All member reviews for The New World

Poetic telling of John Smith and Pocahontas myth.

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviefanatic411 April 9, 2008

Good movie, but way too long

This movie is an excelent movie but 2 1/2 hours of walking around places is too much. It was gory durin battle scence but other than that it was okay. But kids 13 and under will get bored will all the nonsence. If you are learning it in S.S. they may enjoy it, but other than that, 14 and up.
Adult Written byChristc878 April 9, 2008

great historical movie

I like historical movies, so I liked this one.I showed a different picture of what the Jamestown settlement looked like than I imagined. I enjoyed the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 3, 2011

Horrible!

I know it looks good but please don't watch it! When I watched this movie I was horrified! No site tells you that there are multiple scenes where sex is implied. The music in the movie is the same song played over and over again! This movie is not good to history! Don't watch this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

not bad for kids but not aimed at them

I saw this movie because I'm studying the English Colonies for school. If your kid is studying Jamestown, go let your kid see it. This movie is a low PG-13, there's some violence but most of the movie really has none. I say if a kid wants to see it they can, but if they don't that's OK, it's not aimed at kids anyways. Bloody bodies? maybe one with a nice blood splot but otherwise none.
Adult Written byquicksilver369 April 9, 2008

Boring Movie

My husband and I like historial dramas however this one is so boring and hard to follow. I did like the visialization of the Jamestown settlement, it did give you an idea of the struggles the settlers had to overcome. We couldn't wait to turn this never ending story off.
Adult Written byMissGC April 9, 2008