All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.

Parent of a 2 year old Written by5280kitty October 25, 2009

Fun and fascinating, but too spooky for preschoolers.

Love this film. It's a bit on the scary side for very small kids, so I'd say it's for elementary age and up.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjwilde October 21, 2009
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2009
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrancissca October 5, 2009

Great Movie

This movie is great i love all of the details and bright and weird colors to look at. Just to let those nightmare before christmas lovers know this movie will be in theaters for 3-D
Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2009
ewwwwww but good :) a bit scary for say 4 year olds
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Great Tim Burton film. Some good soundtrack sings in it with some amazing animation. Kids may be freaked by some parts but it's good to show them no all cartoons are light and funny.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byheavensent143617 September 29, 2009
This is a fave in my house. my youngest son who is 3 almost 4 loves this movie. Its dark but if you let your kids watch it, it actually helps them see that scary cartoons are just that cartoons.. Its not cartoons we should worry about making them scared of its the REAL monsters in the world. I am talking about sick people.. Sometimes we focus on the wrong things. Anyways we love it!!! I love all Tim Burton films.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayKayD September 20, 2009

Great for nearly all ages

There is really nothing wrong with this movie. It's cute, it depicts a fun holiday, the songs are adorable, there's no profanity, no nudity, nothing adult in the slightest. The only thing that might bother LITTLE kids is the characters taking off their own body parts, and the torture-ish scenes in Oogie's dungeon. I mean LITTLE kids people, like, under six. Maybe even under five.
Educator and Parent of a 15 year old Written byredjed September 6, 2009
This is one of the best movies of its kind in a long time. The songs,the characters,and the overall movie itself is incredibly fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 20, 2009

Creepy but incredible

It's incredible what a little bit of imagination can turn in to. This is visually one of the best movies I've ever seen, and the story plot is creatively drawn out, also it is shortened to a time where it keeps your eye at all times. If the lyrics to the songs had more depth and creatvity, instead of rhyming "night" and "fright" all the time, I'd give it 5 stars. Nonetheless, it is a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byCurley August 16, 2009

One of my favorite movies!

It's an excellent film, but not so much for those apt to nightmares... obviously.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 22, 2009

Not for anyone empathetic or sensitive!

VERY VERY SCARY AND DISTURBING!!!!!!! It freaked me out sooo bad! Not for anyone empathtic or sensitive!~
Teen, 16 years old Written byOffbeat_Oddball July 15, 2009

Great movie, magical from start to finish. Share this masterpiece with your youngsters 6+!

I must let out a laugh at the who think this movie is too violent. This movie has no blood, drinking, sex, etc. It is a turly magical movie, and me, almost 17, I get a total kick of it -still-. The only thing scary about this movie is the costumes, but nothing worse than you'd see taking your youngster out trick or treating on Halloween. I've known every word of every song since I was 8 years old. Danny Elfman and Tim Burton makes a wonderful team, great music, animation, and it just never gets old. Jack and Sally are a lovely couple together, their love just make you "aww." Don't hesitate to show it to your kids!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

A little scary

Pretty scary movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 26, 2009

Great movie, a bit too much for preschoolers

The story in genius, the characters amazing. Must be watched by anyone over the age of five.
Parent of a 2, 3, 4, 11, 11, and 15 year old Written bylover4 June 2, 2009

i have a 10 month old and she loves it her name is alison

i have a ten month old and she loves it her name is alison
Adult Written byShadowFan567 April 10, 2009
Good Movie! Good for kids, but not for kids that get scared easily! Good for EMOS also!
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

Not near scary

This movie can be frightening for VERY young children but not for others ages 7 and up
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 21, 2009

Whats this? Whats this? The best movie of that year?

Correct sir but very scary.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bydannyaston December 18, 2008