and plot that leads viewers off track. but if any history buff is interested, the movie is fine for teens. people are shot, but with no blood and only 2 people die. there is one explosion, and implied Holocaust talk. there is scattered language, continuous smoking, and a brief shot of naked breasts in a painting.
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

15????????????

There is swearing, blood, and a little gore but the only thing that might make it 15 is a scene where there is a barrel or two with golden teeth from jews.