All member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Tim Burton magic with just a touch of scariness.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharlottebee November 10, 2008

This movie is absolutly amazing i watched it when i was little and still try to every chrismas

I LOVED THIS MOVIE tim burtons use of music and art is amazing and you just fall in love with the characters this is an amazing watch and i look forward to seeing it again and again i would have to say this is my favourite movie from him and i always want to buy its merchandise. PLEASE watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written byeteichert April 9, 2008

Incredible!

As I said about I AM LEGEND and FORREST GUMP, there are very few perfect movies out there. In this: Great story, great characters, beautiful music! All-in-all, a masterpiece!
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Best movie

The movie is great I saw it in 3-D and it was good well written
Adult Written byiheartracing April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bymuniocito April 9, 2008

The best movie i ever watched

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Whoa!

I saw the movie in 3-D. I thought is was less than exelent, but WAY more than good.The 3-D effects were lame, but you have to admit the movie has to get an awesome! I would see it again and probably once more, but otherwise I would give it only an awesome.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysachmo_sarah April 9, 2008

WONDERFUL!

im not some poser following everybody. This movie was a masterpiece.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzimm7 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byHawk11404 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bynemster April 9, 2008

SUCKY

I DIDN T LIKE IT
Adult Written bytomthedestroyer1 April 9, 2008

Excellent film, one of the best I have seen.

First off, let me say that this movie is a work of beauty. The claymation work was astoundingly well done. I think that this movie would be good for kids 8+ simply because any children younger than that might not understand just what the movie is about. Once again, excellent.
Adult Written bymea mea April 9, 2008

A must see for all ages!

I absolutely love this movie! Tim Burton did a wonderful job on all concepts. I read the adult review that said that Tim Burton did a great job on the claymation, but I watched the bonus feature that shows how it was made, and they are actually puppets! If you have the DVD you should watch the process-it's very interesting! Wonderful movie for everyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjake3456 April 9, 2008

A Very good movie.

Nothing wrong with it. Has a good musical score, also entertaining.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

One of Tim Burton's Great Achievements!

Wow, this movie is amazing! It's one of my favorite animated movies, without a doubt. It's obvious that lots of work was put into this movie and the end result is incredible- not only is this movie visually stunning with beautiful claymation, the story is clever and brilliantly imaginative. As far as content goes, this movie is probably okay for most kids, but it might be a bit too dark or wierd for them to enjoy. Good for kids 6+

.........

It was an O.K. movie. You have to admit it wasn't OMG, but just O.K., it was good I guess. Now lets talk about 3-D effects, LLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEE!!! Nothing popped out at you what-so-ever. Sure its blury when you take off the glass, but when there on it's just like a watching a regular movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySweeney_Todd April 9, 2008

My favorite movie!

This IS NOT a goth movie!! It is a wonderful, beautiful movie with a memorable, perfect score by Danny Elfman (I love all of his work; much better than any pop music) See this movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Overall - Mild content

Violence: Mild - Characters kidnap Santa Claus and force him down a narrow pipe (he survives and is unhurt). Scary-looking toys menace children (the children escape unhurt). A character is shot at whilst flying on a sleigh (he survives). There is an axe permanently wedged in the head of one character for the duration of the film (he does not express any pain). A character stomps on and kills an insect. Sex/Nudity: None (Two characters hug and kiss romantically at the end of the film). Horror: Mild - Various supernatural elements including ghosts, vampires and a tree with a number of skeletons hanging (in the 'hanged' sense) on its' branches (they appear as 'alive' or undead). A shrunken head is pulled out of a present by a child. Various characters remove their heads bloodlessly (they are unhurt after doing so). Characters scheme about kidnapping Santa Claus and children are menaced by scary-looking toys. There is also a scene where a character (a burlap bag) is revealed to contain millions of insects (which fall out causing him to disappear). The majority of this is presented in a comedic fashion and is only likely to upset younger or more sensitive children. Language: None Drugs/Alcohol: None. Overall: Mild themes. Most of the potentially scary material has a comedic sensibility which will make it fairly accessible to young children. However, scenes including a child revealing shrunken head from a present and the unpredictable nature of the 'Ooogie Boogie' character may cause some discomfort. The violence in the film is minimal although a scene where an insect is stomped on and killed may lead to a discussion about the death of insects and animals.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysockette April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoulassassin April 9, 2008

Most BORING film i have ever seen

this has got to be the worste film i have ever seen and thats coming from soming who watches any genre of film and age limit!!!