All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2010

caution for 8 and younger

i personally think that this movie doesn't hardly have any quality. any three year old could pick this movie out at a library and her mom would easily check it out. later, she would be terrified by the voodoo man. they also could be very sad by the character that is important and dies. when watching this movie, a 5 year girl behind me in the audience was crying very hard!
Teen, 15 years old Written byyoullbeinmyheart May 2, 2010

Adorable with realistic life lessons.

I absolutely adored this movie. First off, the new princess isn't already privileged, which makes the person watching it feel closer to her as a character. People may be weary of the villian, but if you think about it, it's a good way to keep kids out of future troublemaking. Think about how many palmreaders and tarrot card places there are. Wouldn't you Want your child to think of that as bad and evil even if it was just because of Dr. Facilier? It sends the right message, in my opinion. Another thing that caught my attention in a good way was that the prince wasn't perfect. In pretty much all the other disney princess movies, the prince is made to be handsome, strong, intellegent, and kind- perfect. Prince Naveen isn't and I think that makes it easier for children to believe in fantasy and that they really can follow their dreams, because it's alot more realistic than the usual princess story. The issue of there being a few kisses and a glass of wine in somone's hand, are quite frankly so little that I doubt anyone under the age of 8 would notice or care. They probably see more of it in reality than they will in this movie. Lastly, it's set in New Orleans, with fantastic music, amazing voice acting, and absolutely gorgeous HAND-DRAWN animation. I'm proud of disney for going back to the traditional animation. This is how a movie truly should be made. I'm 15, and I have seen this movie over 15 times. I'm not tired of seeing it, and I doubt I ever will be. Disney has done it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLoverNumber101 November 4, 2011

Get It!!!

This is by far the best Disney Princess Movie ever. Why? 1- Tiana is a hardworking girl who doesn’t need a man to take care of her. She stands up for herself and is far more realistic than other princess. She is also an African American 2- Prince Naveen is just plain funny! He seems spoiled, a bratty but deep down he's a soft heart man who will do anything for Tiana. 3- The plot was amazing. I enjoyed the voo-doo (Honestly didn't see that coming) scene and the bayou songs. 4- It is REALISTIC!! At least a little bit. It takes place in New Orleans (Part of the reason I like it so much is cause I use to live near New Orleans) and they have Mardi Gras and all the jazz (*sigh*) 5- The music. I never was really a big fan of jazz even though my heritage is very Cajun but this movie just made me fall in love with. At least that type of jazz. 6- Its funny! "I suppose you wanna kiss," "Kissing would be nice, yes" That made me laugh my head off. "And we talk too!" I have nothing negative to say about the humor. I even to the "You from Street-port?" with ease. 7- Culture. There is so much culture in this. I grew up living with most of the culture and food they had in the movie so I was happy to have the culture be there. Things I didn't like to much... 1- They make Cajuns look dumb. My dad was like one of the frog hunters when he was younger and he is 100x smarter than them. 2- I know what I'm about to say (write?) really can't be in a Disney movie but at the time it took place (20s) African Americans would have been treated like trash, at least that's what I learned in school (I mean not to offend anyone in what I just said... typed). 3- There are some scene that can and probably will creep little kids out, like the voo-doo. I will admit when I first saw it the ending of "Friends On The Other Side" gave me chills. Overall... Let me just say this: I watched the movie Tuesday with my sister and I am currently listening to The Princess And The Frog soundtrack. It’s also just so sweet and cute!! When I watch it I can't help but smile. Oh and Lottie! She is awesome. She's spoiled, dreams of being a princess but will always (almost) be there for her Tiana. Go Lottie!! I'm finally through. You must be sleeping by now but oh well!! That's how good it is. I could talk about it for hours (just ask my family) ;) .... So.... What are you waiting for? Get it!!
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

Family movie

I loved the movie! The bad guy in the movie might be scary to younger kids. But a good family movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2010

Not as great as "Up", but a step up from "Astro Boy"

I know it isn't fair to compare this movie to Pixar and the company who made Astro Boy, but I'm just comparing them because their animated. To start off my review, I'll say it definitely should of been rated PG because of a scary villain, and some discrimination. The violence level is obviously very low, and so is the language. I have to admit, this movie was disappointing, but it had it's moments. It was nice to see a classic story turn into an animated Disney franchise. I enjoyed the plot, and the ending was very cute. What made this stand out from other movie was the happy ending part. Of course, it did have a happy ending, but the problem was still there 10 minutes before the movie ended. Watch this movie with your kids and enjoy it; it's a special treat for the whole family!
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2011

PG.

This is the most scary Disney movie to date. I hate the whole "voodoo" theme that you describe as "secondary". It is pretty much the main theme. There's some blood, scary and violent images, a lot more sex than you said, and I'm disappointed. This movie should have been rated PG. That's all I'll say about that. To the parents reading my review:please consider the consequences of showing this to your child. I agree that Tiana is a good role model, but all the terrible things in this film overshadow that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byImiYoung February 4, 2012

One of the Best Disney Princess Movies

First of all, I would like to say that this movie taught children so much, and that is why I love it. During this period, people had their prejudices, and Tiana's best friend was opposite her race. Also her husband was from Maldonia. Tiana and her father also showed that working hard pays off. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Also, it was a perfect time to have a movie setting in a realistic place and everyone needs to know how great it is and was then! Now to the "bad", I know remember seeing some characters drinking wine at the party, but that was all. I don't think people should personally attack this movie for the witch-y and voodoo-y things because other movies have also done this. Yes, it may be uncomfortable to see blood in a talisman around Dr. Falicier's neck or watch a bunch of ghost sneak around or hear a bug being squished, but all of that is really not that bad. People bleed, we have fly-swatters, and some believe in ghosts. Those things are not what is important; the love and friendships Tiana gains are what is important.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2010

good

I've seen it and it was great,but most people won't approve the witchcraft and magic shown in the flim.
Kid, 6 years old December 29, 2009

The Princess and the Frog Movie Review by APBF

(Spoiler Alert: this review gives away part of the movie.) I liked the movie The Princess and the Frog. My favorite part was when Tiana and Prince Naveen went to see Charlotte, and the part I felt sad was when Ray died. My favorite character was Ray. He was my favorite character because he was funny and I liked his accent.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2009

Too scay!!!

Ok this movie was creepy...and I know I'm 12 but still it had demons and voodoo. Then the Shadow Man gets dragged to hell by the shadows...what kind of mess is that! I went to go see it with my lil sister (she's 7) and she loved it because she didn't know what was going on meanwhile I'm next to her with my hands over my eyes thinking 'IT'S NOT TRUE...THAT CAN'T REALLY HAPPEN!' then people behind me are closeing the little kids eyes and taking them out of the theater because there crying about the Shadow Man getting dragged by demons. WOW!!! But on the good side I like that there's finally a Africian Americian princess, and how Tiona gets her restaurant by determination. I didn't like the fact that the firefly died though but I honestly felt better when he ended up with his girlfriend(I guess). Once again it creeped me out and I'm 12 so I wouldn't take ur child who's very young to go see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySosie98 June 13, 2011

Lovely Movie

This movie is a great for kids. It's a cute adaptation of the book The Frog Princess, which I loved. The fact that this movie was set in New Orleans really made an impact on the movie itself. It was a beautiful movie, with beautiful songs that really helped move the story a long. The scene where Dr. Facilier sings about "the other side" could be considered creepy if you were a younger child. My favorite scene most definitely was the Dig A Little Deeper song. Then again, not everyone loves a musical soo... be aware that this movie has lots of theatrical numbers that could be a considered lame by older teens. I loved this movie and you will too:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 8, 2010

5 Stars

I liked this movie a lot. I actually thought it was a little creepy at some spots in the movie, especially at the end where the villain is dragged into darkness. My cousin was a little scared at some spots too, but other than that she was alright. The ending actually made me cry a little, since things like that don't usually happen in Disney movies. In all, It's a spectacular movie that is worth watching.
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2010

For 4 year olds and up kinda scary for 3 years and down.

I like this movie. A first African American princess. WOW! First An African America president, Now a black princess. This is a amazing! This movie teaches you to never give up on your hopes and dreams.
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2010

I bought the album!

Awesome movie with great songs
Teen, 14 years old Written bykittenmady March 19, 2010

Very Funny but scary voodoo scenes. that wrecked the entire movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylolmonster December 30, 2009

8 year old movie

meh it was ok but a bit inapropriate (kinda) and scary 4 little 1s
Teen, 13 years old Written byAirconditioning December 30, 2009

Not Up To Standard

I did not like this movie because It was very very very very loosely based off the origional story and Disney is all about origional stories and when I heard that Princess Tiana was going to be a new official disney charactor I had some problems with it. First off I love the idea of having diversity in your cultures with the Disney Princesses, but if you are going to make the step of an African American Princess, which I am all for, then make the movie as the origianal story becuase thats something people want to remember and this movie did not cut it for me and I do not think I will remember this movie. Plus this movie is not something anyone from the ages 13+ because it does not hold intrest long and it is drug out. I also had issues with the messege. I do not understand the messege in this movie. I guess I do undertstand "find what your needs are before you can have what you want" but she did not need prince Navine and I felt she was giving up her dream to marry him though she did get her resteraunt what messege does that send. Kids now are going to go find a boyfriend and lack on important things in life such as school work and dreams because the movie says love before work or priorities. I thought that this was cute for kids but all in all was a waste of Disney's time.
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2009

Bad movie for 2-4 year olds but boring for older ones

um why would kids 11+ want to see this movie? It's too kiddish! Even kids 7-10 woulden't like it! I mean come on, princess, frog that does not go very good together. Also the shadow guy freaks my sister, Taylor out { age 3} its too scary for the little ones and too childish for older kids! Must I also say the prince frog is too inopropiot for my sister too he says " come on we pucker"! Gosh, those people who say its rated G should say its rated PG instead!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN May 27, 2011

Disney really raises the bar for themselves with this wonderful rendition of the fairytale!

Disney never ceases to make wonderful movies that keeps people of all ages entertained. Though the voodoo at times got a little sketchy for younger kids. I found some of the voodoo magic to be slightly creepy at times myself. I cry every time I watch one of the important characters die. Ray the Firefly was my all-time favorite character! I loved him and his entire firefly family! So cute!
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 27, 2012

Watched most of it

It's okay. And my sister said that the villain was sent hell. (O_o) which is interesting for a Disney movie. It would've been better if we saw Tiana as human more, too. Overall, it's okay.