All member reviews for The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Teen, 15 years old Written byRedsox1995 August 15, 2012

Loved it

Excellent movie with a message
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2012

Tears? Well they tried...

In the trailer it looked like a cheesy predictable movie to me. Disney tried to make a tear fall. But no. Like "a dolphin tale" I never cried in movies. But, let's count how many movies Disney made that had, "gifted kids" and I guess thats disneys goal. Like, Disney just stop. The gifted thing needs to stop. But this movie didnt get the tears it wanted. Maybe, for adults. But for kids it maybe cheesy. It teaches lessons, valuable lessons. I suggest you can watch it, but if you want cheesy humor,some predictable scenes,and a bit of sweetness, this is the movie for you.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2012

But good

It was sooo sad
Teen, 17 years old Written byWwerobert1995 August 15, 2012

Its good

It is a good and sad movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

No swearing or any bad stuff

It's ok for kids
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2012

tear juker

this movie has a positive messege and is very heart touching if you have a good taste in movies you might want to consider seeing it, but i warn you its a tear jurker
Kid, 8 years old August 20, 2012

An Amazing Movie

I live this movie CJ Adams is a very good actor my sister said it was sad but only at the end its sad at the then it gets happy its a very good movie and sends a positive message like you should treat every one nicely even if there a little bit odd
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2012

This movie is Amazing!

The Odd LIfe of Timothy Green is a heartfelt movie with great characters and role models. The story of the movie is very well written and I think the movie turned out to be the best it could be. The ending is pretty sad though, and I got very teary-eyed. But i would recommend everyone watch it with your whole family because it is a great family friendly movie!
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green: To mature to be Disney

I found my-self crying more than I was laughing. The message to this story is truly incredible. " Live every day to the fullest". There is frequent language but nothing to horrible. A kid kicks a girl in the face by accident in a swimming pool resulting in a bloody nose.This movie isn't for kids 10 and under because they wouldn't get some of the content and issues dealt with in this movie, also they would be pretty bored. I personally loved this movie but I wouldn't recommend it to families with smaller children.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPiperMaclain711 September 5, 2012

It's fine, but nothing great

It was okay. To be honest, I thought it was a little bit strange. I mean, it's like what I tell my hair. Either be straight, or be curly. It's inbetweeen. Disney, when you make a tearjerking drama, either make it true fantasy, or more of a non-fiction movie. That's what annoyed me. SPOILER ALERT! I wasn't under the impression that Timothy dies, just that he moves on, along with his leaves. His purpose was simply to help his parent become better ones for the next child they adopt.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypatilly100 August 21, 2012

Timothy Green - Grab a Tissue!

The ultimate tear-jerker. I would say this is one of those sad ending movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBubbleGumGod September 19, 2012

Very sentimental

Beautiful movie. Very heartbreaking, but also shows the true meaning in parents.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoking-jay August 22, 2012

So-So

Not the best movie ever
Teen, 13 years old Written byNThomas13 September 2, 2012

Great fun for the family!

The Odd Life of Timothy Green is a great movie for the whole family and a perfect mix of comedy and drama. The movie contains some mild thematic elements that young children would not understand. And, a kid is bullied throughout most of the movie because he is different, but the important part is that the movie teaches to never give up, and despite the fact that you may be different, we all are, and that shouldn't stop you from following your dreams.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvannacat1 August 26, 2012

Surprising , but great movie I recommend

This movie was very interesting. It was totally different than what I thought it was going to turn out to be. It may make you cry at a few of parts or make you sad. No bad language or any bad stuff. This movie was NOT cheesy.
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2012

Disney Good Feeling Movie May Cause Tears But Is Just An Okay Movie

This movie is a feel good movie so as you can expect the main characters are all nice people and the message of family is throughout the whole movie. This movie was just ok, it would be great but the script writing and acting of the character Timothy Green was pretty awful. It was just a pinch too obvious he was acting! In the end Timothy dies and this can be upsetting to very young kids (technically he only disappears). Timothy accidently hits a girl in the head and watches his grandfather die. Swearing wise h*ll is the worst used and that is pretty much the only reason why I would say this is not good for anyone under 8 (other than possible tears at the death of Timothy).
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2012

Sad-Yes. Good?-HECK YAH!

Overall, a good movie, I took my neighbor who's 9 to this movie and he cried. There is a point that is very sad. Also parents might not want to explain to young kids about miscarriages. I think the Green's are very good role models because they are great and loving parents. A little short for a movie. 100 minutes. I enjoy that they have situations that happen between real families. Overall, I enjoyed it and think Peter Hedges did a great job!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjedisquidward March 16, 2013

OH, IT'S JUST SO GOSH DARN QUIRKY!

Film is art. THIS FILM is not. THIS FILM is anti-art. This film, the Odd Life of Timothy Green, is . . . sad. Not sad because of the emotions in the story, no, that would be decent. That would be redeemable. What makes this movie sad is how incredibly "quirky" it is. How it claims to be so fun and nice and cutesy. This movie is fraudulent. Okay, so these two parents who always finish each other's sentences want to adopt a child. And they finish each other's sentences ALMOST EVERY LINE. When the people at the adoption center ask why they didn't put anything down for why the two are qualified, they reply with, and I am NOT KIDDING: "There was too much to put down." Really. An excuse that didn't work when you were 6 years old, these 2 adults find perfectly acceptable to use when adopting a child. They say they would rather tell the story of how they are qualified, and the people accept. After being told that the wife is unable to become pregnant, the two decide to make a box and fill it with slips of paper on which they wrote characteristics of their perfect child. Uh, why didn't they adopt then? Or go to an orphanage? But then they decide to bury the box in the backyard, and later that creature sprouts out of the ground. And when that child comes into their house and tells the couple that he is their perfect child, and they decide to take care of him. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW IF HE REALLY SPROUTED OUT OF THE GROUND. Some kid just came into their house and said he was theirs. So, they were willing to kidnap someone's child. Timothy then goes on many adventures being the most perfect thing ever created, such as designing a leaf pencil (uh, okay?), making a portrait of some lady, and kicking a girl in the face. Oh, did I forget to mention? There is this girl he likes who finds out he has a sprout in his leg, and in return, he KICKS HER IN THE FACE. But later, it turns out she likes him because she has a birthmark. Yeah, being a freak of nature and having a birthmark are really not that different from each other. Oh, and his parents, even though they have no reason to not like this girl, try and make sure that Timothy stays away from her. The wife also happens to have an awful sister, and the husband doesn't like his dad, so he tries to make sure that Timothy hates his grandfather so he doesn't feel so insecure about his relationship. But Timothy gets to the point where he must go back, and, well, he goes. Now after having told their story, the adoption center takes them into consideration for adopting a child. Now, if I were one of the people at the adoption center I would try and personally make sure that those two lovers were taken to a mental hospital where they would not be a threat to themselves or others, but since this is the happy, quirky world, the two get a child of their own. Now I know I'm sounding a bit harsh, but the part that gets me angry is the awful, AWFUL parenting and how amazing Timothy is. These are awful parents. Out of everything they put Timothy through throughout this movie, not once do they ever ask HIM if he wants to do it. NOT ONCE do they consider if Timothy wants to do these things. They convey the message to him that what he wants does not matter, and that he must always impress him. Sure, they may say he doesn't have to, but actions can say otherwise. The thing with role models is that not all kids like role models. They may just view them as people that they are not as good as, and Timothy is the worst because he is the best. He is the most kind, caring, compassionate kid ever who is absolutely perfect at every single thing he does. He has no flaws, and every kid deep down knows that they have flaws, and those kids who don't like role models they will see themselves as a person who is just plain not as good as this boy and that their parents would want Timothy over them. I dunno, maybe it's just me.
Teen, 17 years old Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 30, 2012

Cute

This is a cute movie. I liked.
Kid, 7 years old January 17, 2013

good for kids sad with love