All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

Kid, 7 years old November 8, 2012

Don't bother

Don't bother to watch this movie. I would rate this movie PG and my brother said he would rate it PG 13 but I think that's a little too much.
Teen, 14 years old Written byColtrane Class May 29, 2012

Never Give Up On Your Dreams

I think the The Princess & The Frog was a very good and inspirstional movie. It teaches a positive message about going after what you want and working hard for it. The main character Tiana is a girl who has had a dream of having her own resturaunt. She's been saving since she was a child. But when she gets the money she comes to a situation where things go wrong. When The hadsome Prince comes to town, The shadow man gets involved and messes things up. She only has a limited time to get them fixed or bad thing will appear. Watch the movie to find out what happens when Tiana's dreams change right before her eyes!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 28, 2012

Excellent reason why Disney is still on top

An excellent animated soon-to-be classic that showcases the great music of New Orleans and an extremely well-cast voice talent! It's got great themes about digging deep to find yourself.
Kid, 7 years old May 12, 2012

G-Rated But Shot in the Face? Really, Disney? Really, MPAA?

Extreme violence by any standards: One character shoots another in the face with a shotgun at point-blank range. I don't care that in true "cartoon violence" style, the character simply gets his hair burned. My child and others were terrified.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKidquizine March 20, 2012

The Princess and the Frog Movie

This movie is NOT appropriate for little kids. People might be drawn to this because it is a princess movie but it is the scariest princess movie. The voodoo man (referred to as shadow man) scares some kids. The princess Tiana is shown as a hard worker though who wants her dreams to come true and that is a positive message. However, she agrees to kiss a frog thinking that she will get rewarded. The main focus is kissing in this movie. This movie should have been PG and it is very violent. However Tiana is a good role model by working hard to achieve her goal. Watch this movie before your child does!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarryPotterForever March 19, 2012

Don't See A Problem

I don't know why people are complaining about. Yes, there is quite a bit of voodo...but it's like the hype with Harry Potter teaching kids Witchcraft...the movie doesn't TECH anyone witchcraft...only the Shadow Man is seen doing any Voodo - The Villan. Mama Odie - the good Voodo woman - doesn't use it at all... I don't really see the stereotypes as a problem. I mean, look at the stuff on Disney Channel nowadays! You'll see what I mean. But I liked how the movie gave the spoiled rich girl something...she gave up her dream of marrying a prince so Tiana could be with the man she loved...that's cool. And Tiana is a great role-model...you have to work hard to get somewhere in life. The Shadow Man is a little scary, but look at some other Disney Movies - Black Cauldron, Sleeping Beauty etc: - and you'll see alot of the villans are creepy! Have you SEEN Malecifent? Yes, an important character dies, but that's not any different from any Disney Movie - Lion King, Bambi, Tarzan, Hercules (though she came back to life but still), Black Cauldron - and good characters die. Personally, I find it realistic. People die in real life. I think this is a very good Disney movie. I think some kids might be a little scared...but my cousin was only 4/5 when she saw it and she was fine. So was my 3 year old brother.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylindseytdwt March 13, 2012

Calm Down

Some of you parents and others seriously need to calm down. Yes, a character dies, is that so scary, lets see where you are in 300 years from now, yeah, not likely to be alive? Also if you think this movie is sexual besides kissing and stuff, wake up. There is a part in the movie when Naveen says to Tiana, "We might be here awhile, so let's get comfortable." If you think that's sexual your thinking in the wrong way. It could just mean cuddling and nothing is sexual about that. You cuddle with your spouse, your kids, animals cuddle to show love. The only thing sexual is kissing and that is everywhere! So it's really not that sexual. I have to admit, the voodoo scenes were kinda scary, but they can't avoid it forever. I mean think about it, wouldn't you rather have your kid learning about voodoo now then 20 years later when they actually do get caught up in voodoo. I mean, this teaches kids what not to get into and who not to trust. Also I love the fact that Tiana is an African-American princess who's independent! Don't focus so much on the negative and think about the positive. This movie shows that if you work hard and never give up, you can accomplish anything. I thought the movie was a true delight!
Teen, 14 years old Written byicestardethklokfan March 11, 2012

stop over-reacting.

the voodoo thing is a bit scary yes,and a character dies,yes,but guys-IT'S DISNEY!what kind of Disney did you expect,steamboat Willie?i think this movie's great.it goes back to classic Disney and the animation is beautiful.i don't think it's fair that you guys are saying it's for teens only and it's terrible.you should know by now that movies are probably going to have violence and 'witchcraft' but you don't have to freak out over it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadygaga12348 February 8, 2012

Awesome

this is a great movie and the people that said it was violent were just playing around
Teen, 17 years old Written bylamanjalo February 5, 2012

I <3 THIS MOVIE

FANTASTIC and great music!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 March 26, 2011

Good movie, but lots of Voodoo

I liked this movie, but there was a lot of voodoo and some of it got a bit intense for younger audiences, but this is what I call a great classic Disney Villain!
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

I actually liked it!

Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite Disney movies personally. Tiana's a good role model and this movie has positive messages. I thought for sure it'd be bad, but i actually liked it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHWADOB March 5, 2011

Lovable Disney Classic

I, unfortunately, was born at the tail-end of the Disney Princess movies and into the short generation of 'let's make some somewhat bad sequels'. At age 4, I was genuinely shocked that Disney animated films didn't come straight to VCR or DVD. But, when I saw the trailer for this movie, I became very giddy and anxious to go to it. During the feature, my toddler memories of the classics before my time washed back over me, and I came out a bit different. On the content note, the whole voodoo theme was very creepy, a side character's death may shocking to younger viewers, and there are a few mild sexual references (notably when Lottie (AKA Charlotte La Bouf) stuffs a few paper napkins into her dress and Naveen's general attitude to women in the beginning of the movie). Depending on the family, alcohol consumption (Tiana samples wine in a song sequence, champagne is used, and a man sees a few interesting (but real) spectacles in front of him and dumps the remaining wine out of the eight glasses he was holding in his costume, giving the idea that he thought he had had a bit too much) and mild kid swear words (dang, heck etc.) may also be
Teen, 14 years old Written bybpowerslol February 20, 2011

I love this movie . The first african american princess my niece who is 3 loves this movie so much she knows all the words lol . Go and watch is :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byBroadwayFan6 December 31, 2010

The Best Disney Movie Yet

I was in the 'Princess' generation, growing up watching VCRs of Cinderella and Snow White. Even at a very young age, I was always mad that the princesses needed to be constantly saved by someone and were hopeless on their own. Because of this, I've never been a huge Disney fan. My friend saw this with her younger cousin one weekend and told me that I had to see it. At first, I was a bit iffy, the last thing I needed was another damsel in distress. Well, I watched it and was shocked beyond belief. Far from Cinderella, Tiana was different from any other Disney princess out there, Hard-working and determined, she is an amazing role model and positive character. The entire movie left me humming the songs and in love with characters such as the charming Prince Naveen and girly, southern Lottie. Some more sensitive younger children might not like the voodoo man and his friends 'from the other side', but in truth, he wasn't that frightening either to me or my friend's 4-year-old cousin. Another possibly sensitive moment is the death of a beloved character who, surprisingly for a Disney movie, stays dead. All in all, the movie was wonderful and creative, taking place in no fairy-tale castle, but in New Orleans. I would suggest it to any kid (or parent) looking for a break from the usual Disney princesses and plots.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2010

Know your kid

I liked the movie a lot but the voodoo man was scary and could prove to be more than that for younger kids. The firefly's death was extremely sad also. There is also a lot of sexy stuff for a disney princess movie.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2010

Great movie

This movie is one of Disney's best. It has great music, a funny plot, and great animation. But in one scene, two men are stereotypical to Tiana (telling her a "woman of her background" can't run a restaurant) and the voodoo gods might be scary to younger kids. Anyway, this movie rocks!
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 28, 2010

The first step to getting a more classic disney, getting rid of Hanna Montana, and not starting a protest at the some time

I like this movie. It has humor and it's a nod to the classics. It is a improvement over Home on the range. I like it. I highly recommeded it
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2010

Creepy movie is horrible for all ages!!

I can not believe that Disney came up with this! Although Tiana is a good role model and shows positive messages, the movie itself is Satanic! I mean come on! A witch doctor, who has friends from the otherside?! Wow. That is horrible! Do not watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake August 2, 2010

Its not the worst...

It was alright, sort of. It certainly wasnt my favorite. It just seemed to bore me a little, but thats just my opinion- of course. As you all already heard there was a lot of voodo in the movie, which actually scared me! The demons made creepy laughs and chased the characters in the shadows. I'm glad they made a black princess and a hispanic prince! Its about time Disney went back to exploring different cultures again. But I still dont like the movie, its hard to explain, some may like it. Butit sure didn't keep me interested.