All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Bookworm October 22, 2013

Great Movie, Some Scary Elements

Amazing movie! I don't always like Tim Burton, but this movie is one of my favorites! The "This is Halloween" musical sequence is probably the scariest part of the movie. It's not that bad. The Oogie Boogie part is kind of scary. Parents, if you have a young child, make sure to tell them that it's just a story and the monsters are not real. In the "This is Halloween" song you meet monsters who apparently live under your bed and stairs... yeah, talk about it. Other than that, this movie is awesome! There are positive messages about accepting what you have and being yourself. Jack and Sally kiss at the very end, but nothing to worry about :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 15, 2013

Spooky fun

Ok I don't find this scary but a little kid might. But if it is scary it certainly won't stop me from watching it, the character's are brilliant, the plot is good and the animation is gorgeous. Minus the "scary" stuff, I think it can be a great film for the whole family.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 April 6, 2013

Tim Burton should go to hell

I think it is pathetic and a complete waste of time, but maybe I am too old.
Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2013

DON'T BOTHER-FOR OLDER TWEENS

This movie was okay in the begining, but then, it got about slashing and killing Santa. First, they bring him in a sack. Sex/Nudity: Kissing in parts. Violence/Gore: Cartoon Limbs shown. Knives displayed, and mild cartoon violence in parts. Disturbing, and scary. They try to kill Santa in a part.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPonxwih January 7, 2013

Fantastic movie

I adored this movie as a kid. The songs were catchy, the characters were entertaining and empathetical, and the plot is creative and engaging. Not to mention the gorgeous visuals. I've watched the movie for as young as I can remember, and I hardly recall being scared at all. Just be sure your kid is ready.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 November 22, 2012

Kid, 9 years old November 20, 2012

what this movie going to be about

it was a really good movie if you are reading this just to let you know that i watched twilight breaking dawn part 1 and 2 they are good but to much kissing and other stuff
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2012

Genius!!!!!

I am a huge Tim Burton fan and I think he is a genius. This is one of his classics and even I still watch it sometimes. This movie has his usual creepy and dark touch, but is a fun and great movie for any six-year old. This is waaaaaay less dark than some of Tim's other masterpieces such as Edward Scissorhands or Sweeny Todd (both 2 of my favotite movies) and is a great watch. I reccomend!
Kid, 9 years old October 25, 2012

nightmare before christmas

Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2012

Very Good!

This was a very good movie and is on for kids around the ages of 7 or 8 and up. Jack did not have any bad intentions and actually was trying to do good. The movie is slightly scary and is most likely not a good idea for very young children. There were lots of fabulous songs and this was overall an incredible movie. I think it is best to watch around either Halloween or Christmas, and if kids are old enough to not be frightened by the movie than they will definitely have a good experience with Tim Burton's truly great adventure.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenisback October 8, 2012

TJ's World

Friendly cartoon has awesome messages for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenbutgood October 6, 2012

TJ's World

Friendly cartoon has cool messages for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover September 8, 2012

GREAT MOVIE, A MUST-SEE

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It's got great songs, characters, and a great story. Jack is a good positive role model, and so is Sally. By the end of the movie they've fallen in love with each other. There is scariness and violence in this movie though. Ooogie boogie is pretty scary for younger kids (and by younger I mean 5/6 and down), and so are some of the other monsters, One part Jack makes a somewhat scary face, but not all that scary. One guy has a hatchet in his head. Overall, a must-see even if your child is too young now, they must see it when they're old enough. This movie is one of my top childhood favorites.
Kid, 9 years old August 28, 2012

Unfair

This is unfair for kids. so don't watch or your parents will get mad.
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2012

Good

Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2012

Not that scary

I do not know why people say it is scary, for it is not. At one point sally jumps out of the castle to splatter on the ground but her arms and other limbs are stuffed with leaves.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivieluvsu2 April 7, 2012

AMAZING!

Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! i first saw this movie when i was like three and i LOVED it !!! all of Tim Burton's movies are awesome! especially this one! the beginning scene might be a little creepy for the littler kids that watch this. Some violence in the last part, though. Overall, a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLunaLovegood13 March 2, 2012

"The Nightmare Before Christmas"

Teen, 16 years old Written byanalleli January 6, 2012