All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie2Fun March 18, 2010

Good for nada

Witchcraft. Ugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaylee O. November 15, 2014

The Vudu and ghost parts were very frightening for me when I was 9. It makes no sense to me this got a G rating, but Tangled got a PG rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFMan July 29, 2014

Not Evil!!!

EVERYONE WHO THINKS THIS MOVIE IS INAPPROPRIATE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!! I BET YOU'RE ALL JUST SOCCERMOMS WHO COMPLAIN TO THE MEDIA INSTEAD OF JUST TELLING YOUR KIDS NOT TO WATCH IT! PLUS, VOODOO IS NOT REAL SO IF YOUR KIDS GET SCARED JUST TELL THEM IT ISN'T REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEFMAN OUT
Teen, 14 years old Written byCommanderEclipse May 2, 2014

Loved it!

From what I've been seeing the two biggest complaints here are the voodoo and the death of Ray. I understand how the whole thing might have been frightening to youngins, but all that talk about satan? That's a bit of an overreaction. Ray's death was a pretty emotional thing, I started bawling whem I watched it, but its almost a bit more honest to early disney like Dumbo and Bambi. They give the firefly a nice ending, so that was sweet. I'm super surprised they didn't mention Lottie in the sex part of the review, considering I've seen mild flirting mentioned in these reviews before. She readjusts her cleavage in a pretty noticable way. Not a big deal, but I can imagine some parents puttin up a fuss about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviewatcher12 March 18, 2014

scary at some parts

some parts in the movie are very scary and intense. younger kids might get scared even older kids would get scared. the voodoo man ruins the whole disney feel. DO NOT SHOW YOUNGER KIDS!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2014

I love it.

I thought this movie was great. Disney put just the right twist on the classic fairytale. The voodoo scenes may have been a it scary but I think most kids could handle it. All in all this movie has hilarious and a great family movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 30, 2013

finally

Finally, an African American disney princess! This was a great movie that had good role models. At one part I hid my eyes, they were drinking wine, and Naveen flirts with women. gross
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2013

The Best Disney Movie Ever Made!

This is the best movie in the world! Princess Tiana is a good role model to black girls like me. The cast is unique,the songs are awesome, and the movie is Disney's return to their best items, movies. The voodoo isn't all that scary (I seen the movie when it came out when I was 5 and i wasn't scared at all). Anyway the movie is very good and you should go watch it on DVD! 5\5! Bye!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylolifofo September 21, 2013

Nice movie, but it doesn't compare to older Disney princess movies

Shadow and the voodoo theme may be too scary for small kids.
Kid, 9 years old September 15, 2013

Awesome

Great movie I love the villains song I Love the music in the movie it's awesome
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2013

awesome

This is a really great movie overall. Though I am 12, I still enjoy it. I think it should be rated PG just because the sad parts and some things young ones would never understand. Parents would probably have to tell young ones information every few minutes. But, still, it is in my top 15.
Teen, 17 years old Written byarandomperson August 15, 2013

Pretty Good

Great, but not exactly for the intended audience.
Kid, 11 years old June 1, 2013

Loved it!

I have not seen this movie in a while, but I was about five when I watched it. I absolutely loved it and didn't care about any of the voodoo, because I knew that I had been raised loving the Lord and knowing that He would protect me against those types of things. It really just depends on the maturity of your child, and how you raised them in terms of religion.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus December 15, 2012

Meh.

This movie is a pretty good and fun family movie, but also very forgettable.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 2, 2012

Disney goes back to old fashioned animation, with some peril.

"The Princess and the Frog" is a Disney cartoon released in 2009. Being released in a time, where CGI animation takes overhand, Disney decided to go back to their well-known, traditional hand-drawn cartoon style. Since commercial success is not guaranteed with such an idea, Disney tried to bring in two innovations: firstly, it takes a well-known fairytale and turns it upside down. Instead turning the frog into his human form, the kiss between the protagonists turnt the (human) female protagonist into a frog. Secondly, this cartoon is set in a world, in which at least half of the citizens are Afro-Americans, finally exterminating the stereotypical depiction we know from Disney cartoons. As much as these ideas are interesting, as much the movie lacks the brilliance of Disney's earlier movies, such as the all-time favourite masterpiece "The Lion King" or the thoughtful, superb "Pocahontas". The plot seems a bit predictable, and the characters are not nearly as amazing as in the older movies. An exception is the side-character Louis, a jazz-addicted aligator, who is scene-stealing and interesting, but the second side character of Ray, a firefly, seems a bit uninspired. The songs "Down in New Orleans" and "Almost There" are really good, but none of the songs in this movie are as perfect as the soundtracks to films such as "The Lion King", "Pocahontas" or "Mulan". But still, "The Princess and the Frog" has its moments. There is a message about that love will find a way, and that inner values are more important than looking good or being wealthy. In the end, even the macho is not as superficial as he seems. "The Princess and the Frog" is nowhere a masterpiece, but it is a movie in the right direction. Hopefully, movies like this - and Disney/Pixar's superb CGI films - will finally triumph over the endless, dreadful teen dramas, annoying sitcoms and unnecessary 3D re-releases Disney has done in the last few years. --------------------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) Very mild peril overall. Not much violence. A drop of blood is shown. The villain is dark, but the athmosphere is not as intense as in e.g. "The Lion King" But still, Ray, one of the four main characters, dies at the end of the movie. He gets crushed, but his dead body is shown without any injury. Should be okay for younger viewers, but they should watch it with a parent.
Kid, 7 years old November 8, 2012

Don't bother

Don't bother to watch this movie. I would rate this movie PG and my brother said he would rate it PG 13 but I think that's a little too much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byColtrane Class May 29, 2012

Never Give Up On Your Dreams

I think the The Princess & The Frog was a very good and inspirstional movie. It teaches a positive message about going after what you want and working hard for it. The main character Tiana is a girl who has had a dream of having her own resturaunt. She's been saving since she was a child. But when she gets the money she comes to a situation where things go wrong. When The hadsome Prince comes to town, The shadow man gets involved and messes things up. She only has a limited time to get them fixed or bad thing will appear. Watch the movie to find out what happens when Tiana's dreams change right before her eyes!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 28, 2012

Excellent reason why Disney is still on top

An excellent animated soon-to-be classic that showcases the great music of New Orleans and an extremely well-cast voice talent! It's got great themes about digging deep to find yourself.
Kid, 7 years old May 12, 2012

G-Rated But Shot in the Face? Really, Disney? Really, MPAA?

Extreme violence by any standards: One character shoots another in the face with a shotgun at point-blank range. I don't care that in true "cartoon violence" style, the character simply gets his hair burned. My child and others were terrified.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKidquizine March 20, 2012

The Princess and the Frog Movie

This movie is NOT appropriate for little kids. People might be drawn to this because it is a princess movie but it is the scariest princess movie. The voodoo man (referred to as shadow man) scares some kids. The princess Tiana is shown as a hard worker though who wants her dreams to come true and that is a positive message. However, she agrees to kiss a frog thinking that she will get rewarded. The main focus is kissing in this movie. This movie should have been PG and it is very violent. However Tiana is a good role model by working hard to achieve her goal. Watch this movie before your child does!