All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.

Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2009

wow!! That's creepy!!!!

if you saw the trailer for this movie the last thing u would think about is chriamstmas! It's terribly creepy but at the same time it is a good movie (well atleast somewhat bad)
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2009

fine

just ok fine. But there is plenty of scary images.
Kid, 11 years old December 5, 2009

Great, but a little creepy...

Great! Teens will also like it, mainly because of the creepy characters. This movie is great! But may be scary for younger kids.
Kid, 10 years old December 4, 2009
its a very good movie but little kids might be scared because the bones are alive
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2009

LOVE IT

My brothers (4 & 5 years old) LOVE this movie. It's not scar at all.This is probobly their favorite movie. Me and my mom love it too, because it shuts them up, and they sometimes fall asleep!!! In fact, their watching it right now!
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2009

now its time for halloween

this movie is awsome every day i watch it tim is my favorite director so it has to be good
Parent of a 7 year old Written byjwilde October 21, 2009
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2009
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrancissca October 5, 2009

Great Movie

This movie is great i love all of the details and bright and weird colors to look at. Just to let those nightmare before christmas lovers know this movie will be in theaters for 3-D
Kid, 9 years old October 2, 2009
ewwwwww but good :) a bit scary for say 4 year olds
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Great Tim Burton film. Some good soundtrack sings in it with some amazing animation. Kids may be freaked by some parts but it's good to show them no all cartoons are light and funny.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byheavensent143617 September 29, 2009
This is a fave in my house. my youngest son who is 3 almost 4 loves this movie. Its dark but if you let your kids watch it, it actually helps them see that scary cartoons are just that cartoons.. Its not cartoons we should worry about making them scared of its the REAL monsters in the world. I am talking about sick people.. Sometimes we focus on the wrong things. Anyways we love it!!! I love all Tim Burton films.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKayKayD September 20, 2009

Great for nearly all ages

There is really nothing wrong with this movie. It's cute, it depicts a fun holiday, the songs are adorable, there's no profanity, no nudity, nothing adult in the slightest. The only thing that might bother LITTLE kids is the characters taking off their own body parts, and the torture-ish scenes in Oogie's dungeon. I mean LITTLE kids people, like, under six. Maybe even under five.
Educator and Parent of a 15 year old Written byredjed September 6, 2009
This is one of the best movies of its kind in a long time. The songs,the characters,and the overall movie itself is incredibly fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 20, 2009

Creepy but incredible

It's incredible what a little bit of imagination can turn in to. This is visually one of the best movies I've ever seen, and the story plot is creatively drawn out, also it is shortened to a time where it keeps your eye at all times. If the lyrics to the songs had more depth and creatvity, instead of rhyming "night" and "fright" all the time, I'd give it 5 stars. Nonetheless, it is a great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byCurley August 16, 2009

One of my favorite movies!

It's an excellent film, but not so much for those apt to nightmares... obviously.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 22, 2009

Not for anyone empathetic or sensitive!

VERY VERY SCARY AND DISTURBING!!!!!!! It freaked me out sooo bad! Not for anyone empathtic or sensitive!~
Teen, 16 years old Written byOffbeat_Oddball July 15, 2009

Great movie, magical from start to finish. Share this masterpiece with your youngsters 6+!

I must let out a laugh at the who think this movie is too violent. This movie has no blood, drinking, sex, etc. It is a turly magical movie, and me, almost 17, I get a total kick of it -still-. The only thing scary about this movie is the costumes, but nothing worse than you'd see taking your youngster out trick or treating on Halloween. I've known every word of every song since I was 8 years old. Danny Elfman and Tim Burton makes a wonderful team, great music, animation, and it just never gets old. Jack and Sally are a lovely couple together, their love just make you "aww." Don't hesitate to show it to your kids!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

A little scary

Pretty scary movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 26, 2009

Great movie, a bit too much for preschoolers

The story in genius, the characters amazing. Must be watched by anyone over the age of five.