All member reviews for The Nativity Story

Teen, 15 years old Written byPuppygal32 March 7, 2010

Very good story on Mary and Josehp!

This is my favorite movie! It has some very disturbing content in it with men killing baby boys and having mothers grive over it...it is sad too. Mary is accused of sex before marrige and a brief glimpse of her being stoned, but it is only a dream. Her mother hints that she may have been raped. Mary and Joseph almost drown in a current and there is painful labor scenes before babys are born.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBluesky123 March 21, 2013

Great movie!

This is a great movie! It retells the story of Jesus birth accurately.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJesuslover23 January 1, 2013

The Best Adaptation of The Story of The Birth of our Savior.

This, along with Christmas Vacation and The Grinch is my favorite Christmas movie. I actually like it's portrayal of Mary! Why? Because it actually depicts her as young. However, it should be duelly noted that this movie is not for very young kids. Some of these scenes can get pretty intense; baby boys are massacred so Herod could eliminate any rival to the throne, a young woman is kidnapped by Herod's soldiers to help her family pay their taxes, Mary is almost stoned to death, a man is crucified, Mary almost drowns in a river when her donkey gets frightened by a snake (by the way, it almost depicts Mary as a DID [Damsel in Distress]). There are mentionings of rape, and, both Mary and her cousin Elizabeth get pregnant (though i don't think it's very fair that Mary's giving birth was more subtle). In the scene where they were circumcising John the Baptist, and they cut his ankle, i was thinking to myself "Isn't that Child Abuse?". But, over all, i do like it. If this looks like something that's up your ally, (especially if you're a Christian, like me), give it a watch.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysensibledude123 December 23, 2012

Great movie, releases the true message of Christmas

This heart-warming film truly reminds us what Christmas i truly about, bringing us away from the commercialism and buying that society tells, distorting the truth of the holiday season. Believer or non- believer this movie will bring you the message of peace, love, and responsibility no matter what life or God may bring your way. Mary is displayed as a very good role model, honest and true even when her family and even the whole village did not believe her virgin birth. Joseph can be greatly appreciated, standing by Mary even before their marriage. This has been a tradition in my family for four years to watch this movie on Christmas eve and i think many other traditions should be made of it! Great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hannah Claire March 7, 2012

Everyone should see this movie

I wasn't allowed to see this whole movie because I was younger at the time. There is some violence with animals and little kids being killed but this is a Christian movie. It is depicting the birth of our Savior. Everyone should see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 March 20, 2009

Jesus bein' born

I saw it X-Mas and fell asleep half way through it because it was getting dull towards the middle. I woke up a little later, and the portion of that which I saw was excellent.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Inspiring.

This film is wonderful. It should be watched by everyone, especilly on Christmas.

Teen, 14 years old Written byda399 April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

I think IT is A very good movie,but I must say... If your kids get scared if they hear people in pain. then I would say you should see the movie before the little kids see it, you see I took 3 kids to see it and after the movie on of the kids was really upset, but if you kid is over 10 they should not get to upset! other then that it was a great movie that shows us what christmas is really about!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMath-U April 9, 2008

What Christimas is really about.

Very good. Reminds us about what Christimas is really about. Great for the WHOLE family!
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Certainly a movie with good intentions...but it still bored me to death. The story of Jesus's birth is amazing, but somehow it doesn't make an interesting movie. Good for kids 5+
Teen, 16 years old Written bythebizent April 9, 2008

Great film!

This is a beautiful film and is good for everyone, just as long as they don't find out how old the actor who played Mary was.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytayttaayy April 9, 2008

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen!

I absolutely loved this movie. I was deeply touched throughout the whole film and would recommend it to anyone. If you've read any other reviews many people don't like it. It is a simple story and very humble and beautiful the way it is and people want to make a huge epic out of it. I am a Christian and this movie gave my faith a boost in a simply beautiful way that everyone should experience. I highly recommend this film to anyone!

loved it

it waas the best move i've ever seen.it was fantastic