All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

Teen, 13 years old Written byKidquizine March 20, 2012

The Princess and the Frog Movie

This movie is NOT appropriate for little kids. People might be drawn to this because it is a princess movie but it is the scariest princess movie. The voodoo man (referred to as shadow man) scares some kids. The princess Tiana is shown as a hard worker though who wants her dreams to come true and that is a positive message. However, she agrees to kiss a frog thinking that she will get rewarded. The main focus is kissing in this movie. This movie should have been PG and it is very violent. However Tiana is a good role model by working hard to achieve her goal. Watch this movie before your child does!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHarryPotterForever March 19, 2012

Don't See A Problem

I don't know why people are complaining about. Yes, there is quite a bit of voodo...but it's like the hype with Harry Potter teaching kids Witchcraft...the movie doesn't TECH anyone witchcraft...only the Shadow Man is seen doing any Voodo - The Villan. Mama Odie - the good Voodo woman - doesn't use it at all... I don't really see the stereotypes as a problem. I mean, look at the stuff on Disney Channel nowadays! You'll see what I mean. But I liked how the movie gave the spoiled rich girl something...she gave up her dream of marrying a prince so Tiana could be with the man she loved...that's cool. And Tiana is a great role-model...you have to work hard to get somewhere in life. The Shadow Man is a little scary, but look at some other Disney Movies - Black Cauldron, Sleeping Beauty etc: - and you'll see alot of the villans are creepy! Have you SEEN Malecifent? Yes, an important character dies, but that's not any different from any Disney Movie - Lion King, Bambi, Tarzan, Hercules (though she came back to life but still), Black Cauldron - and good characters die. Personally, I find it realistic. People die in real life. I think this is a very good Disney movie. I think some kids might be a little scared...but my cousin was only 4/5 when she saw it and she was fine. So was my 3 year old brother.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylindseytdwt March 13, 2012

Calm Down

Some of you parents and others seriously need to calm down. Yes, a character dies, is that so scary, lets see where you are in 300 years from now, yeah, not likely to be alive? Also if you think this movie is sexual besides kissing and stuff, wake up. There is a part in the movie when Naveen says to Tiana, "We might be here awhile, so let's get comfortable." If you think that's sexual your thinking in the wrong way. It could just mean cuddling and nothing is sexual about that. You cuddle with your spouse, your kids, animals cuddle to show love. The only thing sexual is kissing and that is everywhere! So it's really not that sexual. I have to admit, the voodoo scenes were kinda scary, but they can't avoid it forever. I mean think about it, wouldn't you rather have your kid learning about voodoo now then 20 years later when they actually do get caught up in voodoo. I mean, this teaches kids what not to get into and who not to trust. Also I love the fact that Tiana is an African-American princess who's independent! Don't focus so much on the negative and think about the positive. This movie shows that if you work hard and never give up, you can accomplish anything. I thought the movie was a true delight!
Teen, 14 years old Written byicestardethklokfan March 11, 2012

stop over-reacting.

the voodoo thing is a bit scary yes,and a character dies,yes,but guys-IT'S DISNEY!what kind of Disney did you expect,steamboat Willie?i think this movie's great.it goes back to classic Disney and the animation is beautiful.i don't think it's fair that you guys are saying it's for teens only and it's terrible.you should know by now that movies are probably going to have violence and 'witchcraft' but you don't have to freak out over it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadygaga12348 February 8, 2012

Awesome

this is a great movie and the people that said it was violent were just playing around
Teen, 17 years old Written bylamanjalo February 5, 2012

I <3 THIS MOVIE

FANTASTIC and great music!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 March 29, 2011

Not a classic, but okay

The Princess and the Frog, while not great, was still enjoyable. I like it how they made an African American princess and she is a very good role model; she's very hardworking, and doesn't wait to be rescued by a prince. The prince starts off as arrogant, but he matures later on. Like Common Sense said, this film makes light of racism and sexism when it could have been portrayed deeper. Also, I didn't like the whole voodoo priest villain and could imagine how much this film would scare kids. Overall it wasn't a bad film, but not the best Disney film and not a classic in my eyes. It's mostly a clean movie, but there are some scary scenes, and the villain is a scary man with voodoo magic. He also says at one point he has villains from the "other side". Also, a supporting character dies unexpectedly. It seemed like the whole movie was okay. But I'm glad Disney went back to recreating a classic story like they did years ago. And I like traditional animation better than CGI.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 March 26, 2011

Good movie, but lots of Voodoo

I liked this movie, but there was a lot of voodoo and some of it got a bit intense for younger audiences, but this is what I call a great classic Disney Villain!
Kid, 11 years old March 9, 2011

I actually liked it!

Princess and the Frog is one of my favorite Disney movies personally. Tiana's a good role model and this movie has positive messages. I thought for sure it'd be bad, but i actually liked it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHWADOB March 5, 2011

Lovable Disney Classic

I, unfortunately, was born at the tail-end of the Disney Princess movies and into the short generation of 'let's make some somewhat bad sequels'. At age 4, I was genuinely shocked that Disney animated films didn't come straight to VCR or DVD. But, when I saw the trailer for this movie, I became very giddy and anxious to go to it. During the feature, my toddler memories of the classics before my time washed back over me, and I came out a bit different. On the content note, the whole voodoo theme was very creepy, a side character's death may shocking to younger viewers, and there are a few mild sexual references (notably when Lottie (AKA Charlotte La Bouf) stuffs a few paper napkins into her dress and Naveen's general attitude to women in the beginning of the movie). Depending on the family, alcohol consumption (Tiana samples wine in a song sequence, champagne is used, and a man sees a few interesting (but real) spectacles in front of him and dumps the remaining wine out of the eight glasses he was holding in his costume, giving the idea that he thought he had had a bit too much) and mild kid swear words (dang, heck etc.) may also be
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

The princesses are BACK! >:D

I loved it! Saw it twice in the theater and currently own it! Though it can be scary sometimes and with the voodoo and all that, it's mostly kid-friendly! The one thing I don't like is the fact that most of the people in the movie were black. It seemed too cheesy, and obviously there just to stop all of the negativity towards Disney.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybpowerslol February 20, 2011

I love this movie . The first african american princess my niece who is 3 loves this movie so much she knows all the words lol . Go and watch is :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byBroadwayFan6 December 31, 2010

The Best Disney Movie Yet

I was in the 'Princess' generation, growing up watching VCRs of Cinderella and Snow White. Even at a very young age, I was always mad that the princesses needed to be constantly saved by someone and were hopeless on their own. Because of this, I've never been a huge Disney fan. My friend saw this with her younger cousin one weekend and told me that I had to see it. At first, I was a bit iffy, the last thing I needed was another damsel in distress. Well, I watched it and was shocked beyond belief. Far from Cinderella, Tiana was different from any other Disney princess out there, Hard-working and determined, she is an amazing role model and positive character. The entire movie left me humming the songs and in love with characters such as the charming Prince Naveen and girly, southern Lottie. Some more sensitive younger children might not like the voodoo man and his friends 'from the other side', but in truth, he wasn't that frightening either to me or my friend's 4-year-old cousin. Another possibly sensitive moment is the death of a beloved character who, surprisingly for a Disney movie, stays dead. All in all, the movie was wonderful and creative, taking place in no fairy-tale castle, but in New Orleans. I would suggest it to any kid (or parent) looking for a break from the usual Disney princesses and plots.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2010

Know your kid

I liked the movie a lot but the voodoo man was scary and could prove to be more than that for younger kids. The firefly's death was extremely sad also. There is also a lot of sexy stuff for a disney princess movie.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2010

Great movie

This movie is one of Disney's best. It has great music, a funny plot, and great animation. But in one scene, two men are stereotypical to Tiana (telling her a "woman of her background" can't run a restaurant) and the voodoo gods might be scary to younger kids. Anyway, this movie rocks!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 2, 2010

Yay! 2-D animation!

It's pretty good, not my favorite, but I can sure tolerate it. The Shadow Man is a good villan, but his little minions terrify me, yes, I am indeed whimpy, but I digress. Tiana works for her money, she's stubborn, but a good respectful character. Her best friend Lottie is white, they're both funny together. The Prince is hispanic (finally) and he loves jazz, he's a little on the stuck-up side but you can see through that. Tiana doesn't pay him any attention until she pretty much has to, then of course they fall in love. Lottie is personally my favorite character, no, not because I'm 'racist' I just find her funny and slightly irritating. Anyway, Ray and that alligater which name I forgot, are pretty funny, but I personally like Ray. Mama Odi is gross, but funny, I love the casin accents. Sometimes I got confused on who was Navine and who wasn't.. anyway, before I go on, I want to clear up on the whole racist thing. Why is it, that every single move of every single black person on a movie is concittered 'racisum' Yes, I realise that they're poor, but guys, I don't think they meant to be racist by it- please don't be so paranoyed. She 'slaves away' as some call it, well, guys, she's working for she can buy her own resterant. And some say 'she should have a black prince' does it really matter? There were a few other princesses that were differen't races, Pocahontas, Mulan, Jasmine, sure some were white, but differen't. This may be hard to believe, but not every movie's soul perpose is to be racist. Some people may say 'well you're white, you don't understand' of course I understand, but you must realize we aren't all racists, I personally think everybody is beautiful, its personality I judge by. Anyway back to the movie. Around the ending was sad, sweet, but I really didn't like the death scene consittering I loved that character.. it may be scary for little ones, otherwise really cute.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater September 28, 2010

The first step to getting a more classic disney, getting rid of Hanna Montana, and not starting a protest at the some time

I like this movie. It has humor and it's a nod to the classics. It is a improvement over Home on the range. I like it. I highly recommeded it
Teen, 13 years old Written bybrunettegirl202 August 29, 2010

BEST MOVIE DISNEY HAS MADE! (after the little mermaid!lol i love her still) coming from a 14 and 19 year old.

This movie was just amazing!!! The story itself, and all the characters were either extremely beautiful, or fit extremely well fit for the part. I who being 14 and my sister who is 19 adored this movie, us being both suckers for sad scenes "literally" cried our eyes away when ray was dying, and when he went up to the beautiful sky with evangeline (i love that name!).seriously almost the whole theater was staring at us but i still saw some sad faces, and tears in peoples eyes. I saw some reviews here from some totally expected parents saying it was too violent because of the voodoo and stuff, and their little kids got scared, and most of them being 6 years old of course would get scared because 6 year olds are more timid than others, I think the better age to watch it is at like 7 or 8, because kids then learn what is going on. And this one parent who made a review said "my 4 year old son said mommy i dont like this movie" Well A. Honey your kids a boy! thats why he doesn't really like this movie cuz boys arent t to crazy with the whole princess thing. i bet you all anything in the beginning if there was like a race car scene your kid wouldnt have complained. but all in all this movie had amazing positive messages, good role models, and it was pretty educational, and the reason why i put too violent here its not that its violent it was the only thing closest to "scary" for like little kids. Im happy they have a black princess who isn't ugly who is in a matter of fact absolutely gorgeous, with a strong radiant voice who ends up with the hot handsome hunk prince, and ya i know some of you are mad at disney cause they made the blonde girl act kind of dumb. But she wasnt really dumb she was just enthusiastic and excited to get married, and meet the prince, and ya we just got a good laugh out of her, she was actually like my 4th favorite character cuz first I LA LA LA LOVE RAY! 2nd I mean who wouldn't like Tiana right she is just absolutely beautiful, and set to achieve her goals? 3rd prince Navigne or however you spell it is just yummalicious and 4th charlotte was just beautiful, bold, and funny! So parents stop acting like parents and being concerned about the voodoo i mean eventually they will know about it, and so what if some were drinking alcohol (just tell your kids its soda), in sleeping beauty the kings actually got drunk! and you drink alcohol, and at one point in their life they will too so stop being so negative on a disney movie, let your children experience movies like that! well ya dont let them watch rated R movies but explain to your children if they get scared, that it was just a movie, and nothing like that will ever happen to them unless your there, or unless they do terrible things (not like breaking a cup, but like killing someone.) SO TO ALL YOU PARENTS OUT THERE THAT ARE UPSET WITH THIS MOVIE! THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU ALL!
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2010

Creepy movie is horrible for all ages!!

I can not believe that Disney came up with this! Although Tiana is a good role model and shows positive messages, the movie itself is Satanic! I mean come on! A witch doctor, who has friends from the otherside?! Wow. That is horrible! Do not watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake August 2, 2010

Its not the worst...

It was alright, sort of. It certainly wasnt my favorite. It just seemed to bore me a little, but thats just my opinion- of course. As you all already heard there was a lot of voodo in the movie, which actually scared me! The demons made creepy laughs and chased the characters in the shadows. I'm glad they made a black princess and a hispanic prince! Its about time Disney went back to exploring different cultures again. But I still dont like the movie, its hard to explain, some may like it. Butit sure didn't keep me interested.