All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

I actually liked it!

Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite Disney movies personally. Tiana's a good role model and this movie has positive messages. I thought for sure it'd be bad, but i actually liked it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHWADOB March 5, 2011

Lovable Disney Classic

I, unfortunately, was born at the tail-end of the Disney Princess movies and into the short generation of 'let's make some somewhat bad sequels'. At age 4, I was genuinely shocked that Disney animated films didn't come straight to VCR or DVD. But, when I saw the trailer for this movie, I became very giddy and anxious to go to it. During the feature, my toddler memories of the classics before my time washed back over me, and I came out a bit different. On the content note, the whole voodoo theme was very creepy, a side character's death may shocking to younger viewers, and there are a few mild sexual references (notably when Lottie (AKA Charlotte La Bouf) stuffs a few paper napkins into her dress and Naveen's general attitude to women in the beginning of the movie). Depending on the family, alcohol consumption (Tiana samples wine in a song sequence, champagne is used, and a man sees a few interesting (but real) spectacles in front of him and dumps the remaining wine out of the eight glasses he was holding in his costume, giving the idea that he thought he had had a bit too much) and mild kid swear words (dang, heck etc.) may also be
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrunettegirl202 August 29, 2010

BEST MOVIE DISNEY HAS MADE! (after the little mermaid!lol i love her still) coming from a 14 and 19 year old.

This movie was just amazing!!! The story itself, and all the characters were either extremely beautiful, or fit extremely well fit for the part. I who being 14 and my sister who is 19 adored this movie, us being both suckers for sad scenes "literally" cried our eyes away when ray was dying, and when he went up to the beautiful sky with evangeline (i love that name!).seriously almost the whole theater was staring at us but i still saw some sad faces, and tears in peoples eyes. I saw some reviews here from some totally expected parents saying it was too violent because of the voodoo and stuff, and their little kids got scared, and most of them being 6 years old of course would get scared because 6 year olds are more timid than others, I think the better age to watch it is at like 7 or 8, because kids then learn what is going on. And this one parent who made a review said "my 4 year old son said mommy i dont like this movie" Well A. Honey your kids a boy! thats why he doesn't really like this movie cuz boys arent t to crazy with the whole princess thing. i bet you all anything in the beginning if there was like a race car scene your kid wouldnt have complained. but all in all this movie had amazing positive messages, good role models, and it was pretty educational, and the reason why i put too violent here its not that its violent it was the only thing closest to "scary" for like little kids. Im happy they have a black princess who isn't ugly who is in a matter of fact absolutely gorgeous, with a strong radiant voice who ends up with the hot handsome hunk prince, and ya i know some of you are mad at disney cause they made the blonde girl act kind of dumb. But she wasnt really dumb she was just enthusiastic and excited to get married, and meet the prince, and ya we just got a good laugh out of her, she was actually like my 4th favorite character cuz first I LA LA LA LOVE RAY! 2nd I mean who wouldn't like Tiana right she is just absolutely beautiful, and set to achieve her goals? 3rd prince Navigne or however you spell it is just yummalicious and 4th charlotte was just beautiful, bold, and funny! So parents stop acting like parents and being concerned about the voodoo i mean eventually they will know about it, and so what if some were drinking alcohol (just tell your kids its soda), in sleeping beauty the kings actually got drunk! and you drink alcohol, and at one point in their life they will too so stop being so negative on a disney movie, let your children experience movies like that! well ya dont let them watch rated R movies but explain to your children if they get scared, that it was just a movie, and nothing like that will ever happen to them unless your there, or unless they do terrible things (not like breaking a cup, but like killing someone.) SO TO ALL YOU PARENTS OUT THERE THAT ARE UPSET WITH THIS MOVIE! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU ALL!
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2010

Disney does it again

I loved this movie. I loved the plot and the concept and it was very fun to watch. The messages are great and Tiana, being the only African American princess, is a great role model being a hard worker and always believing that you should work hard to achieve your goals. The only problem with the movie is that the main antagonist of the movie uses demons and has deals with the devil to give him power and in the end, one of the characters die, which is kinda much for a kid movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrancissca January 15, 2010

Wasn't Expecting much

When I walked into the theater I wasn't expecting much but as I walked out I thought to myself wow that was a really great movie not to much singing just the perfect amount and the animation and color is captivating this movie is great for anyone!
Kid, 9 years old December 31, 2009

NICE WORDS IN THIS MOVIE

THEY EVER SAY UNNICE WORDS
Teen, 13 years old Written byprincessanddafrog December 22, 2009

Great Movie

LOVE THE MOVIE!!! very cute, i loved it!!!! I think it is very good for people of all ages! The reason i gave it a ages 5+ is because it is a little complicated and it does have a "bad guy" in it. otherwise it really is a great movie. I can't wait to watch it again!
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2009

Aww, Touching.

I liked this movie, though the death was sad, it was touching. :-)
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2013

The Best Disney Movie Ever Made!

This is the best movie in the world! Princess Tiana is a good role model to black girls like me. The cast is unique,the songs are awesome, and the movie is Disney's return to their best items, movies. The voodoo isn't all that scary (I seen the movie when it came out when I was 5 and i wasn't scared at all). Anyway the movie is very good and you should go watch it on DVD! 5\5! Bye!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylolifofo September 21, 2013

Nice movie, but it doesn't compare to older Disney princess movies

Shadow and the voodoo theme may be too scary for small kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 27, 2012

Watched most of it

It's okay. And my sister said that the villain was sent hell. (O_o) which is interesting for a Disney movie. It would've been better if we saw Tiana as human more, too. Overall, it's okay.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

The princesses are BACK! >:D

I loved it! Saw it twice in the theater and currently own it! Though it can be scary sometimes and with the voodoo and all that, it's mostly kid-friendly! The one thing I don't like is the fact that most of the people in the movie were black. It seemed too cheesy, and obviously there just to stop all of the negativity towards Disney.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 2, 2010

Yay! 2-D animation!

It's pretty good, not my favorite, but I can sure tolerate it. The Shadow Man is a good villan, but his little minions terrify me, yes, I am indeed whimpy, but I digress. Tiana works for her money, she's stubborn, but a good respectful character. Her best friend Lottie is white, they're both funny together. The Prince is hispanic (finally) and he loves jazz, he's a little on the stuck-up side but you can see through that. Tiana doesn't pay him any attention until she pretty much has to, then of course they fall in love. Lottie is personally my favorite character, no, not because I'm 'racist' I just find her funny and slightly irritating. Anyway, Ray and that alligater which name I forgot, are pretty funny, but I personally like Ray. Mama Odi is gross, but funny, I love the casin accents. Sometimes I got confused on who was Navine and who wasn't.. anyway, before I go on, I want to clear up on the whole racist thing. Why is it, that every single move of every single black person on a movie is concittered 'racisum' Yes, I realise that they're poor, but guys, I don't think they meant to be racist by it- please don't be so paranoyed. She 'slaves away' as some call it, well, guys, she's working for she can buy her own resterant. And some say 'she should have a black prince' does it really matter? There were a few other princesses that were differen't races, Pocahontas, Mulan, Jasmine, sure some were white, but differen't. This may be hard to believe, but not every movie's soul perpose is to be racist. Some people may say 'well you're white, you don't understand' of course I understand, but you must realize we aren't all racists, I personally think everybody is beautiful, its personality I judge by. Anyway back to the movie. Around the ending was sad, sweet, but I really didn't like the death scene consittering I loved that character.. it may be scary for little ones, otherwise really cute.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 28, 2010

The first step to getting a more classic disney, getting rid of Hanna Montana, and not starting a protest at the some time

I like this movie. It has humor and it's a nod to the classics. It is a improvement over Home on the range. I like it. I highly recommeded it
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2010

This movie is great for families! It has great messages for kids to know. Although there is a bad guy in the movie that might be scary for kids younger than 6. Over all, I loved it!
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

A family favorite!

The Princess and the Frog! Ah, yes! The name so dearly loved inspired by the story of the Frog Prince. A magical time with a message ("It's not slime, It's mucus") and loveable characters!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie2Fun March 18, 2010

Good for nada

Witchcraft. Ugh.
Kid, 7 years old February 23, 2010

love it
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

really good family movie, but maybe a little scary for childen under 7!

I wasn't sure when I went to go see it , I thought it might be babyish, but I really liked it! there where some parts that we're sorta scary for little kids, like when the bad magicion was calling the spirets, my 7 year old brother came with me and he said it was a little scary for him. but seens there haven't been to many G rated movies lately and its a good movie I reomend you go to it!
Kid, 11 years old February 9, 2010

Craziness

This is a fairytale happily ever after movie you let your kids wacth cinderrella snow white and sleeping buety so how come they cant see this