All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.

Teen, 16 years old Written byanalleli January 6, 2012

13 years

i think the movie was good but my 2 year old brother said it was really scary
Kid, 12 years old January 3, 2012

Good movie, some sad parts though!

I had seen this movie when I was either 5 or 6 (my dog had recently died) and when I saw the ghost dog, I cried a lot. A couple months ago, I decided to watch it again. I liked it a little bit. The characters were really cool but I did here a few uses of the H-word. Watch out for that, kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEpicKevinMan December 23, 2011

Creepy for 10 and under.

I don't like scary movies, (I prefer comedys) So I didn't think this would be top bad. I saw this when I was 10, I watched it by my self, and it was actually really good, good music, funny charecters and a cool mix of Christmas and Halloween. Then the ending came with the really creepy toys. I'm sure if I watched it now, it wouldn't be to bad, but as a 10 year old, it was really creepy. I would probably say like 11+, NOT 7+! If your kids are easily scared this is NOT for them.
Parent Written bylovingparent123 December 19, 2011

Great Film!

It's a good film but may scare very young children with it's creepy aspects, but overall a great film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Mad Creator December 12, 2011

My favorite movie, I watch it monthly! XD

Every year during Halloween AND X-mas i scare the whole school by screaming "IMMA GO HOME AND WATCH NIGHTMARE BEFORE XMAS!!!!!!" so loud that dogs start to bark. BEST! MOVIE! EVEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!"
Parent of a 1, 10, 10, 14, and 15 year old Written bycharmsmatuts December 7, 2011

Tim Burton's best yet!

My kids and I watched this for saturday night movie night and we loved it. Coraline was way stupider and darker. My kids and I hated Coraline but we all loved this movie. I cannot believe some people hate this. It had good messages about what can happen if you ruin christmas. Yeah Christmas is my favorite holiday too, (Talking to the biggest christmas fans too) Even though I don't want to hurt the halloween spirit, Cause Halloween is awesome too. Christmas is a nightmare to cookies totally cause santa eats cookies. This movie is the opposite of Christmas. Hallotmas is how I mixed Halloween and Christmas together to spell it funny. Some toys the kids got was more of a funny scene than a scary scene. The monsters just don't understand how important christmas is. If they were humans they'd be wanted cause they don't know how special christ and santa are. Kids will love this movie.
Kid, 12 years old October 30, 2011

cute but scary for younger childeren

It's cute and funny but might scare little kids because of the scenes with the boggy man also the boggy man talks about gambling but is not focused on also characters remove limbs and heads but there is no gore
Kid, 8 years old October 30, 2011

The Nightmare Before Christmas is awesome

Some creepy scenes that might scare your little ones
Teen, 13 years old Written byKaityPooh7 October 27, 2011

Nightmare Before Christmas Review

This is one of the best movies I have EVER seen! It has a great plot, greatly designed characters, and the characters' voices' fit right in with the characters themselves! MAJOR thumbs up :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 26, 2011

Scary fun...

Okay, it's not really scary, but it is kinda bizarre (in a good way). Well, anyways, it's very imaginative. Jack Skellington is one of the most interesting characters I've seen. The songs were also really well-done. It was also kinda funny because they sang a lot. Jack learns a lesson when he tries to make Christmas his own, but it backfires on him...literally. The violence is tame. Some of the monsters can be scary and there is a scene at the end where Oogie Boogie's innards are being exposed and a bunch of bugs start falling out (creepy). Besides that, the movie is really good for the family.
Kid, 10 years old October 22, 2011

Perfect Movie For Halloween Or Christmas!

This movie is very well done and accomplished. Every detail is whimsical and magical. Jack is a very likable skeleton who seems like a kid in a candy store when he finds Christmas Town. His ghost dog, Zero, is super cute and enjoys fetching Jack's ribs. Sally is a caring ragdoll creature who is nice enough to go to Oogie Boogie's lair to try to rescue "Sandy Claws". Although she fails and gets captured herself, it's a nice thought that she risked her own life to save Kris Kringle. Although this is the best movie ever, be cautious, for some characters look creepy, therefore this movie is best left 3+.Favorite line: Life's no fun without a good scare!
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2011

Great Movie!

I watched it when I was seven. I like it a lot! I agree with commonsensemedia. 6+ is good. It might scare 2 year olds and under.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2011

Awesome!

Tim Burton does it again! Could scare younger viewers, i think i might have been scared when i first watched it :P
Adult Written byFeedme24601 July 24, 2011

Amazing and beautiful

This is a great film! A lot of scenes take place in a Halloween world, so there our plenty of creepy, but creative characters running around. Some of the visuals can be rather frightening, such as the murderous yet slightly comically Oggie Boogie. This movie has fun songs, amazing animation and a captivating storyline that makes it a Christmas (or Halloween) classic!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperq4898 June 23, 2011

Great!

This is a great movie! It's one of my holliday favorites. My family watches it Halloween and Christmas!
Kid, 10 years old June 5, 2011

This Deserves a Sequel!

This movie is awesome! Although the villain is skinned and you actually see his death. Watch it if that bratty sibling is giving you a hard time!
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoralinefan02062009 May 6, 2011

Nightmare Before Christmas? More like dream.

Amazing Movie. This movie does take place in Halloween Town and the main character is a Skeleton, so it might scare younger kids, but it should be good for 7 and over. This movie is just in every way amazing, the message, role models, story, and just overall the movie. It's a movie, the whole family will love.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 25, 2011

Amazing perspective on the holiday that's not as dark as it seems in the trailers

That's not to say that it's gonna freak the little ones out though. It is gothic and at points creepy. But it does send positive messages to the audience on the clear fact that anything is possible if you set your mind to it, and to work towards your goals and dreams no matter how awkward or wierd they may seem.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011

appropiate for 10+

i think its good but some of the characters are a bit scary to young ones there for i think it would be best to rate it for age 10+ also there is a message saying that ghosts aren't so bad which is a positive feeling to people who think ghosts are scary but seriously ghosts cant return to there grave DUH?!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 March 26, 2011

Tim Burton and Henry Sellick's masterpiece!

This is a very funny and hardly every frightening film. Ok, I was scared of the toys when I was 4 or 5, but I didn't even like the Queen Of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. With catchy songs and great characters. Though, if you don't want to hear about Santa Claus becoming lunch, see another excellent classic like The Year Without A Santa Claus or Rudolph.