All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Teen, 13 years old Written bySweeney_Todd April 9, 2008

My favorite movie!

This IS NOT a goth movie!! It is a wonderful, beautiful movie with a memorable, perfect score by Danny Elfman (I love all of his work; much better than any pop music) See this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 15, 2013

Spooky fun

Ok I don't find this scary but a little kid might. But if it is scary it certainly won't stop me from watching it, the character's are brilliant, the plot is good and the animation is gorgeous. Minus the "scary" stuff, I think it can be a great film for the whole family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover September 8, 2012

GREAT MOVIE, A MUST-SEE

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It's got great songs, characters, and a great story. Jack is a good positive role model, and so is Sally. By the end of the movie they've fallen in love with each other. There is scariness and violence in this movie though. Ooogie boogie is pretty scary for younger kids (and by younger I mean 5/6 and down), and so are some of the other monsters, One part Jack makes a somewhat scary face, but not all that scary. One guy has a hatchet in his head. Overall, a must-see even if your child is too young now, they must see it when they're old enough. This movie is one of my top childhood favorites.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2009

Great, but a little creepy...

Great! Teens will also like it, mainly because of the creepy characters. This movie is great! But may be scary for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrancissca October 5, 2009

Great Movie

This movie is great i love all of the details and bright and weird colors to look at. Just to let those nightmare before christmas lovers know this movie will be in theaters for 3-D
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

A little scary

Pretty scary movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHawk11404 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2010

no highlights but it was a very good movie
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Great Tim Burton film. Some good soundtrack sings in it with some amazing animation. Kids may be freaked by some parts but it's good to show them no all cartoons are light and funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byeteichert April 9, 2008

Incredible!

As I said about I AM LEGEND and FORREST GUMP, there are very few perfect movies out there. In this: Great story, great characters, beautiful music! All-in-all, a masterpiece!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Best movie

The movie is great I saw it in 3-D and it was good well written

.........

It was an O.K. movie. You have to admit it wasn't OMG, but just O.K., it was good I guess. Now lets talk about 3-D effects, LLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEE!!! Nothing popped out at you what-so-ever. Sure its blury when you take off the glass, but when there on it's just like a watching a regular movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - Characters kidnap Santa Claus and force him down a narrow pipe (he survives and is unhurt). Scary-looking toys menace children (the children escape unhurt). A character is shot at whilst flying on a sleigh (he survives). There is an axe permanently wedged in the head of one character for the duration of the film (he does not express any pain). A character stomps on and kills an insect. Sex/Nudity: None (Two characters hug and kiss romantically at the end of the film). Horror: Mild - Various supernatural elements including ghosts, vampires and a tree with a number of skeletons hanging (in the 'hanged' sense) on its' branches (they appear as 'alive' or undead). A shrunken head is pulled out of a present by a child. Various characters remove their heads bloodlessly (they are unhurt after doing so). Characters scheme about kidnapping Santa Claus and children are menaced by scary-looking toys. There is also a scene where a character (a burlap bag) is revealed to contain millions of insects (which fall out causing him to disappear). The majority of this is presented in a comedic fashion and is only likely to upset younger or more sensitive children. Language: None Drugs/Alcohol: None. Overall: Mild themes. Most of the potentially scary material has a comedic sensibility which will make it fairly accessible to young children. However, scenes including a child revealing shrunken head from a present and the unpredictable nature of the 'Ooogie Boogie' character may cause some discomfort. The violence in the film is minimal although a scene where an insect is stomped on and killed may lead to a discussion about the death of insects and animals.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoulassassin April 9, 2008

Most BORING film i have ever seen

this has got to be the worste film i have ever seen and thats coming from soming who watches any genre of film and age limit!!!
Kid, 9 years old November 20, 2012

what this movie going to be about

it was a really good movie if you are reading this just to let you know that i watched twilight breaking dawn part 1 and 2 they are good but to much kissing and other stuff
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2012

Not that scary

I do not know why people say it is scary, for it is not. At one point sally jumps out of the castle to splatter on the ground but her arms and other limbs are stuffed with leaves.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Tim Burton and Henry Sellick's masterpiece!

This is a very funny and hardly every frightening film. Ok, I was scared of the toys when I was 4 or 5, but I didn't even like the Queen Of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. With catchy songs and great characters. Though, if you don't want to hear about Santa Claus becoming lunch, see another excellent classic like The Year Without A Santa Claus or Rudolph.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2009

wow!! That's creepy!!!!

if you saw the trailer for this movie the last thing u would think about is chriamstmas! It's terribly creepy but at the same time it is a good movie (well atleast somewhat bad)
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 26, 2009

Great movie, a bit too much for preschoolers

The story in genius, the characters amazing. Must be watched by anyone over the age of five.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

Not near scary

This movie can be frightening for VERY young children but not for others ages 7 and up