All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPonxwih January 7, 2013

Fantastic movie

I adored this movie as a kid. The songs were catchy, the characters were entertaining and empathetical, and the plot is creative and engaging. Not to mention the gorgeous visuals. I've watched the movie for as young as I can remember, and I hardly recall being scared at all. Just be sure your kid is ready.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 30, 2012

I actually thought it was good.

And I'm NOT a Tim Burton fan. But this movie for once wasn't half as bad as most of the others. Yeah, I do think it's kinda overrated, but it least it wasn't bad. The animation was at least better than in Coraline, and the story wasn't as pointless to me. And I never though a Tim Burton movie would have SONGS! Good songs. But yeah, it's good. Just don't expect Bambi or Beauty and the Beast. 7.75/10
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirectioner23 November 22, 2012
Kid, 9 years old November 20, 2012

what this movie going to be about

it was a really good movie if you are reading this just to let you know that i watched twilight breaking dawn part 1 and 2 they are good but to much kissing and other stuff
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2012

Genius!!!!!

I am a huge Tim Burton fan and I think he is a genius. This is one of his classics and even I still watch it sometimes. This movie has his usual creepy and dark touch, but is a fun and great movie for any six-year old. This is waaaaaay less dark than some of Tim's other masterpieces such as Edward Scissorhands or Sweeny Todd (both 2 of my favotite movies) and is a great watch. I reccomend!
Parent of an infant and 5 year old Written byMagickfiddle October 28, 2012

A bit spooky for a 4 year old, but 5 is great!

Drugs: Sally repeatedly puts drugs in her "master's" food so she can sneak out of the tower. Great story, spooky characters, and a lesson learned at the end! I was surprised to find this one rated a higher age range than Corpse Bride, because, in my opinion, this one is scarier. The monsters depicted are: a skeleton, a rag doll who's limbs come off, mean kids who sing about killing Sandy Claws, the Boogey Man, and other spooky Halloween type characters. My 4 year old loved it, but she did ask over and over if the monsters were real, so maybe age 5 would be better to start. This year when she watched it, she loved it, and knew it was all pretend. :)
Kid, 9 years old October 25, 2012

nightmare before christmas

Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2012

Very Good!

This was a very good movie and is on for kids around the ages of 7 or 8 and up. Jack did not have any bad intentions and actually was trying to do good. The movie is slightly scary and is most likely not a good idea for very young children. There were lots of fabulous songs and this was overall an incredible movie. I think it is best to watch around either Halloween or Christmas, and if kids are old enough to not be frightened by the movie than they will definitely have a good experience with Tim Burton's truly great adventure.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenisback October 8, 2012

TJ's World

Friendly cartoon has awesome messages for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byImnotateenbutgood October 6, 2012

TJ's World

Friendly cartoon has cool messages for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover September 8, 2012

GREAT MOVIE, A MUST-SEE

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! It's got great songs, characters, and a great story. Jack is a good positive role model, and so is Sally. By the end of the movie they've fallen in love with each other. There is scariness and violence in this movie though. Ooogie boogie is pretty scary for younger kids (and by younger I mean 5/6 and down), and so are some of the other monsters, One part Jack makes a somewhat scary face, but not all that scary. One guy has a hatchet in his head. Overall, a must-see even if your child is too young now, they must see it when they're old enough. This movie is one of my top childhood favorites.
Kid, 9 years old August 28, 2012

Unfair

This is unfair for kids. so don't watch or your parents will get mad.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 22, 2012

the nightmare before christmas

Families can talk about why we celebrate the holidays we do. What does your favorite holiday mean to you? Has anyone ever tried to ruin one of your holiday experiences, and how did you overcome that? When you get tired of something, what are some creative ways to bring excitement back into it? Why did Jack's experiment fail? Is it fair to expect people who have done something the same way for a long time to change quickly? Could Jack have tried his ideas a different way?
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

poor

Dark not good for young children
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2012

Good

Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2012

Not that scary

I do not know why people say it is scary, for it is not. At one point sally jumps out of the castle to splatter on the ground but her arms and other limbs are stuffed with leaves.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivieluvsu2 April 7, 2012

AMAZING!

Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2012

THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! i first saw this movie when i was like three and i LOVED it !!! all of Tim Burton's movies are awesome! especially this one! the beginning scene might be a little creepy for the littler kids that watch this. Some violence in the last part, though. Overall, a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLunaLovegood13 March 2, 2012

"The Nightmare Before Christmas"

Teen, 16 years old Written byanalleli January 6, 2012